Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Shadenuat

Arcane
I did not mean roll after series of stabs. There is a particular stab which she does by jumping far forward. That's the one I walked away or rolled from. The lighter ones I just blocked. Since enemies in DS2 often have nasty habit of tracking you, I usually wait for their combos to just end.

Anyway this arguing becomes dumb. You want to one-hand weapon instead of sticking at least buckler there? Whatever, your choice. I prefer having additional option even if it's "mostly useless".

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Going through Iron Keep with a dual wielding character right now, and one advantage of shields is that they're very good against enemies with very fast attacks and low recovery time, like Alonne Knights. It's really easy to just block a hit, retaliate, and back off. Meanwhile, I have to either roll through their attack or parry. Rolling through works well, but is risky on all the narrow passages in Iron Keep, and parrying is honestly kinda hard and not very reliable.

I also expect to not enjoy statues in Drangleic Castle very much.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Going through Iron Keep with a dual wielding character right now, and one advantage of shields is that they're very good against enemies with very fast attacks and low recovery time, like Alonne Knights. It's really easy to just block a hit, retaliate, and back off. Meanwhile, I have to either roll through their attack or parry. Rolling through works well, but is risky on all the narrow passages in Iron Keep, and parrying is honestly kinda hard and not very reliable.

I also expect to not enjoy statues in Drangleic Castle very much.

Especially when two or more happen to trigger at once. King's Passage is not going to be fun for you especially since those guys move lightning fast.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The passage is actually quite easy if you hit hard enough; hitting the statues before they 'wake up' does triple damage, you can run down it and oneshot them before they wake up. They're easy to spot because the real statues don't have heads.

The other guys are much more annoying though, they always wake up 2 or 3 at a time. Though if you kill the shieldless one it won't respawn iirc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
:lol::lol::lol: I'm so bad, I feel bad for sunbros I summon. Just summoned one at Heide and rolled twice from giant with sword right into the ocean. Died to Pursuer too. Co-op'ing makes me do stupid things. I'll probably end up in one of the videos "PC noobs of Dark Souls". :salute:

Larpers are awesome though, just fought side by side with barbarian from Diablo.

Oh now I got why I was killed at Pursuer... the fucking sundick shot me with fucking ballista :troll:

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Funny that you mention it, I'm currently sunbroing up Smelter Demon, against my better judgement. Better than expected thus far, about a 50% success rate.

Also, I'm not worried about Horse Statues, I can just run past those.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Rolling through game with ton of sunbros is fun.

...damn people are bad at this game. There are bloodstains at places I never even thought you can die, like 10 after Heide tower at watered area with 1 old knight with sword. I thought I was bad.

Damned Registrations

Rolling through game with ton of sunbros is fun.

...damn people are bad at this game. There are bloodstains at places I never even thought you can die, like 10 after Heide tower at watered area with 1 old knight with sword. I thought I was bad.
Uh, don't you leave bloodstains from dying in PvP too? That'd make it pretty easy to die basically anywhere.

toroid

Arcane
In Dark Souls 1 the Black Knight weapons had the special property of doing bonus damage to chaos demons. Do any of the weapons in DS2 have some kind of special property?

Also, do the Black Knight weapons in DS2 still do bonus damage to chaos demons? (I assume the Smelter Demon is a chaos demon. The Lost Sinner could be one as well due to the association with the Witch of Izalith..) Though the concept of 'chaos demons' might not even be a thing anymore in the new lore. I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about them yet.

Damned Registrations

Some items have special effects yeah. There's a whip you can get from the crows that does bonus damage to hollows. It's actually fairly strong, but has very shit durability. Not sure what other ones there are, but I assume there's at least a couple.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well, what can I say about PvP.

DAT LAG :avatard:

Cleared everything in "prologue", killed Last Sinner. Guess I'll run around Belfry Luna a little. Already got killed by naked green guy with huge club named Shrek.
Barely can do any damage to players with my mace+5, whacked one guy 5 times while he was doing claymore stab, got parried and died lol.

Murk

Arcane
When I get summoned for help I am always confused as to why the host insist on YOLO punching the boss. I have started to wear the aggro-ring just to keep the stupid fucking host alive long enough to get my goddamns ouls.

I am mediocre at PVP but at PVE I am forgin great. I made a character to practice parrying (going well with the scimitar) and leveled him (actually raised hp for once, too.. I feel so dirty). I beat so many bosses on first try that left me going "jesus, why was I wasting multiple attempts at this shit before?". That fucking SL 1 run taught me some hard lessons mangs.

If any bros feel like some co-op let me know; I kind of want to do some silly low level runs or some co-op based challenges.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
Well, what can I say about PvP.

DAT LAG :avatard:

Dat lag and dat stunlock.
Some russian lagwizard managed to backstab me through the fog wall, I was 15 seconds into the fight with the boss and then I got ported back to my cyka friend who instagibbed me.
I wasn't even angry, just realised that apparently I need torrents in the background to be on the equal footing with them.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
what's the deal with frontstabs, btw? if u get shieldbroken/staggered the guy can do a counter without parrying?

Yep. If you run out of stamina while holding a shield, you can get critical attacked. The best thing to do is when someone is about to shield break your or break your stamina while holding a shield, is just use your last bit of stamina to swing at the guy, and either hit him, or just take damage instead of staying in shield animation and getting riposted: It's a really shitty system since it completely negates the shield break mechanic and I hate high level PvP because of it, but it is what it is.

Speaking of how terrible the PvP is in this game, if you want to infinite stunlock your enemies for 1600-2400 damage [depending on if the shithead is wearing Havels or not] and win 99% of your matches, just use a Dark Drakekeeper longsword, Dark Barbed club, stone ring, Ring of Blades +2, don't powerstance, and you'll rape everyone. It makes the lance stunlock obsolete, since it has a gap closing mechanic, and an incredibly fast chainlocking ability.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ran a bit near first bellkeepers zone. Tired of getting invaded by 2 people, joined covenant... got a few titanite chunks, but felt like a douche killing newbies and the fighting there is just too chaotic with multiple phantoms.
K, join blue sentinels. No summonings, no worlds. Wasted one thingie to duel, met a guy with sunlight blade and all that shit who killed me in 2 hits. K, eh, maybe I should try bloodies. And guess should upgrade weapon. But at least didn't feel like a douche.
On third try managed to get to bloodies, but need a thingie. Well almost upgraded claymore, so what the heck, will finish that, then invade. Upgraded claymore +10 and infused, invaded somebody for thingie. I'm in my ~80's, invaded a wizard with level 1 magic missiles and broken soldier's sword which had magic on it for some reason... bowed to him, guy freaked out, red phantom bows lol. He bows. We bow a bit more. Then I eat his magic missile and whack him with claymore +10, two hits he's dead. Feel like a douche.
Finally get to duel with BB's! And hey, Blood bros are fun! Instant PvP, passable terrain. Got destroyed 10 times until got a hang of it a bit. Still whack some people in 2-3 hits, others in 10, but hey,

at least I don't feel like a douche.
Not sure I will even advance in that covenant just by dueling, even getting 50% wins feels like an impossible task.

Joined sunbros for a time though. I will need that lightning spear.
Claymore seems a bit too predictable weapon for PvP. Nice reach though. I want to enchant mace and some sort of a spear too.

Magic spammers in PvP are so boring.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Joined sunbros for a time though. I will need that lightning spear.
Claymore seems a bit too predictable weapon for PvP. Nice reach though. I want to enchant mace and some sort of a spear too.

Magic spammers in PvP are so boring.

lightning spear are almost impossible to land in PvP. claymore is good, mace is a bit too short and not enough damage and the moveset is lacking in PvP. and, unlike DaS1, spears are utter shit. only the channeller's trident is OK because of the spinning R2 (can poison/bleed/guard break quite easily, although it eats durability fast)

you think mages are boring? wait until you start meeting havelyn mages on a regular basis. whoever complained about the DaS1 meta being too samey is probably crying in DaS2

Shadenuat

Arcane
I only need g-l-spear to throw at people who cast soul/dark geysers/pyromancies all the time, heal, throw bombs or dick around with ranged weapons. And isn't there that blue ring with faster cast rate?

claymore is good, mace is a bit too short and not enough damage and the moveset is lacking in PvP. and, unlike DaS1, spears are utter shit.
Yeah but it does such a lovely wham wham animation. How about lances? So I would feel like a jousting knight who lost his horse.

praetor

Arcane
lances can be pretty insane (chariot is ok, grand lance is quite awesome even on non-quality builds, never tried heide grand) and iirc dual wielding them you can achieve some insane infinite stunlocks (not sure if it's actual powerstance and in what hand goes what, but i'm positive there is a combo or two with lances that can stunlock infinitely)

Syan's Halberd says hello. Faster, longer and wonkier poke hitbox than any lance. You can poke people in mid-rolls 90 degress from you. You can't parry it either. Make sure you powerstance it with Helix halberd for ~1k pokes. GG!

:lol::lol::lol: I'm so bad, I feel bad for sunbros I summon. Just summoned one at Heide and rolled twice from giant with sword right into the ocean. Died to Pursuer too. Co-op'ing makes me do stupid things. I'll probably end up in one of the videos "PC noobs of Dark Souls". :salute:

I always find it amusing. Here's one that happened to me: http://gfycat.com/CarelessLiquidKid

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom