Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
There really are some obnoxious cocksuckers in this game. How many times do I need to fight against people who ALT-F4 at the last second, or are so laggy they just dodge everything, or use the rolling fist frame glitch. This community should be fucking gassed.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
There really are some obnoxious cocksuckers in this game. How many times do I need to fight against people who ALT-F4 at the last second, or are so laggy they just dodge everything, or use the rolling fist frame glitch. This community should be fucking gassed.

The ones that quit right before they die really need to be strung up on a cross Rome style and left to rot.

Murk

Arcane
i was trying to remember the name of a sorcery spell and the I realized that if I just said "soul" I was already halfway there

seriously from, your spell naming suuuuucks

praetor

Arcane
most of the translations Kanedias linked in that pastebin are much much better and make more sense than what we got from the official translators, and magicks have their own explanations so just go read them :P (dunno if there was something specific about soul magic sorceries, but there was an explanation about all schools of magic in general)

Murk

Arcane
Oh, I read them, what i mean is that 80% of all sorcery is 'soul _____" and that's booooring. Change the names n call it something else. Hexes have neat names, miracles have OK names, pyromancy has... very utilitarian names, where-as with sorcery you kinda gotta use it to figure it out (other than soul arrow +1 +2 +3 +4 soul spear +1)

DragoFireheart

I dunno Codexers, I think straight swords are better than or at least equal to katanas. Yes, there's all the hype about katanas, but it's possible to play around their moveset. Straight Swords have insane tracking and have no issues interrupting all but the fastest weapons.

Since monscim/buffstacking nerf and introduction off flynn, anything fast and with good tracking is OP. Sun sword at 99/99 - 425 + rob/flynn/oath/buff. One thing you never do is roll into/around straight swords and then they're just fine to fight against. At least there's no extra 50% bullshit damage on counters just because.

The only thing i feel like was a huge mistake is puzzling sword 2h r1 spam. Uber fast pokes + straight sword tracking =/= good idea.

Oath seems to have hidden elemental/physical defense too so there's no reason to always choose GMB over it.

Gotta love how PvP completely changes every fucking time b-team re-balances the game.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
oh, you've got to be kidding me... and they announce this 2 days before the supposed release date, and give no explanation?! jesus fuck...

praetor

Arcane
To9nflk.jpg

DragoFireheart

Oh for fucks sake From, 2 days before?

Back to playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, trying to get as many Ghost awards as possible.

DragoFireheart

Im so done with this game. BACKSTEP SPAM BACKSTEP SPAM, DID I WIN? Hope you get a tumor on your spine you boring faggots. Backstep spam is ruining this game.

Spears counter backstep spam. I could be wrong but I've never gotten a successful backstep against spear thrust attacks.

Also I'm surprised you run into backstep spammers. The usual protocol is one backstep and then mash the parry button.

Bahamut

Arcane
Need a little advice

Need to kill Nashandra with Benhart but he keeps stealing aggro and tanks her in the curse zone, he keeps dying near the end

Edit: Same with Red Eye ring

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Need a little advice

Need to kill Nashandra with Benhart but he keeps stealing aggro and tanks her in the curse zone, he keeps dying near the end
git gud :troll:
Why don't you also summon Vengarl ? She is weak to lightning, if you don't have faith add some resins. With magic and summons she is pretty easy but you obviously have a str/dex melee character. If you have some strong greatbow and lightning arrows you could try it.

Bahamut

Arcane
Need a little advice

git gud :troll:
Why don't you also summon Vengarl ? She is weak to lightning, if you don't have faith add some resins. With magic and summons she is pretty easy but you obviously have a str/dex melee character. If you have some strong greatbow add lightning arrows you could try it.

Vengarl is there too, and he dies first, the idea with bow seems to be good, will try

Murk

Arcane
Not sure if red eye ring works; but that might return aggro to you.

I find spamming magic at her is easy; otherwise try running up with a fast counter weapon like a rapier or katana. Her 'attack phases' are long so you can get some of that sweet 40% or 50% boosted damage.

I actually suggest you not summon Vengarl, as every other NPC bloats her HP a lot making her not harder but just more time consuming -- which is a big problem given she has a huge omnipresent AOE. Not only that, he's weaker than Benhart.

The other thing is to not worry about getting cursed (or to use the hollow skin mask), you'll be able to get an effigy or get summoned later. Just focus on killing her fast.

also, somewhat busted mechanic -- if you are far away from her and use a healing item (estus or life gem) she will often do the laser attack which frees you to get free hits and at least keeps benhart from getting slashed up.

praetor

Arcane
if you have the 2nd DLC, you can get an item that will render you immune to curse (so you can completely ignore the orbs) ;)

Bahamut

Arcane
Still its better than wasting those effigies for every failed attempt,
Gotta love how much enemies they throw at you in DLC

EDIT:

C8E4A680E88C06934A5A9FCE63DE674665D3299A

Horray for Hollow mask!

Killed the boss on first attempt with Benhart intact

Shame that the game isnt on par with the first one story/atmosphere wise, DS1 ending was much more "magical" for me

Kinda wondering what Team B From will serve us next (besides Bloodborne, because i wont have a chance to play it :negative:)

Last edited:
Hollow skin mask is such a dick move. All that time I would spend stacking curse gear just to get cursed anyway. B-Team is the worst.

Bahamut

Arcane

Powerstancing Artorias Sword Majestic Greatsword = awesome

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom