Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

ADL

Prophet
Much like Destiny, I wish the sequel didn't exist and they just combined everything into a single title. The Division 2 lacks the comfy atmosphere of Winter Manhattan but it's currently in its fifth year and it's mechanically very good with a shitload of content. I actually prefer it to the first despite the setting and Dark Zone being worse. For the price of The Division 2+Warlords of New York expansion (on sale) you can't beat it.
The-Division-2-Year-5-Roadmap.jpg

Recently announced a third game is in development that isn't Heartland. Ignore Heartland btw, it's a free2play Tarkov-lite and who knows how that'll turn out.

Hellion

Arcane
Heartland has a game mode that in theory seems to be pretty close to TD1's Survival, so I'm tempted to check it out. Survival is probably the most intense experience I've had with these games so far.

Latelistener

Arcane
Underground is also a nice DLC. It's a neat idea to add some sort of randomly generated dungeon. I feel like it could've use more content though.

The Division 2 lacks the comfy atmosphere of Winter Manhattan but it's currently in its fifth year and it's mechanically very good with a shitload of content.
I do feel like my time with Division 1 is coming to an end, but I doubt I'll play the second one right away. I have it bought, but it's a matter of time and burnout.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Would be interesting to know if DIV2 picked up some disaffected Destiny 2 players recently...

Hellion

Arcane
There's rumors that The Division 3 will take place in Chicago and that players will have the option to side with one of 3 different factions in order to pursue different story endings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom