Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I stand behind every single one of those posts you shit slurping npc.
It is not to seethe to call out shit practices and shit design, seething is taking the work to copypaste every negative post in a subforum in the hopes of making me upset. You are a cretin.

What took you 11 years, took me 3 mins. I'll keep having fun, you keep seething. Here is to the next 11 years, fag.

:excellent:

ADL

Prophet
So you're the kind of retard who thinks that you should need a full party to do dailies, gotcha. I wonder why you're here instead of playing a game like that.
And it seems you're the kind of retard that belongs in a visual novel containment thread if you think sitting for 90 seconds in front of a bear while it's attacking you completely naked is acceptable because it appears you don't like playing video games. What's the point of a game without fail states? Even in Skyrim on the lowest difficulty, it would take a fraction of the time to die.

This isn't a CP3600 character with BiS gear. This is a level 3 character with absolutely nothing equipped and no stats allocated. At that point, why not give everyone noclip and godmode?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
This isn't a CP3600 character with BiS gear. This is a level 3 character with absolutely nothing equipped and no stats allocated. At that point, why not give everyone noclip and godmode?

Wait... you think it stays like that useless video the entire game??? LOL!!! You fucking degenerate furries are a real hoot, you know that? No wonder you guys have to go to the animal shelters when you need a date. You don't think they cushion the low levels so new players don't lose interest? That never occured to you? You are aware this is also a console game, right? You don't think an MMO can have content get more difficult as the player gets settled into the game? Hell dude, this genre of game hasn't been getting your ass kicked by a snake outside Qeynos for a long, long, time.

Log in and check for yourself. Play some mid-level character, go to Wrothgar, stand in front of an Ogre. Or a bear, since you are a bear fucking expert in more ways than one. Oh, did you never make it past level 3?

Myobi

Liturgist
if you think sitting for 90 seconds in front of a bear while it's attacking you completely naked is acceptable because it appears you don't like playing video games
Says the fucking guy who finds it more than acceptable to buy every progression element in a video game by throwing ridiculous amounts of cash at it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I play ESO once in a while. It's installed in my hard drive. I like the environements. The game play involves following a quest marker and clicking fast on the dialog options. Sometimes an enemy attacks you and I just repeatedly hit the 1 number key which has my main attack. I repeat that when another enemy comes in. Nothing difficult ever happens. It is refreshing.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I've been playing on and off since beta and my character is at 690 champion points (all before the rework where they made CP super easy to get, I of course dropped this dogshit game years ago during the Elsweyr chapter). One Tamriel has resulted in the game's death by a thousand cuts. I say that as someone that typically doesn't mind scaling but their level scaling mechanic is so hilariously broken that I'm posting about it. Now, they've embraced ten years of power creep to such a degree that you'll kill the "big bad" you've been chasing for 20 hours during a chapter's main story quest before they can get through their dialog while leveling and after leveling, all questing content is completely trivialized by being able to one-shot everything uninstanced aside from a handful of world bosses.

No wonder everyone sucks shit in dungeons and trials and can't even clear arenas on normal difficulty. The entire leveling experience didn't teach them any of the mechanics.
if you think sitting for 90 seconds in front of a bear while it's attacking you completely naked is acceptable because it appears you don't like playing video games
Says the fucking guy who finds it more than acceptable to buy every progression element in a video game by throwing ridiculous amounts of cash at it.
Says the fucking guy who is a FFXIV-loving shiteater. I'll give you the same advice that I gave someone else ITT, fuck off back to your visual novel's containment thread if you dislike video games with actual gameplay so much.

Also funny you bring up monetizing progression skips, like my mother always told me, cunts in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/category/7/2
https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/product/804

Myobi

Liturgist
Says the fucking guy who is a FFXIV-loving shiteater.
Roflmao, meanwhile the "FFXIV-loving shiteater" in the FFXIV thread:

Lol, stop getting triggered every time says anything slightly negative about Waifu Fantasy 14 you fucking furry :D
I swear, every time I pass by this thread the local fangirl here is triggered because someone was slightly critical about the damned thing, pathetic.

You were far more likable when you deleted your fucking account, you should had kept it that way.

You fucking retard, not everyone attempts to compensate their lack of personality and common sense with corporate fanaticism like you do. I have no problem or whatsoever of being critical or accepting others criticism about it, especially when it comes to slapping a retarded ass cash shop on top of a monthly fee, even if its mostly cosmetics.

...so spare me from your “glass houses” sermon, as clearly I'm not the one actively shilling and advertising for a video game company selling $50,0000 packs with all the content available, and the one that doesn't even exist yet, while attempting to shit on others for selling cosmetics and expansion skips for $20.

But its others who are "retards" that "don't like playing video games" because they find "acceptable" tanking a shitty ass bear naked for 90sec... you dumb fuck.

Last edited:

El Presidente

Arcane
Now that I'm done with Hollow Knight I might start on ESO Soon™. A few questions:
- Is this game "single-character account friendly", as in, is it okay to only have 1 character and no alts? Asking this cause I know there are a few MMOs where it's pretty much strongly recommended to have alts for a varied number of reasons, be it to fully enjoy the game or to leave each on specific farming nodes, or for different crafting professions, or each one ready to go for dailies, etc, and that depending on the game having more than one for such activities would multiply tenfold the speed in which you could, for example, craft legendaries or what have you. Is this the case for ESO? Usually I don't like alts as they tend to make me lose focus too much and fuck up my progress on the game. I'd much rather have just 1 character if possible.

- Following up the first point, any suggestions for a fun class that fits well the idea of having just 1 character? As in, a class that can do as much different stuff as possible. I used to play Pally in WoW (which has access to all 3 roles) and a Revenant in GW2 (super jack of all trades as well) for reference, though that doesn't really mean I'm plate armor guy only, I really love playing mages and other types of characters too whenever I have the chance. I don't really like summoners/minion masters tho.

- Any "permanent fuckups" I should be aware of? Is there such thing as permanently fucking up your build/character or something like that in this game, that I should prepare for in advance?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Is this game "single-character account friendly", as in, is it okay to only have 1 character and no alts? Asking this cause I know there are a few MMOs where it's pretty much strongly recommended to have alts for a varied number of reasons, be it to fully enjoy the game or to leave each on specific farming nodes, or for different crafting professions, or each one ready to go for dailies, etc, and that depending on the game having more than one for such activities would multiply tenfold the speed in which you could, for example, craft legendaries or what have you. Is this the case for ESO? Usually I don't like alts as they tend to make me lose focus too much and fuck up my progress on the game. I'd much rather have just 1 character if possible.

You can level up all professions on one character. The advantage to having alts in that regard would be access to the 6 daily crafting quests that can reward items that are useful. Nothing to concern yourself with at this point. As for classes, in ESO they are seperate. For example, if you make a Templar, you will always be a Templar.

- Following up the first point, any suggestions for a fun class that fits well the idea of having just 1 character? As in, a class that can do as much different stuff as possible. I used to play Pally in WoW (which has access to all 3 roles) and a Revenant in GW2 (super jack of all trades as well) for reference, though that doesn't really mean I'm plate armor guy only, I really love playing mages and other types of characters too whenever I have the chance. I don't really like summoners/minion masters tho.

A magika Templar fits that description. The build in this guide will work nicely. All classes can solo, some better than others. The magicka Templar has a bit of everything though. This is a DPS class guide. The question of who makes the best solo class is a contested issue, as is par for the course with MMO's. I will stick with the Templar as my own person favourite. I can talk about any class with confidence, sans the Arcanist. I just don't have enough experience with that one yet.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-beginner-guide/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-solo-magicka-templar-build-pve/

Any "permanent fuckups" I should be aware of? Is there such thing as permanently fucking up your build/character or something like that in this game, that I should prepare for in advance?

You can reset any fuckups. Try not to learn everything at once. It's a very big game. It is full of lore and quests and many zones to explore. Here is another link if you are interested in the chronological order of content.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...p-guide-to-playing-eso-in-chronological-order

Latelistener

Arcane
B2P game they said.

First buy a pack with all expansions.

Don't forget to buy a new expansion next year, which is priced same as the whole pack you bought last year.

Then buy an assortment of story DLCs exclusive to their Crown Store, like Orsinium and Dark Brotherhood.

Then, you probably need a larger inventory... so buy our ESO+ subscription.

By the way, one month of that subscription costs same as the whole pack (game + all expansions) on a discount.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Gerrard

Arcane
What else can you expect from Zionmax? This game has some of the most Jewish monetizations on the market.
You either buy one collection edition every few years on sale and get multiple chapters at once, or you pay for ESO+ without buying any expansions and just deal with being a year behind, those are the only sane options.

Dr1f7

Scholar
B2P game they said.

First buy a pack with all expansions.

Don't forget to buy a new expansion next year, which is priced same as the whole pack you bought last year.

Then buy an assortment of story DLCs exclusive to their Crown Store, like Orsinium and Dark Brotherhood.

Then, you probably need a larger inventory... so buy our ESO+ subscription.

By the way, one month of that subscription costs same as the whole pack (game + all expansions) on a discount.

:nocountryforshitposters:
more like
buy the game
realize it has literally the worst combat in any mmo ever made and it's not even close
refund

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Log into the game twice during March to get the Orsinium DLC. Part of the 10th year anniversary celebration.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65645

DISCOVER WROTHGAR FOR FREE​

The Elder Scrolls Online’s 10th Anniversary Celebration is right around the corner, but we’re kicking the party off early by giving away the Orsinium DLC FREE as part of March 2024’s upcoming Daily Login Rewards.

The Orsinium DLC is a long-time favorite of the #ESOFam and developers alike, and now anybody who logs into the game twice during the month of March can claim it for free.

Join us in exploring Orsinium, the long-abandoned capital city of the Orcs, and embark on an epic story where you must assist King Kurog in uniting the clans under a single banner. The Orsinium DLC gives you access to the Wrothgar zone (filled with quests, world bosses, public dungeons, delves, and more) and storyline in addition to the (in)famous Maelstrom Arena, and again, it’s all completely free!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The new DLC will include spellmaking.

Only one question. Will this finally fix necromancy? Which is imo the second worst in a game losing only to inquisition? I'm very curious but din't find much info about it.

Gerrard

Arcane
You can get the Thieves Guild DLC for free starting tomorrow

The Thieves Guild Anniversary Spotlight is part of the ongoing 10-Year Anniversary Celebration and begins this Monday, April 15, and continues until Monday, April 29, 2024. If you’re the kind of adventurer who enjoys operating on the wrong side of the law, you'll enjoy additional rewards and goods by playing the outlaw during this time.

To begin, should you earn (or have already earned) the “Pocket Picker” in-game achievement, you can claim the entire Thieves Guild DLC for free from the in-game Crown Store. Earning the Pocket Picker achievement is as easy as taking a sweetroll from a baby—simply pick the pocket of any citizen of Tamriel. If you’re already an adept footpad, you might have not only Pocket Picker, but other achievements progressing from it that change the name in the in-game Achievements menu. Not to worry—should you have moved on to earn “Purse Snatcher” or “Sneak Thief Extraordinaire,” you can claim the Thieves Guild DLC all the same.

ADL

Prophet
Out of all the DLCs prior to them doing chapters, Orsinium is actually worth the price. Crowns regularly go 20-40% off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom