Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Murk

Arcane
You have 2 routes you can take from majula right at the start (forest or heide's tower of flame)

I thought Heide's Tower was a dead end. Will have to check again.

Nope. 2 bosses there -- one is a dead end to a covenant and the other leads to a connecting zone then probably one of the better parts of the base game.

toroid

Arcane
huh? I can count 5 if I consider

grave of saints and gutters as two separate things [both accessed same way, so whatev], then fofg + heide + misty woods

but what's the sixth?
Huntsman's Copse is the sixth. Grave of Saints and the Gutter are indeed accessed the same way, but they are also directly connected to Majula - which is what I said.

EDIT:
Wait, is the pit in Majula its own area, or is it considered a part of Majula?

Servo

Arcane
Was I correctly informed that this game does not come with a physical manual? I thought maybe it was just the copy I got.

Murk

Arcane
Steam has a digital manual; but even DS 1 did not have a proper manual (at least the sexbawks version didn't).

Grimlorn

Arcane
The pit counts as Majula because when you use a bonfire ascetic it refreshes the items in there, but it does lead to other areas.
There was like a 3-4 page manual in Dark Souls 1. Just had basic controls and stats info. It was shit.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So apparently Chaos Blade makes people exceptionally butthurt on reddit. Then again, it is reddit. Oddly enough I never generate any hatemail when I use it.

I'm guessing it's because I don't go the full Gyrm Havel Jester setup. Still, you'd think wearing jesters and using a katana would generate hatemail (especially after I use the "No way" gesture).

Stonewolf

Augur
It doesnt really fit there. Shrine of winter is essential part of main storyline, everyone will go through there halfway through the game, and they would get confused if suddenly they also could go to a complete different/isolated location. I think it will be hidden somewhere after one of the main boss fights same as previous ones.

praetor

Arcane
So what are your hypothesis as to where the final DLC entrance will be located?

it's pretty much confirmed it's from the SoW (officially for now it's only "in the shaded woods" so yeah...)

So apparently Chaos Blade makes people exceptionally butthurt on reddit. Then again, it is reddit. Oddly enough I never generate any hatemail when I use it.

I'm guessing it's because I don't go the full Gyrm Havel Jester setup. Still, you'd think wearing jesters and using a katana would generate hatemail (especially after I use the "No way" gesture).

yeah. there's a "katanas are OP" thread there on at least a daily basis. and most talk about RoBSOFlynn setups with weapon buffs and then compare them to plain UGSes. it's become beyond retarded. i even replied and called bullshit on some dude who claimed he did more damage on non-counter katana hits than with a zwei... and then in a reply to me he admitted the katanas were infused and buffed with SB/DW. fucking idiots. oh, and for them it's "katanas=chaos blade". yeah the 150 counter is a bit excessive, but these morons call for nerfs of the calibre "they should nerf their damage by 50%". dear god

DragoFireheart

oh, and for them it's "katanas=chaos blade".

That's the funny thing. Most katanas are too short reach and don't do enough damage to make their mediocre moveset worthwhile.

Berserker Blade... I forget the last time I even saw one.
Washing Pole is trash. Too slow, breaks easily, doesn't even have 150 counter damage.
Bewitched Alonne Sword is cool, but the self-sudoku buff doesn't last long enough and it has similar issues like the washing pole.
Rest are pretty meh.

It's really only the Chaos Blade that's "overpowered" and even then it's questionable. It struggles against quick hitting weapons that don't allow trading to happen. Curved Swords are a god damn nightmare if they are competent, and straight sword users give me a run for my money too. The retards that try and trade hits with me are the ones that lose easily.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2gkesq/attention_parry_spammers/

I purposely made this topic with an off-hand mention about me using a Fire Chaos Blade. I was curious how many down votes I could get. I guarantee you if I didn't mention anything about the Chaos Blade it'd be a "hot" topic and I'd have 40+ upvotes. The hatred for katanas is hilarious.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
oh, and for them it's "katanas=chaos blade".

That's the funny thing. Most katanas are too short reach and don't do enough damage to make their mediocre moveset worthwhile.

Berserker Blade... I forget the last time I even saw one.
Washing Pole is trash. Too slow, breaks easily, doesn't even have 150 counter damage.
Bewitched Alonne Sword is cool, but the self-sudoku buff doesn't last long enough and it has similar issues like the washing pole.
Rest are pretty meh.

It's really only the Chaos Blade that's "overpowered" and even then it's questionable. It struggles against quick hitting weapons that don't allow trading to happen. Curved Swords are a god damn nightmare if they are competent, and straight sword users give me a run for my money too. The retards that try and trade hits with me are the ones that lose easily.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2gkesq/attention_parry_spammers/

I purposely made this topic with an off-hand mention about me using a Fire Chaos Blade. I was curious how many down votes I could get. I guarantee you if I didn't mention anything about the Chaos Blade it'd be a "hot" topic and I'd have 40+ upvotes. The hatred for katanas is hilarious.

Fuck that goddamn subreddit. "Thinly veiled whining", what a bunch of worthless cretins. There is nothing more immersion breaking or unfun than playing against parry spammers.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Popular subreddit full of drooling retards, who would have thought. Is there also constant drama involving popular "community figures"? Reddit loves its drama more than anything else.

DragoFireheart

Popular subreddit full of drooling retards, who would have thought. Is there also constant drama involving popular "community figures"? Reddit loves its drama more than anything else.

I believe saying the word "Oroboro" will cause drama.

His videos are ok, but you can tell he goes hardcore min-max at times. It's funny to see him wearing Gower's all the time yet people will still bitch about how overpowered jesters is. Oh, and roll punch is all thanks to Oroboro /drama.

What's actually broken is the netcode. Watching videos of lagstabs is pretty depressing that you need backstab protection to deal with netcode.

Murk

Arcane
Testing some damage output possibilities, shit like the alonne buff does get silly. With buff + oath + 2h r2 during a counter you can get over 1k damage in a swing with it. No flynn either. Most cats wont have all this shit all set up and you have armor + gmb + blah blah but it's fun to dick around with. Powerstancing a chaos blade with other buff on that also adds some nice chunks. Up to like 1.5k easily in a single l1.

LivingOne

Savant
l_5417c90b42a35.jpg
l_5417c90e421c0.jpg
l_5417c90ec4f86.jpg
l_5417cc8a8fbec.jpg
l_5417cc9694c6c.jpg
kRoZ0Kh.jpg

Kanedias

Savant
While I agree about reddit, I believe the Chaos Blade is the most unbalanced weapon right now. It simply deals way too much damage. It has absolutely everything, the best katana moveset, really good range, 150 counter modifier, etc. Way too much damage for such a fast weapon. If anything, the Bewitched Alonne Sword should have the highest damage, since it's slower than other katanas and has a harder to use moveset. I normally prefer weaker items being buffed to be on par of the good ones instead of having the good ones nerfed (like Reddit always wants) but in this case I agree that the Chaos Blade needs a nerf.

Also the "don't trade with it" thing is easy to say and do because most Chaos Blade users are extremely bad players looking for an easy win, but if you use it you know how easy it is to just press R1 at the right moment to get counters every time. I don't even need much precision in the timing, because many times my attacks get interrupted before they are anywhere near completion and the hitbox still comes out, causing trades.

On the topic of katanas, the Bewitched Alonne Sword really needs a buff. The sudoku lasts too little to be worth using, and the R1s have no tracking and are very hard to turn. I would love to be able to delay my swing and turn the R1 to the sides to catch people rolling to my back and such things, would make the weapon benefit more from skill, but sadly it is impossible, they barely turn at all.

--

The DLC images look good. I'm very curious to see what they do when you complete all the DLCs, if it's going to be just some item, a lore dump, a new ending, or what.

praetor

Arcane
speaking of things needing a buff... the possessed armour sword. that buff lasts what, 20 seconds? it's ridiculous how stupidly bad it is

DragoFireheart

While I agree about reddit, I believe the Chaos Blade is the most unbalanced weapon right now. It simply deals way too much damage. It has absolutely everything, the best katana moveset, really good range, 150 counter modifier, etc. Way too much damage for such a fast weapon. If anything, the Bewitched Alonne Sword should have the highest damage, since it's slower than other katanas and has a harder to use moveset. I normally prefer weaker items being buffed to be on par of the good ones instead of having the good ones nerfed (like Reddit always wants) but in this case I agree that the Chaos Blade needs a nerf.

Also the "don't trade with it" thing is easy to say and do because most Chaos Blade users are extremely bad players looking for an easy win, but if you use it you know how easy it is to just press R1 at the right moment to get counters every time. I don't even need much precision in the timing, because many times my attacks get interrupted before they are anywhere near completion and the hitbox still comes out, causing trades.

On the topic of katanas, the Bewitched Alonne Sword really needs a buff. The sudoku lasts too little to be worth using, and the R1s have no tracking and are very hard to turn. I would love to be able to delay my swing and turn the R1 to the sides to catch people rolling to my back and such things, would make the weapon benefit more from skill, but sadly it is impossible, they barely turn at all.

--

The DLC images look good. I'm very curious to see what they do when you complete all the DLCs, if it's going to be just some item, a lore dump, a new ending, or what.

I'll agree with that statement. Chaos Blade is the most unbalanced atm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom