Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Checked comments on yt out of curiosity and turns out even popamolers are unimpressed.

BTW:
hHsbeMf.jpg

:what:

Erzherzog

Magister
Never seen the codex so unanimous. So how bad is it? Worse than ToR? Worse than that Final Fantasy MMO they had to reboot?

Caim

Arcane
This will never be rebooted because that would mean someone has to take the blame, something that western developers will never do as opposed to the eastern ones who commited honorable sudoku upon admitting their mistakes.

Worse than TOR? From what I can tell, TESO is more bland than bad compared to TOR.

Stabwound

Arcane
Can't someone just break the NDA and post some info? Unless you used the same name here and in the beta it's not like anyone is ever going to know it's you.

Data4

Arcane
The one thing I thought was at least amusing was the nutter you have to talk to in Coldharbour. He's wearing a pot on his head as a hat.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks like complete shit compared with Black Desert online, which is currently on beta in Kwarea.

Data4

Arcane
The one thing I thought was at least amusing was the nutter you have to talk to in Coldharbour. He's wearing a pot on his head as a hat.

OH! HE THOUGHT THAT WAS AMUSING! I WONDER IF HE KNOWS THAT YOU COULD PUT POTS ON PEOPLE'S HEADS IN SKYRIM AND THAT WE HAVE AN EMOTE HERE ON THE CODEX OF PETE HINES WEARING A POT TO MAKE FUN OF THAT. HMM I THINK I WILL POST IT TO SHOW HIM!
:balance:

THERE WE GO!

Yeah, something like that.

Borelli

Arcane
I'll third that. It's basically MMO Skyrim. If I want Skyrim, I'll play it. It's executed better anyway. I got through the Coldharbour part and was deposited in some Inn somewhere. At that point, I closed the game and have had zero desire to open it again to find out what's next.

It would have been better if the whole opening bit was instanced to you. Maybe it was because of it being a beta weekend and everyone and their brother was checking the game out, but I hate having a crowd of people all moving along with me damned near in sync as I rescued the Prophet, went through the anchor, and woke up after being found passed out on a beach somewhere. "So, yeah, I rescued you and all your 50 buddies there passed out. Go see Rana (or whatever her name is). I'm sure you're the chosen one or something. So's that guy. And that one there.... Oh and that one... Him too... Yeah...."
They went full retard "you're the chosen one" in a mmo?:lol:
Imagine that in a Morrowind MMO.
"hey you, yes you, you are the chosen one, you over there? chosen one too, the guy behing you? also a chosen one, now shut up and go pick up the Moon-and-Star ring":troll:

Iran should divert all funding away from its nuclear program, allowing billions to go towards creating the greatest MMO of all time. Would be way more effective both as a deterrent and as an offensive weapon:

- US prepares to bomb Iran - public outcry of 'noooooo the SEEERRRRVVEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!' forcing the US government to back down or face a domestic revolution.
- Iran wants to launch a strike on a US resource area: 'new raid dungeon guys, but you've got to grind rep first. You get a +100 bonus to rep for every molotov you throw.' :D

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Yeah, something like that.

More like, meanwhile at Bethesda HQ: "OMG GUISE ON 11/11/11/11/111111 PEOPLE ON YOOTOOB WURR MAKING VIDEOS OF FUSRODAH AND ARROW IN DA KNEE AND POTS ON HEADS LOL WERE SO POPULAR AND MAINSTREAM WE SHOULD MAKE A SUBTLE REFERENCE TO THIS COMEDIC GOLD!"

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This will never be rebooted because that would mean someone has to take the blame, something that western developers will never do as opposed to the eastern ones who commited honorable sudoku upon admitting their mistakes.

Worse than TOR? From what I can tell, TESO is more bland than bad compared to TOR.

Blander than TOR? I shiver in disgust at the mere thought.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
''A forbidden city for nearly fifty years, Alinor is both capital of the Summerset Isles and the heart of the Aldmeri Dominion. Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

ElderScrollsMMO-600x250.jpg
500px-Summerset_Town.png

Nael

Arcane
Whats the current bets on how long it will take to go Free to play ?

If I was a betting man I would put a line on one month because it is entirely possible that if word gets out how truly awful the game is they will have a very disappointing opening with a game like this that they are trying to get $60+$15/month for. Bethesda apologists are legion obviously but I would still be surprised if anyone actually enjoys this steaming pile of shit barring the most absolutely pathetic basement dwellers in the world.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Character Progression: Be Who You Want to Be!

I want to be a dragon of course :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom