Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
What's wrong with professional actors?

Don't you mean celebrity?
I was going to say celebrity, but I don't think anyone from SWTOR really counts. Aside from gamers - and only a small portion thereof - no one knows who any of them are.

Stokowski

Arcane
I read that as meaning "big-budget fuck-nuts who aren't going to do as good a job as lesser-known, full-time professional VAs".

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Maybe they should've spent more money on actually making the game fun than burning it on the one thing players give the least fucks about in an MMORPG.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Bah, those development guys already have too much money as it is! Better invest this into another expensive cinematic. I mean, what could possibly go wrong, right?

PtkpxWe.jpg

Avellion

Erudite
Bah, those development guys already have too much money as it is! Better invest this into another expensive cinematic. I mean, what could possibly go wrong, right?

PtkpxWe.jpg
I wonder if the devs even try anymore. Screw polishing up the gameplay, how about blowing up more money on trailers that tell us absolutely nothing outside of the fact of how generic and bland it will be, how much the devs know about/respect the lore and how much they care about spending their budget in the right place seeing as they clearly prioritize this waste of time over making the game not an unplayable mess. Then again we knew these already so I guess my point still stands.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

It already looks like the most expensive MMO/game ever made. Don't be surprised if they throw another twenty mil on the marketing pile.

hiver

So, zombies huh?

@RPS

-

They release this to mark the announcement of an Imperial Edition of the forthcoming MMO, a “premium collector’s edition”, or as I like to call them, The Expensive Ones For Mad People. Except, bloody hell, this game’s going to be expensive for everyone.

Because, blink, the standard version is a touch pricey. £50? For a genre that’s now primarily free? Cor. So that’s like a decade of subscription, right? Nope, that’s 30 days. Before a further £9/€13/$15 (€13 is of course currently worth $17.70 and £10.70, so fuck you, Europe!) monthly tithe. This game costs more than the broadband connection and monthly ISP fee you’ll need to play it.

Fork out £70 for the Imperial Edition, and what do you get other than the same game as everyone else? A whopping 30 days subscription! Indeed, no more access to the game, but rather trinkets. You get to be an Imperial in the game, with an Imperial horse, Imperial gear and a “Mudcrab vanity pet”.

The only useful thing in there, unless you particularly want to be playing as an Imperial of course, is the Rings Of Mara – this is a quest for you and a chum to complete, that then gives you experience bonuses when you play together.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, zombies huh?

@RPS

-

They release this to mark the announcement of an Imperial Edition of the forthcoming MMO, a “premium collector’s edition”, or as I like to call them, The Expensive Ones For Mad People. Except, bloody hell, this game’s going to be expensive for everyone.

Because, blink, the standard version is a touch pricey. £50? For a genre that’s now primarily free? Cor. So that’s like a decade of subscription, right? Nope, that’s 30 days. Before a further £9/€13/$15 (€13 is of course currently worth $17.70 and £10.70, so fuck you, Europe!) monthly tithe. This game costs more than the broadband connection and monthly ISP fee you’ll need to play it.

Fork out £70 for the Imperial Edition, and what do you get other than the same game as everyone else? A whopping 30 days subscription! Indeed, no more access to the game, but rather trinkets. You get to be an Imperial in the game, with an Imperial horse, Imperial gear and a “Mudcrab vanity pet”.

The only useful thing in there, unless you particularly want to be playing as an Imperial of course, is the Rings Of Mara – this is a quest for you and a chum to complete, that then gives you experience bonuses when you play together.
No Horse Armor?

Caim

Arcane
So will this enter f2p in less or more time than swtor? Discuss.
Difficult. I can imagine this game attracting a larger fanbase from the franchise, but I am quite certain they will quickly discover it is not the same and leave in droves.

Of course this would also mean more appologists and stupid people playing it insisting it's good, but I am not sure if those will be numerous enough to keep the game afloat.

Disgruntled

Savant
Trying to enjoy that cinematic without thinking about its connection to TESO.
Why not just make a hollywood movie with that budget? given a decent backstory a full length feature would make a good popcorn flick.

The silver lining with this catastrophic attempt at an mmo is the possibility of Zenimax going bankrupt. Perhaps taking Bethesda with them.
And with a few years passing .. a kickstarter Morrowind 2.0 emerging from the ashes.

wtf. this cinematic has no vibe of elder scroll games. if i did not see a title i would never gues it is in tamriel. fucking bethesda fucking zenimax.

i would give them 3-4 months before they go f2p with that ridiculous prices (abo in 2014 good one:lol: ) but it is probably the only mmo on new generation consoles so it might survive a bit longer

Avellion

Erudite
So, zombies huh?

@RPS

-

And that is only the start of it all, did you see the pre-order bonus?

The Pre-Order bonus being that you can create any race for any of the 3 factions. Turns out Zenimax Online not only disrpescts TES lore as a whole, but apperantly they disrespect their own lore too.

exe

Augur
What was that supposed to be? A super Oblivion Gate? Spewing out a troll and goblins?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/0...ine-releases-cinematic-trailer-leaks-ce-info/

"However, this CE is also the only way players can unlock playing an Imperial in any alliance."

Welcome to the new era of day 1 DLC. Take out a race playable in all previous entries in the franchise and make them CE exclusive.

Why is a TES elf hot all of a sudden?

Morrowind was to alien for kwan constortard audience and so ''elves'' must be made more accessible and f..able for WoW fans; all this to earn more Jewgold of course; ZionMax, ZionMax never changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom