Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Iron King is fucking bullshit man. Like 10 deaths in a row now to fucking hole in the floor. The worst part is the first time I lured him to a nice spot in the middle, but now he just pops up on the sides at random so he always spams his fucking firebreath unless I'm between him and the fucking hole. Fucking cheapass cunt. And the run to him takes FOREVER. I make like 10k souls each run just fucking getting there.
ohhh ffs explore a bit this location u faggit. there is 3rd bonfire like 20 seconds from boss fog.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
praetor AngryEddy

Rumor Souls!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/24e71e/a_german_spy_comments_that_miyazaki_was/

image.jpg

c9d5a12ec0e6b0a682d95d9ad6d9e124.png

839ea299f08404f68a18ec2a4e2b73b7.png

74a52e1537e5780dd9f294567f740b00.png

Looks like somebody wont be contracted out again. Good on him for throwing away his job, just so he could tell the truth; guarantee you'll NEVER see ENB or Vaati do the same thing. Also, it's hilarious to see the cocksucker fans of this shitty game throw him to the dogs, and say he's full of shit, lying, stupid, whining, ignoring him etc, when he was literally in the FROM offices in Japan and had everything to lose by going public with his criticisms.

It was obvious to anyone with 2 braincells to rub together that Miyazaki was pushed out in a power move.

Last edited:

MapMan

Arcane
Iron King is fucking bullshit man. Like 10 deaths in a row now to fucking hole in the floor. The worst part is the first time I lured him to a nice spot in the middle, but now he just pops up on the sides at random so he always spams his fucking firebreath unless I'm between him and the fucking hole. Fucking cheapass cunt. And the run to him takes FOREVER. I make like 10k souls each run just fucking getting there.
u act like a bitch u gon die like a bitch

praetor

Arcane
Looks like somebody wont be contracted out again. Good on him for throwing away his job, just so he could tell the truth; guarantee you'll NEVER see ENB or Vaati do the same thing.

i'm pretty sure ENB commented in one of his videos how he doesn't like the game as much as he used to because the "new shine" has worn off and now that he has a cooler, more distanced perspective it's not that good a Souls game, or something of the sort. he wasn't as explicit as Spy, but i'm pretty certain he shares his views (plus, you can tell from his DaS2 videos he barely gives a fuck in PvE and it has become mostly a PvP game for him).

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Looks like somebody wont be contracted out again. Good on him for throwing away his job, just so he could tell the truth; guarantee you'll NEVER see ENB or Vaati do the same thing.

i'm pretty sure ENB commented in one of his videos how he doesn't like the game as much as he used to because the "new shine" has worn off and now that he has a cooler, more distanced perspective it's not that good a Souls game, or something of the sort. he wasn't as explicit as Spy, but i'm pretty certain he shares his views (plus, you can tell from his DaS2 videos he barely gives a fuck in PvE and it has become mostly a PvP game for him).

So if all of the Youtube personalities are turning on FROM, why the fuck did they wait so long? Why didn't these clowns go public with their discontent way before the first sales of the game, much less after the double-dipping of the PC release? I was alone, fighting off Dark Souls fans with a stick for fucking weeks, after the Kenneth stream. It doesn't take 4 months to realize Dark Souls 2 is shit.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I agree that listening to the fans too closely, along with the lack of a good leader who knows just what he's doing, has clearly effected the game for the poorer. Fans talk about how much they love the ambiguity of the original story and how hands-off it is, and so in Dark Souls 2 the story is hands-off to the point of being aimless alot of the time.

So if all of the Youtube personalities are turning on FROM, why the fuck did they wait so long? Why didn't these clowns go public with their discontent way before the first sales of the game, much less after the double-dipping of the PC release? I was alone, fighting off Dark Souls fans with a stick for fucking weeks, after the Kenneth stream. It doesn't take 4 months to realize Dark Souls 2 is shit.
Because they stand something to lose for it.

Youtube personalities

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

those fuckers have no personality at all. they go with the masses. it was cool to like and praise ds2 on release and now its cool to bash the game and jump on the hate bandwagon

I was alone, fighting off Dark Souls fans with a stick for fucking weeks

:ehue::ehue::ehue: like a true choosen undead aganst the hordes of hollowed casual player

Because they stand something to lose for it.

They lost everything anyway by going public months too late. Just the mere fact that contracted employees are critical to their own product, means they wont be hired again.

they were critical to their own product in DS1 too. like apologising for fucking Bad of Chaos. also German Spy said a lot of good about From Software and somehow you missed that:lol:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
it was cool to like and praise ds2 on release and now its cool to bash the game and jump on the hate bandwagon

In all likelihood, it's this. MatthewMatosis' vid gets big time momentum and all of a sudden, everyone starts coming forward with testimonies about how they always knew Dark Souls 2 sucks: what a coincidence. In my naivety, I thought that they were honestly coming forward, but now that you put that suggestion out there, I'm really leaning towards it.

praetor

Arcane

4 months? wtf are you talking about? it's been barely a month and a half. plus, they've been working the whole time they've been playing, so it's a bit harder to objectively evaluate such a thing in such a situation (just imagine, as huge fans/fanboys of the original games they get hired to write the friggin guide and work relatively closely with From, playtasting builds months before others, however shitty the game would've been you know they'd be dickriding it from the sheer excitement of doing something like that... and you'd do it as well, if you deny it you're nothing more than a pretentious asshole) and had signed NDAs preventing them from disclosing information (although ENB's "bestest souls game" tweet was unnecessary and now it kind of reeks of PR)

and you were "fighting DaS fans" for the sake of fighting, like a bad troll, making up excuses and bullshit and raising valid points maybe once in a blue moon ("omg AL looks like the cathedral of milan! plagiarism! omg the graveyard looks like a graveyard! those bastards!" come on, dude... seriously?!)

and DaS2 is most certainly not a shit game. it may not be a good sequel (with which i would agree), but it's the complete opposite of "shit"

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wow bell keepers so unfair 2v1.

Running around with poison dragonrider twinblade and moon butterfly set is pretty hilarious though :M

LivingOne

Savant
Question about the Abyss covenant:I've lit all three torches and killed everything in each area once but died at the Darklurker,to fight it again do I have to kill all enemies in one of the areas again or can I just enter,run past the black phantoms and drop into the fog?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Question about the Abyss covenant:I've lit all three torches and killed everything in each area once but died at the Darklurker,to fight it again do I have to kill all enemies in one of the areas again or can I just enter,run past the black phantoms and drop into the fog?
You have to kill the phantoms, or there is a fog door blocking the way.

LivingOne

Savant
Well,fuck.I guess I'll try again at chasm in the shaded ruins since it's easier/faster.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

PvP in general is more fun and it's quite clear that's the focus of this game. I believe some PvE design elements were sacrificed to improve PvP.

Regardless, someone within From (Namco is just a publishing group) must have had the insight to realize that this series could make some serious money. It also explains the recent sell out to Kadokawa. Will Dark Souls 3 be shit? That depends entirely on the corp minds at Kadokawa and (to a lesser extent) the remaining From employees.

In any case it's quite clear Masato Miyazaki was pushed out. He probably signed a non-disclosure agreement per his agreement to leave the company on "good" terms.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The 'keep paying 3000 to keep human status' ring is quite useful for multiplayer purposes and somehow I didn't feel as if it broke anything even when I used it frequently, e.g. in the Iron Keep.

DragoFireheart

It doesn't take 4 months to realize Dark Souls 2 is shit.

Inferior sequel != shit.

I do have one other theory:

Maybe Masato Miyazaki did leave on his own terms because he didn't want to deal with pressure from Namco to make the game more successful via making it more accessible. Perhaps From allowed itself to be bought out by Kadokawa as that publisher seems more interested in niche games (based on a quick glance of things they have published. Also, lots of anime/mangas). It will be interesting to see how they handle Dark Souls 3 and other future games.

The 'keep paying 3000 to keep human status' ring is quite useful for multiplayer purposes and somehow I didn't feel as if it broke anything even when I used it frequently, e.g. in the Iron Keep.

The Ring makes PvE easier because you don't have to worry about recovering your bloodstain. With limited souls this is a bigger issues unlike in Demon's/Dark where you could lose several million souls and just farm them back.

Though with proper Bonfire Ascetic usage you can farm souls anyways so...

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Inferior sequel != shit.

Just because other games are bad, doesn't make Dark Souls 2 any less bad. Dark Souls 2 is a bad game, and a worse sequel. I'm sure people were saying the same stupid shit when Dragon Age 2 came out "It's a bad sequel but a good game!".

DragoFireheart

Inferior sequel != shit.

Just because other games are bad, doesn't make Dark Souls 2 any less bad. Dark Souls 2 is a bad game, and a worse sequel. I'm sure people were saying the same stupid shit when Dragon Age 2 came out "It's a bad sequel but a good game!".

Don't ever compare a Souls game to that filth that Bioshit produces.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Inferior sequel != shit.

:neveraskedforthis:

DragoFireheart

Inferior sequel != shit.

If I have to explain to you why Dark Souls 2, which was produced by a new team and miraculously managed to not suck despite speculation of people being removed through power struggles and other business bullshit, isn't comparable to Gaider douche-shit and Hamburger Helper cumbucket of retardation that serve the Cthulhu Death Overlord know as EA that is the Eater of game-dev studios, then you are so far gone as a full retard moron there is no hope for you and you should seriously consider getting your balls cut off so you remove yourself from the gene pool and rid humanity of your plague-like stupidity.

If you're trolling then it's too obvious, 0/10.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Inferior sequel != shit.

If I have to explain to you why Dark Souls 2, which was produced by a new team and miraculously managed to not suck despite speculation of people being removed through power struggles and other business bullshit, isn't comparable to Gaider douche-shit and Hamburger Helper cumbucket of retardation that serve the Cthulhu Death Overlord know as EA that is the Eater of game-dev studios, then you are so far gone as a full retard moron there is no hope for you and you should seriously consider getting your balls cut off so you remove yourself from the gene pool and rid humanity of your plague-like stupidity.

If you're trolling then it's too obvious, 0/10.

One company has the life squeezed out of it by EA, the other NAMCO, it's the same shit; both franchises share the same stupid, overzealous, fanbase. it really is amusing to see the similarities between the two situations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom