Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This will bomb. But there will still be TES VI and VII and VIII and etc. and they will all sell millions of copies.

Definitely the most likely scenario.

Its really frustrating though... not like I really like TES or anything but a TES game in MMO format just seems to contradict the entire point..

Why do you care?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't get why Skyrim fanboys are whining since that game is just like playing crappy single player content of an average grindy mmo so whats their porblem with eso?

you can't mod MMOs

Exar Kun

Scholar
This will bomb. But there will still be TES VI and VII and VIII and etc. and they will all sell millions of copies.

Definitely the most likely scenario.

Its really frustrating though... not like I really like TES or anything but a TES game in MMO format just seems to contradict the entire point..

Why do you care?

Its less of a frustrating frustrating and more of a WTF frustrating.

You just know some suit said "Hey, the kids these days are really loving skyrim! that has elves and shit so why not make it an MMO like world of warcraft! But don't get the guys at Bethesda to do it, that that would take development time away from their next diarrhea dump of an RPG....

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If some company actually implemented modding in an MMO, that would be utterly brilliant (within reason). The Star Trek MMO (IIRC) allows users to make new content, but not full modding as it were.

Why has no one thought about this? Second Life kinda did that....

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well as Jaesun said Second Life did it. Is there actually anything you can't mod in that game? I've seen pretty creative stuff peaking up from the endless amounts of stuff that compete on "how depraved can I go?" level.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DUUUUUUUUUUR wear r my spearz bethesduh duuuuur gonna farm shitz n get epic gearz Fuck off.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Never got that bitching about spears - they all sucked anyway. Swords and axes (and no, axes aren't fucking 'blunt', Todd), now there's some manly weapons! :rpgcodex:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
There's that I suppose. Plus it was always good to see enemies wielding spears - you knew you'd be in for an easy fight.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
There's that I suppose. Plus it was always good to see enemies wielding spears - you knew you'd be in for an easy fight.

Enemies with magic were far easier.

Now werewolves on the hardest difficulty... god damn.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah you can thank the slow magic projectiles and AI's piss-poor aiming for that. I should try playing through the Bloodmoon stuff with a lowbie character for once; every time I've reached Solstheim I'm already a demigod from playing through MW/TB content.

kjetil4455

Barely Literate
Will probably suck even more than skyrim. I loved morrowind, but oblivion was lesser and skyrim just sucked.

Sul

Savant
How the hell you play the game if you're trapped in Couldharbour, Soul Cairn or Dreamsleeve?

Kahlis

Cipher
You know in a way doesn't he kind of look like some interdimensional evil counterpart to Ken Rolston? Similar age/facial structure, but nefarious hair and an anachronistic moustache.

screenshot2013050919423.png

Grimlorn

Arcane
Bethesda can't even create a good combat system with their single player RPGs. How are they going to create a good system for their MMO? Probably by just copying WOW's. So this is likely going to be another WOW clone that doesn't do anything different and fails after 6 months.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Bethesda can't even create a good combat system with their single player RPGs. How are they going to create a good system for their MMO? Probably by just copying WOW's. So this is likely going to be another WOW clone that doesn't do anything different and fails after 6 months.
Dunno. It has a built in user base. It just needs to launch as F2P.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom