Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

aris

Arcane
Fuck the Gutter.
Anybody else have the experience of carefully making your way down through the Gutter from Majula only to have a piece of the floor break away and send you plummeting to your death just as you were about to jump down to the Gutter's first available bonfire?
From are fucking trolls, man.
We already knew that
dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

ISvEMU3.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Really, the more I think about it and the end result the more I'm surprised it didn't become much worse. This game is firmly a 88% in my mind, with Demon's Souls being a 90% and Dark Souls being a 92%.

I now realize why the Ring of Life Protection is broken in a good way: it makes PvP more convenient. Rather than having to burn a Effigy if I lose as host or wear the Ring of Binding and take a HP penalty, I wear this ring and it only costs me 3000 souls to maintain my humanity. Did From knowingly sacrifice some PvE challenge to make PvP more enjoyable? I know if I had to burn effigies as host or go back to that certain place every time to regain humanity it would quickly become tedious.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I think the two best ways they've trolled me so far are the mimic (scared me shitless) and finding out that you can destroy the contents of chests.

Though in general, I've noticed a lot of trolltastic ai patterns on the enemies. Like those lion fucks? 95% of the time they just swing once. So you fight on that assumption. Then suddenly they turn into fucking ninjas and instakill you. That's some fucking horse shit right there.

DragoFireheart

I think the two best ways they've trolled me so far are the mimic (scared me shitless) and finding out that you can destroy the contents of chests.

Though in general, I've noticed a lot of trolltastic ai patterns on the enemies. Like those lion fucks? 95% of the time they just swing once. So you fight on that assumption. Then suddenly they turn into fucking ninjas and instakill you. That's some fucking horse shit right there.

Drakekeepers with hammer say hi.

Damned Registrations

Also, wtf is with the item drops? I was getting all sorts of shit off the spiders, including a Greatscythe and Ricard's Rapier (which has a WAY better R2 now, I might actually use that thing with a sorceror or something) but in general, I've gotten very little all game long besides the predictable weapons/armor of the type of enemy I'm killing. Is it just lategame enemies that drop random shit, or have I just been unlucky?

DragoFireheart

Also, wtf is with the item drops? I was getting all sorts of shit off the spiders, including a Greatscythe and Ricard's Rapier (which has a WAY better R2 now, I might actually use that thing with a sorceror or something) but in general, I've gotten very little all game long besides the predictable weapons/armor of the type of enemy I'm killing. Is it just lategame enemies that drop random shit, or have I just been unlucky?

Lizard Staff.

praetor

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Eh the Lizard Staff is more of a stopgap to an endgame weapon rather than a full on one. Granted it could be used as one but once you get past the castle better options start popping up frequently.

DragoFireheart

Eh the Lizard Staff is more of a stopgap to an endgame weapon rather than a full on one. Granted it could be used as one but once you get past the castle better options start popping up frequently.

This statement enrages every OCD jRPG weeboo.

WE NEED ALL THE ITEMS YOU FUCKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111

toroid

Arcane
Speaking of item drops.. A weird trend I have noticed (which might just be a random fluke) is that I see a much greater frequency of item drops in the first few minutes of a playing session than I do after I've been playing for a while. I've noticed this happening a few times.

DragoFireheart

Speaking of item drops.. A weird trend I have noticed (which might just be a random fluke) is that I see a much greater frequency of item drops in the first few minutes of a playing session than I do after I've been playing for a while. I've noticed this happening a few times.

Probably a fluke.

Damned Registrations

Lizard Staff.
I assume that's a weapon with a multihit R2 attack? Is it the same spaz flailing the guys with the huge distended guts do? They don't seem very lizard like.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

Lizard Staff.
I assume that's a weapon with a multihit R2 attack? Is it the same spaz flailing the guys with the huge distended guts do? They don't seem very lizard like.
No it's just a staff. Granted it's the only upgrades for sorcerers from their default weapon until very late in the game (another reason sorcery is the worst magic) but while it can still be used in endgame there are better options.

DragoFireheart

Hexer are so ridiculous.

Profound Still
Bat Fog
Greater Resonant Soul

Only people that stand a chance are people with Great Magic Barrier and Profound still.

Dude I carry a fat stack of poison moss and dodge GRS like a boss. Teh hexers taught me how to play better. It's the runner/chugger hexers that get you.

Cadmus

Arcane
So is this one playable on PC finally? What's the recommended configuration? I watched TotalRetard play it and it seemed to have issues with mouse acceleration and I refuse to use a fucking controler. Has that been patched/modded?

Yeah dude you have to dick around with AutoHotkey to make this playable kb/mouse. They have a weird double-click detection system that makes mashing the mouse buttons impossible. I wanted to do Kb/m after doing PS3 but I ended up using a controller because it seems a bit worse than last time even though there's more config options.

Murk

Arcane
[
at the beginning count his steps and on his 7th jump to the right:roll:

Did you git gud in DS1 after killing Taurus Demon? Did not think so;)

Hey man I dodged him for ten minutes that's got to count for someethingggg

I killed Taurus Demon by accident the first time I fought him =(

do torches matter at all for vision? I have yet to need one, other than to burn a certain large structure.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have the same black bars on my monitor as Surf Solar does
My monitor uses 16:10 aspect ratio and 1680x1050 res

Damned Registrations

Iron King is fucking bullshit man. Like 10 deaths in a row now to fucking hole in the floor. The worst part is the first time I lured him to a nice spot in the middle, but now he just pops up on the sides at random so he always spams his fucking firebreath unless I'm between him and the fucking hole. Fucking cheapass cunt. And the run to him takes FOREVER. I make like 10k souls each run just fucking getting there.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds to be that you need to;
A) Find the bonfire up the ladder in the fireheads room
B) Git gud nub
I mean the freakking Iron King? He's gotta be the easiest boss in the game besides the Covetous Demon and the Congregation

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How do you make 10k souls running to the Iron King if there's only one enemy between you and him.

O-oh.. you.. you didn't get the bonfire that's really close to his fog gate, did you?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I got a broken santiers spear. It's probably a better weapon than dragonrider twinblade, but I don't like the moveset as much. It has a spin to win as the second thing in the 2H heavy combo, dragonrider has a cool overhead attack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom