Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Competitive PVE is a thing now?
:lol:
Enjoy your exploiters and butthurt casuals, dumbfucks.

RK47

Patron
"casual gamers" should either stick to casual content or grow a pair.

If the majority of your players are non-casuals there wouldn't be a problem with a developer adopting that stance for their content, but the whole massively multiplayer implies the inclusion of casual people who just wants to have fun with minimal effort - something that clashes with the 'Elite Achiever' crowd. I'm not labeling you as one of them, but the issues comes about when having 5 people isn't enough. It had to be 5 people with specific roles that they are competent at, and they have to be geared at certain thresholds in order to clear that hurdle. And hopefully they play at the same hours as you do.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It had to be 5 people with specific roles that they are competent at

This, at least, is not a big issue in TESO, since the best healing weapon is also the best dps weapon and healing is very simple (the best spells are stacking hots that auto-target the weakest ally). To complete a trial, you really just need 11 Sorcs/Dragonknights, and one competent tank who can be any class.

The meta for the endgame is settling into a ratio of 45% Sorc, 45% DK, 5% Nightblade, 5% Templar. This is problematic since a third of the player base is Nightblades.

RK47

Patron
Yeah that's good to hear but it's still not going to make it a compelling argument for people to stay subbed when that is the only endgame content and it's already beaten to death.
I'm just amazed they launched without basic considerations of these 'endgame needs'
This game is sinking past its one month honeymoon cruise. That's just way too fast.

RK47

Patron
Wanna join me in the Old Republic, Crisp? I hear it kills WoW.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This game is sinking past its one month honeymoon cruise. That's just way too fast.

The patch notes for last week's megapatch have 120k views, and that's the only official way to read them. Even assuming that lots of hardcore players are reading the notes on their guild forums, I doubt that the game could have more than 400k active players right now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So when it goes on sale for $10 is it worth playing for a month as a single player experience?

RK47

Patron
So when it goes on sale for $10 is it worth playing for a month as a single player experience?

If you really think of it more as a Single Player game, TOR is probably more up your alley.
Not saying I'm not disinterested in trying as well.

Mortmal

Arcane
Competitive PVE is a thing now?
:lol:
Enjoy your exploiters and butthurt casuals, dumbfucks.

There's so few endgame content they had to do something i guess to keep people interested, wait no , theres no other end game content at all... PVP doesnt count it doesnt brings any rewards at all.
Oh yes you can be emperor wich is as much prestigious and hard to do than being president in idocracy

black-president-idiocracy.jpg

RK47

Patron
This seems to crash faster than Warhammer Online.

Mortmal

Arcane
Theres no real gameplay innovation and eso while ok for a month doesnt bring anything new on the table, so no surprises it will sink even faster than warhammer online .I think i would only pay for sandbox MMO now, something closer than eve , whatever the setting.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This is going to be dead in another month. Their MMO was nothing special to start with, but they're clearly incompetent as fuck.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is going to be dead in another month. Their MMO was nothing special to start with, but they're clearly incompetent as fuck.
Exactly. Sure, you can look at an MMO and note it's just a WoW clone or does nothing special and it'll putter on for half a year or so. With TESO, however, you could see the moronic and lazy design decisions right up front. Game was made to appeal to people who wanted co-op Skyrim. Almost no thought was put into how to make it a viable MMO.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Most population measurements are very unreliable; that said, the PvP zones give rough numbers for each faction, and this week's peak on the EU megaserver was ~3,200 people total in the PvP zones. That's still a fairly good number, although a lot of people are just PvE grinding there.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
I really like the game, but the balance, exploits and bugs started to ruin my experience. And they were pushing the new buggy content instead of fixing base class skills/feats not working as intended (Nightblade is my main). Unsubbed, will wait a few months until developers will straight their shit together or it goes F2P.
It's really sad that hundreds of people put so much money and effort into the game for a few years and after that they fail because of bugs. Lots of cool ideas, but ruined by implementation...
If you put bugs aside, I still consider ESO a good game I had fun playing. But I don't want pay more for beta-level quality, ffs!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yesterday they put up a hotfix for the 1+ hour rollbacks that were introduced with last week's content patch. Today people are reporting 2+ hour rollbacks.

Angthoron

Arcane
Are they being like "We already got our money from the boxes, fuck off so we can close the servers"?

RK47

Patron
Hehe here's a good one. So they put in a hotfix to undo the bug where all mobs were 100% stronger than they were supposed to be right? People go out and try again and still get annihilated if they are solo. Turns out the fix doesn't affect any of the mobs that have already spawned. You have to kill them first (which you can't do solo) and then only after they respawn will it be fixed. So the whole weekend if you were trying to quest you might meet mobs that were normal because a group killed them but then if you go off the beaten path you will meet mobs that are still buffed and die.

Can't they just ... reboot the servers....

Shutting them down would probably be a better idea at this point.

It's a new game and there are still places where your character can get stuck in the geometry right? So you have to use the /stuck command to kill yourself and go back to the nearest safe area.

Using /stuck now costs gold
emot-awesome.gif
. If you get stuck in the geometry you have to pay for the privilege of killing yourself. Theory is the hordes of bots that the game is plagued with in low level zones (because they didn't bother to put in any systems to combat them) was using /stuck to bot faster.

you have to pay for the privilege of killing yourself.

:lol: I hope they never shut down the servers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom