Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Currently pvping in tomb of saints. It's fun to be a ratbro. Something tells me poison dragonrider twinblade+0 is not a totally legit pvp weapon though.

Currently won 5/9. Time to quit while I'm ahead.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Currently pvping in tomb of saints. It's fun to be a ratbro. Something tells me poison dragonrider twinblade+0 is not a totally legit pvp weapon though.

Currently won 5/7.

if you want to play with a twinblade, get a broken santier's spear (infuse with raw or mundane depending on stats... if your lowest stat is at least 9 go mundane) and put some poison resin on

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Currently won 5/7.

if you want to play with a twinblade, get a broken santier's spear (infuse with raw or mundane depending on stats... if your lowest stat is at least 9 go mundane) and put some poison resin on
That's like half a game away. But yeah, I will probably get that later.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
That's like half a game away.

More like a trip to the Gutter and 1-2 bosses away.
Isn't doors of pharros behind Scorpioness? Why would I need to go to gutter?

Statue blocks your way.
I have obviously been to old iron keep if I have a poison weapon :M I actually have 3 fragrant branches. I fucking hate that part of shaded woods though. The lion guys are ridiculous.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I have obviously been to old iron keep if I have a poison weapon :M I actually have 3 fragrant branches. I fucking hate that part of shaded woods though. The lion guys are ridiculous.

A Dagger and backstabs are your friend.

Or you can just run past them.

Murk

Arcane
I joined Ratbros and was in the Doors of Pharros area trying to open all the shit. Problem; 3 times the summoned enemy was killed by the mammoth and the rat there. I just... I spent more time running back and forth from the far lockstone ports to the spawn point than fighting. Also, the water is ridiculous for lightning spear. I'm only using basic light spear and I'm hitting for like 700 damage.

Faith really is busted. Gonna make a dex/int char next. I just killed the looking glass knight -- was an OK fight but I think the dudes who said the bosses are too samey are correct. They all have very identical broad horizontal swings and an overhead tracking chop. So far the legitimately "oh shit, didn't expect that" moments has been the Executioner's Chariot (which was... a weird thing), the giant rat because of its head lunge that I could not figure out (and because of the other rats infecting you with toxic), the dear freja for atypical attack pattern + spawns + weapon break, and the gargoyle's for 5 spawns.

Basically whenever it is a "big dude" the fight goes like this for me. I take no hits and win; I get hit once and die (often I'll be at 50% hp). I tend to not pump HP (my vigor is 10? at like level 102 or so) and I use light armor because yeah.

Also, HOW THE FUCK IS THE MACE SO GODDAMN GOOD. I recall it being p shitty in DS1.

It's unfortunate that this game sacrificed internal consistency for gamism, but I guess I'd rather have more fun gameplay than "things make sense"... but then, the gameplay isn't THAT much improved so overall the trade-off wasn't worth it.

The NPCs are definitely inferior and there are less "new developments" than DS1. Finding Laurentius hollow after I "helped him" to discover a bigger flame was a huge blow man, made me feel bad since he was such a cool bro. Solaire, Logan, and of course Onion Bro o>

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Got me the proper pc version today and boy is that so much better. Silk smooth, beautiful, fast loading times. But since I am using a 16:10 monitor I have those black bars on screen. Any way yet to fix that?

Huh? I have a 16:10 and the game defaulted to full screen with no black bars.

To me it looks like this:
88E556A9BF067F30598B3335BCAAB5AB149147AC

Nothing gamebreaking, but it would be nice if I could play 1680:1050 without the blackness :)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well this game is so non linear that I've now run out of places to go and have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Gotten 3 great souls, still no other blacksmiths (except the crazy cunt that mutters about an ember) multiple NPCs I've met once who then simply vanished for the rest of the game, and about half a dozen doors still locked with shit I don't have. Considering there's no room left on the travel page I've obviously missed something, probably some door in the corner of a dark room that daisy chains into another 5 areas I haven't been inside yet.

Current guesses are something in the gutters (possibly in that stupid ladder maze) or in that room with the giant fire geckos. But AFAICT that just led back outside and was just a place to store some shitty loot.

Damned Registrations

Sin lady, Rotten (who was actually interesting in one regard; he has like no poise but an incredibly short stun animation, making fast weapons actually useful here. I've noticed other enemies with a similar trait to a lesser extent) and lady freya?

Alright. Did you talk to that bitch you met after killing Dragonrider? She sells miracles. Talk to her until she says she is moving on. You will find her later in Majula in that room with strange device. Pay her 2000 souls to open doors.

toroid

Arcane
Fuck the Gutter.
Anybody else have the experience of carefully making your way down through the Gutter from Majula only to have a piece of the floor break away and send you plummeting to your death just as you were about to jump down to the Gutter's first available bonfire?
From are fucking trolls, man.

Murk

Arcane
So, I spent like 10 minutes trying to punk Dragonrider into killing himself by not raising any of the outer rings of the stage. Eventually I got bored and just killed him normally.

Am I gud yet or only kind of not-bad?

So, I spent like 10 minutes trying to punk Dragonrider into killing himself by not raising any of the outer rings of the stage. Eventually I got bored and just killed him normally.

Am I gud yet or only kind of not-bad?
at the beginning count his steps and on his 7th jump to the right:roll:

Did you git gud in DS1 after killing Taurus Demon? Did not think so;)

Damned Registrations

look in majula for gate between house with cat and blacksmith.
You mean the one that has the nonfunctional contraption and the stairway down to a little canal blocked by a gate? I can't get through there.

Edit: Found the way through. That is the DUMBEST place to put a switch. I'd have never found that without knowing beforehand I'm supposed to be able to go through there. The gate doesn't even say it's locked by anything so I wasn't even sure it was openable, and the fucking thing is placed in just such a way that I'd literally never had it in my frame of view, since it's blocked by the pillar on the way in.

aris

Arcane

Damned Registrations

Well that effectively solves my complaint about it being too railroaded. I think DaS1 was still more open, but two areas is certainly sufficient. I'm guessing I'll also find the early game sorceries/pyromancies down this way as well that my mage was missing so sorely.

Overall my impression has improved a lot as I've kept playing. Pretty happy with it now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom