Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
One company has the life squeezed out of it by EA, the other NAMCO, it's the same shit, both franchise share the same stupid, overzealous, fanbase. it really is amusing to see the similarities between the two situations.

Cut your balls off.

EDIT: And the sensitive AngryEddy has put me back on his ignore list. What was that about disregarding other people's opinions? :troll:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I tried some bell keeping. The fact that there was no wait to get called was really nice, but playing 2 or 3 versus 1 is not very fun. I would just hold back if there was already a guy fighting, but others had no such honor.

Ratbro is nice, especially since I'm running very gimmicky(moonlight butterfly :M), but the waiting gets a bit long.

DragoFireheart

So I tried some bell keeping. The fact that there was no wait to get called was really nice, but playing 2 or 3 versus 1 is not very fun. I would just hold back if there was already a guy fighting, but others had no such honor.

Ratbro is nice, especially since I'm running very gimmicky(moonlight butterfly :M), but the waiting gets a bit long.

All Bellbros are bastards and will never play nice. All those years of being Forest ganked has made our hearts harden.

Ratbroing is fun. I try to encourage people to run through my gauntlet but some people don't bite. Makes me sad. :(

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Honor? You're defending the fucking bell bro, there's no time for "honor".

DragoFireheart

also bell keepers are loathsome cunts and dont deserve the -bro suffix

You can also refer to them as Bell Clangers*.

(implies they are insane/retarded and only have the capacity to just bang on shit)

Niektory

one of some
Patron
And you can't even aim at the ground properly so all the fucking zombeies playing dead have to be baited too when they'd normally die before getting up)
Actually you can.
eKUKFqS.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Honor? You're defending the fucking bell bro, there's no time for "honor".
Not like there's a lot of reason to defend the bell.

And yeah, seems bellbangers are all crazy lunatics.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Ok without spoiling the game, I'm getting the PC version. Is there a DSfix for DS2 yet, or does it not need a fix mod?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Ok without spoiling the game, I'm getting the PC version. Is there a DSfix for DS2 yet, or does it not need a fix mod?
It needs a bit of fixing(mainly making guard breaks and jump attacks doable with mouse and keyboard), but it's actually a solid port. Playable in its current state.

subotaiy

Cipher
You can use Autohotkey to remap mouse buttons to the keyboard equivalents and you're set. Here is mine :
#SingleInstance Force
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 99999
#IfWinActive ahk_class DarkSouls2

F1::Suspend

MButton::O
WheelUp::
{
Send {l down}
Sleep 20
Send {l up}
return
}
WheelDown::
{
Send {j down}
Sleep 20
Send {j up}
return
}

LShift::Send {u down}
LShift Up::Send {u up}

~LButton::H
~RButton::G

; Equipment menu
1::
send {Escape down}
sleep 30
send {Escape up}
sleep 30
send {q down}
sleep 30
send {q up}
return

In other news, damn, those knee-height obstacles are lulzy. Also, I just took the elevator from Lost Bastille (sea level) to Sinner's Rise (sea level).

Grimlorn

Arcane
It needs a bit of fixing(mainly making guard breaks and jump attacks doable with mouse and keyboard), but it's actually a solid port. Playable in its current state.
I'm going to be playing with a controller. I just remember DSfix optimizing the game for PC with some framerate fix and a couple other things so was wondering if that was needed for DS2 or did From Software fix it for PC version this time around? I remember the guy created DSfix in like a week after the release of Dark Souls.

I also haven't watched any gameplay videos and no nothing about DS2. No secrets no nothing. I'm going to play this game completely blind and offline so I get no hints from other players. It's going to be great.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It's very fun just to watch people run the gauntlet in doors of pharros after you activate all the traps. Some of them actually get pretty far. Most don't get past the first mastodon. :M

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
And you can't even aim at the ground properly so all the fucking zombeies playing dead have to be baited too when they'd normally die before getting up)
Actually you can.
eKUKFqS.png
I haven't found any, but does that trick actually still work? Because looking doesn't seem to actual aim the spell vertically any more. You can fire it at the ground or forward, but not at any angles in between.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Man, I just can't get into the Souls games. I love their premise in theory, I love the art-design and the atmosphere. But honestly, that game just loses me after the 10th run through the same territory with the same skeletons and the same traps. I get the whole "learn from your mistakes and make a perfect run"-thing, but really, I'm bored extremely fast.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Meh, invading in this game ain't so cool when the damn cowards immediately summon 2 overleveled white phantoms to help :/

DragoFireheart

Meh, invading in this game ain't so cool when the damn cowards immediately summon 2 overleveled white phantoms to help :/

This issue was present in Dark Souls 1, but at least backstabs got balanced.

Lawd, I love the High Poise/Leo Ring/Grand Lance/Invisible Weapon combo. Washing poles don't see it coming and get a 1k counter attack as they try to do the dash-thrust attack. I can two-shot enemies that like to spam attacks as long as I poise through them and get that nice counter bonus.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Actually you can.
eKUKFqS.png
I haven't found any, but does that trick actually still work? Because looking doesn't seem to actual aim the spell vertically any more. You can fire it at the ground or forward, but not at any angles in between.
You need to cast WHILE looking through them. I don't remember where exactly they are, but they were one of the first items I got so somewhere near Majula.

Castanova

Prophet
Man, I just can't get into the Souls games. I love their premise in theory, I love the art-design and the atmosphere. But honestly, that game just loses me after the 10th run through the same territory with the same skeletons and the same traps. I get the whole "learn from your mistakes and make a perfect run"-thing, but really, I'm bored extremely fast.

Not trying to be mean but that probably just means you're bad. It shouldn't take ten times. I would suggest going into human form, summoning help, and going through the game co op. Can be quite fun.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Actually you can.
eKUKFqS.png
You need to cast WHILE looking through them. I don't remember where exactly they are, but they were one of the first items I got so somewhere near Majula.

Coming out of the starter area into Majula, look to the right, i believe you drop down the cliffside around the 2nd or 3rd fence piece on the right.

Zep--

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seriously, fuck bell covenant and anybody that is part of it. I'm going to dedicate my second character just to wipe that misarable sonsuvabitches from the face of earth!

Last edited:
It's definitely one of the best things to happen to low level PvP in the Souls series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom