Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Quest Thread

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Im playing 11 again. I started months ago with draconian monsters and am now at the end of chapter 2 in the flying fortress. Is there a Site were I can see what the exact difference is between Monsters on normal and Draconian? All I find is whining about the difficulty and sites upon sites that tell me monsters are harder but no actual guide on the exact differences.

I still love it and have forgotten why I had stopped, maybe time or something. Has anyone beat the whole game, including chapter 3 with draconian monsters? I read that its maybe better to deactivate it because it becomes an absolute chore but that could be just whining again. Up to now I Autofight everything except bosses and have no problem, I also had no real problems with bosses until now except that I had to adjust gear sometimes and some fights where hard but not rage inducing (from my perspective). Does the third chapter get that much harder?

I know for sure that there are some bosses which get an extra turn in Draconian, like the Dora/painting fight, so there could be other little changes like that.

Other than that I just assume boosted stats, though tbh they're 'boosted' into what they should be anyway.

I have faith in the DQ team, they know their work is more than just a 'game', it's a cultural product. They're not going to half-ass it.
Even if the game was ass, the Japanese market is going to eat that shit up.

But if the absolutely stellar quality of Dragon Quest 11 is anything to go off of, I trust Dragon Quest 12 to be an awesome game whether or not it sticks to its roots as a traditional turn based JRPG.

A good way through my replay of Dragon Quest XI S and I was right about this being one of the best JRPGs of the 9th generation. Arguably it is my favorite JRPG ever, probably really only contending with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It's easily the best Dragon Quest game I've ever played.

God, I fucking love Dragon Quest so much.

Modron

Arcane
Eagerly awaiting for them to walk back their DQ 12 combat design back to traditional phase based wizardry rounds.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
AfRaSC5.png

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Jade in DQ XI has a move called "Puff Puff", does that imply that she's being motorboated by various fantasy monsters?
https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Puff-Puff
Apparently this is a recurring gag throughout the whole series. I thought that puff-puff was just the Japanese term for motorboating, but according to this wiki article, the term originated in Dragon Ball and so its appearances in DQ are direct references to DB. Amusingly, male Gadabouts/Goof-offs/Jesters can do puff-puffs to enemies too, although its affects are different.

Derringer

Prophet
I don't recall that.
It's a fan translation. If you say "yes" to this chick, you get a "puff-puff".
T9eLQ4N.png

I doubt this sort of sexual content made it over to the official localizations.

The thots cheated on the "puff puff" in DQ XI, not gonna spoil too much, but they used 2 slimes on a blindfolded man.
That's what they've done since Dragon Quest turned 3D. It's just a motorboat joke from Dragon Ball.

lightbane

Arcane
Akshually, that's not Bulma, but rather Oolong, a pervert pig that shapeshifted into Bulma to trick the Turtle Sage, but he got too much into it.

lightbane

Arcane
He considers himself fully hetero, but in that chapter he did some suspicious things. Either way that never got addressed ever again so it doesn't matter. It was played for laughs.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Do you think this cheat works with IOS?

Also, I can't find the old link to the sandbox DW1-4 online mmo game. Fuck! I know it existed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
i swore there was a DQ1-4 or 1-2 online mmo sandbox but it may have just been this which is now a pay game on steam:

manifest

Educated
i swore there was a DQ1-4 or 1-2 online mmo sandbox
DQX is an MMO, Builders is some sort of sandbox Minecraft-type game "set in Alefgard, the world of the original Dragon Quest." Maybe you combined them in your head? Mystifyingly, only Builders 2 has multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom