Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Also, I have always been a fan of the more realistic and elegant weapons rather than the overly fantastic ones.

Large Sword of Moonlight / Moonlight Greatsword, Demon's Great Axe, and Dragon Bone Smasher do not strike me as realistic weapons but I find they are far more amusing than "real weapons".

praetor

Arcane
I thought you mentioned earlier that they all start at SL1?

i did, it was a rumour and i was just reporting what others said/thought/saw. apparently it's not true (swordsman starts at SL12 or something like that, deprived is the only 100% sure SL1 for now)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I thought you mentioned earlier that they all start at SL1?

i did, it was a rumour and i was just reporting what others said/thought/saw. apparently it's not true (swordsman starts at SL12 or something like that, deprived is the only 100% sure SL1 for now)

Soul level 12? Holy shit that is high for a starting class. The highest were Barbarian and Thief from Demon's Souls (SL 9).

praetor

Arcane
Soul level 12? Holy shit that is high for a starting class. The highest were Barbarian and Thief from Demon's Souls (SL 9).

yeah, he also starts with something like 16dex and upgraded scimitar and/or longsword. definitely my first pick for now

Murk

Arcane
Heh, guess they're implementing difficulty control in various ways. Instead of having a flat out toggle from options they're increasing and decreasing already present values... I like this. Allows you to mix n match difficulty settings.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For my first run I think I will go with a fighter and try a straight up STR build...that new invade system sounds like it will lead to all sorts of ganking from DEX builds

aris

Arcane

Is it just me, or have they made strength weapons even weaker than in DS1? I saw this guy blocking at several instances a two handed zwei-hander powerattack with the smallest buckler in the world completely, barely scratching his stamina, and I was like
:hmmm:

Also, even when it does hit with full force, the damage it does, does not seem to justify the slow swing speed compared to that two handed guy that darts back and forth with his two swords, each attack hitting like a brick (like 50 or 70% of the damage the two handed strength weapon does, it seems).

Also, you can definitely use estus flasks as an invader, unless they changed this. Also, according to this guy, with higher dex you heal faster.

Just seriously, look at 25:00, how the hell can he block that taking 20-30% stamina damage for each block? Does that tiny shield have an ungodly high stability somehow that defies its size and strength requirement? At the very least, each swing should take of at least 40-50% of his stamina, with that swing speed.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Is it just me, or have they made strength weapons even weaker than in DS1? I saw this guy blocking at several instances a two handed zwei-hander powerattack with the smallest buckler in the world completely, barely scratching his stamina, and I was like

Also, even when it does hit with full force, the damage it does, does not seem to justify the slow swing speed compared to that two handed guy that darts back and forth with his two swords, each attack hitting like a brick (like 50 or 70% of the damage the two handed strength weapon does, it seems).

Also, you can definitely use estus flasks as an invader, unless they changed this. Also, according to this guy, with higher dex you heal faster.

Just seriously, look at 25:00, how the hell can he block that taking 20-30% stamina damage for each block? Does that tiny shield have an ungodly high stability somehow that defies its size and strength requirement? At the very least, each swing should take of at least 40-50% of his stamina, with that swing speed.

dear god, please stop posting. so much bullshit it's unreal. are you Berlusconi's secret gay lover? because i can't think of any italian male with a lower IQ

1. no, str weapons aren't weaker, pretty much everyone that played the game claims they're significantly better than they were in DaS1
2. you can heal as an invader, it was known for months, but apparently for some "reading is t3h hard"
3. with dex you can't heal faster. nowhere in the video does he say that. agility used to (and now adaptability although allegedly to a lesser degree) makes the "drinking animation" faster, not the actual healing
4. how can 20-30% of your entire fucking stamina bar equal to "ungodly stability"? are you mentally challenged? (rhetorical question)
5. why are you trying so hard to be the biggest dumbfuck in existence?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It might be one of the new/changed stats helps a lot with blocking.

Videos in general are not good for seeing balance issues.

aris

Arcane

dear god, please stop posting. so much bullshit it's unreal. are you Berlusconi's secret gay lover? because i can't think of any italian male with a lower IQ

1. no, str weapons aren't weaker, pretty much everyone that played the game claims they're significantly better than they were in DaS1
2. you can heal as an invader, it was known for months, but apparently for some "reading is t3h hard"
3. with dex you can't heal faster. nowhere in the video does he say that. agility used to (and now adaptability although allegedly to a lesser degree) makes the "drinking animation" faster, not the actual healing
4. how can 20-30% of your entire fucking stamina bar equal to "ungodly stability"? are you mentally challenged? (rhetorical question)
5. why are you trying so hard to be the biggest dumbfuck in existence?
  1. I'm comparing it to lighter two handed weapon style, which seems hell of a lot stronger
  2. Really?
    b) their estus worksextremely slowly
    How much slower would you say that his healing was?
  3. true
  4. that is a small amount for such small buckler, when you are getting two handed attacked with a zwei-hander, as far as I can see, he hasn't upped his stamina any either
  5. Why are you such a butthurt faggot that sounds like the 13 year old that can do nothing but rage and come off as elitist? I mean, this is how every single reply you have ever given me looks like

Last edited:

Kanedias

Savant
The speed of healing depends on what kind of phantom you are, for example a red sign invader can heal faster than a normal invader.

praetor

Arcane
The speed of healing depends on what kind of phantom you are, for example a red sign invader can heal faster than a normal invader.

yup, yet another thing i have tried explaining to him, but simple words are too complicated for his brian

aris

Arcane

yup, yet another thing i have tried explaining to him, but simple words are too complicated for his brian
Where have you tried to explain that to me? In case you in fact have, excuse me for not reading between all you inane raging in detail. See that reply above? That is how a normal person responds.

praetor

Arcane
Why are you such a butthurt faggot that sounds like the 13 year old that can do nothing but rage and come off as elitist? I mean, this is how every single reply you have ever given me looks like

because, as it has been explained by me and pretty much everybody else in this thread, every fucking post of yours is full of bullshit and stupidity of the highest degree. it's mind-boggling. i'm honestly starting to think you're actually that DSP moron in real life. it fits a bit too well...

Kanedias

Savant
As for the thing with the buckler, Dark Souls 1 is even worse. In PvP you can easily block attacks with the weapon you're two-handing, even if it's something like a katana that you'd think would shatter if hit by an Ultra Greatsword.

Also they can't really go overboard with the guard break because if you lose all your stamina while blocking in Dark Souls 2 you enter an animation that makes you able to receive a critical hit similar to a riposte. There's also a minor stat that scales with strength that is "BreakATK" which has been theorized that improves your guard break capability.

Also, the new kick equivalent (which is a push like in DeS) demolishes your stamina if you block it, so players can't really turtle in the same way anymore, at least they will have to be intelligent about it rather than just holding down the block button and backpedaling.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Gee praetor, I am not gaudaost biggest fan but I think you are beign too harsh; yeah the kid has some issues but just ignore him or don't answer his posts but take it easy man, you are a good poster here but you are now coming off as kind of a prick

aris

Arcane
Where have you tried to explain that to me? In case you in fact have, excuse me for not reading between all you inane raging in detail. See that reply above? That is how a normal person responds.

here (you even brofisted it, you idiot)
Nopes. You didn't actually say what he said. If you're really stretching it, you could say that it was implied by your post, but in no way did you "explain" this to me, like he just did.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
That is what I get from taking pity on you retarded little self gaudaost, but don't worry I am quite sure all your fans know and love you faggotism; praetor explained it to you and you even brofisted and how you are getting confused with who explained it to you?
You must be one of them incest from catholic priests fucking the retards on asylums and shit

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hahaha you are right DragoFireheart brofist for you (or whatever DU want us to throw arround now; maybe fairy dust and rainbows are really his scene?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom