Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Caim

Arcane
How does Labyrinthian look in TESO? It's the only dungeon that is present in three TES games (I think).
If it has :decline: at the same angle as the rest of the series, Labyrinthian is less of a labyrinth and more like a a very bendy hallway.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Billing for the next month ran. People who didn't resubscribe weren't instantly culled from guild lists, we'll see what happens.

:hmmm:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Francis nails it to:

"The elder scrolls. Skyrim, not everybody loved Skyrim, but Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall- innovation, beauty, perfection."

Oblivion? Innovation, beauty, perfection? And he rates it higher than Skyrim? :lol:

Otherwise, I can't say I disagree with the video. I still think their activation procedure is the shittiest ever too. You have to link a credit card so that they can deduct and refund money before you can activate your free 30 days. Scummiest thing they could have pulled. People who don't have credit cards and who were going to buy time cards would have to go out and spend $30 on a timecard, before they could get access to their free game time.

Support helped people get around this, but that doesn't change the fact that ZOS implemented this scummy system in the first place. Likely because they knew many people wouldn't return after the first month and they were banking on people buying timecards to get past it or forgetting to cancel their subscription after the first free month.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I see they sent out a survey asking why I didn't renew my sub last week.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
are subs dropping yet?

There hasn't been any data on subscribers or on sold copies yet. The first content patch has been delayed by over a month so far, which probably hasn't helped. On the other hand, there are tens of thousands of flying bots roaming the low- to midgame zones right now, and botters also pay subscription fees...

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
are subs dropping yet?

There hasn't been any data on subscribers or on sold copies yet. The first content patch has been delayed by over a month so far, which probably hasn't helped. On the other hand, there are tens of thousands of flying bots roaming the low- to midgame zones right now, and botters also pay subscription fees...

Finally, good news :love:

RK47

Patron
There's no saving this.

The whole TESO developer company simply lacks the ability to learn/copy anything good from WoW.
If you can't even meet WoW level of standards in terms of features (auction house lol) and instancing (lol people hogging quest NPC kills)- forget it.
People left WoW because they want something better - not because they're willing to tolerate promises that it will surpass something they've played for 5 years.

Mortmal

Arcane
are subs dropping yet?

I have several friends playing this and they are all going to leave after this month.(some of them already did afaik) They had high hopes for TESO (LoL)

Many will , you can talk about it on any guildchat and nobody is jumping at your throat anymore.People were thinking trying wildstar instead. I expected the content update this month, there's nothing at all, big annoucement about raids and a justice system but so far nothing . Its realy hard to find a reason to pay a subscription when gw2 dont have one , content gets boring specially in veteran level.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
As I said, this will go F2P in the next 6 months. It's not the worst MMO I've ever played, but there's no reason to pay to play this when you can get a similar (and often superior) experience elsewhere, sometimes even for free.

Does anyone know, has the European server actually been moved to Europe yet?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The going theory is that the severs will be moved to coincide with the console launch around Christmas.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's a rumor going around that ESO will never be released on consoles. What's especially funny is how many hundreds of millions of dollars ESO has cost Zenimax in brand recognition. Even funnier still is how many millions of fans warned those fuckers that this would happen.

:hearnoevil:

:dance:

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
There's a rumor going around that ESO will never be released on consoles. What's especially funny is how many hundreds of millions of dollars ESO has cost Zenimax in brand recognition. Even funnier still is how many millions of fans warned those fuckers that this would happen.

Hm, this is based on what, though? I thought they accidentally leaked, then officially announced a console ESO now. If they charge money for preorders for vaporware, that's going to bite them in the ass way too harshly.

My suspicion is that it will go to consoles. That's going to be even more lulzy, in fact, since the crash and burn wreckage is going to be all the more massive.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The going theory is that the severs will be moved to coincide with the console launch around Christmas.

In other words, not enough people resubbed and they can't afford to move it.

Originally it was going to be moved SOON™ after release.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Hm, this is based on what, though? I thought they accidentally leaked, then officially announced a console ESO now. If they charge money for preorders for vaporware, that's going to bite them in the ass way too harshly.

My suspicion is that it will go to consoles. That's going to be even more lulzy, in fact, since the crash and burn wreckage is going to be all the more massive.
I heard it on TWIMMO, and they no doubt heard it elsewear. Might be BS, but I kind of believe it.

Mortmal

Arcane

In other words, not enough people resubbed and they can't afford to move it.

Originally it was going to be moved SOON™ after release.

Its always soon with them, they could afford to throw voice over every single line of npc text in game, but the things that really matters like testing the gamre and getting decent latency , they cant afford .

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

The leak was that the console version would be delayed by six months. Originally it was a "true multiplatform game" that would launch on all platforms on 4/4, then the consoles were pushed back to 6/30 to allow for initial patching and polishing, then it got leaked that the game would be delayed by six months (logically, until Christmas) because of problems with Microsoft and Sony's networking code.

To make up for the delays, you can now start playing a character on the PC and import them to the consoles at launch for a one-time surcharge of twenty bucks. So the console version will have max level players running around on launch day bringing their inventories and bank accounts with them.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
In all seriousness who here is actually playing this?

(don't tell me if you paid for it or ill go all Allah Akbar on you)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
GAME are running a promotion for (physical) game time cards right now - 60 days for £10, 45% off. This either heralds a price slash for subscriptions, or they just printed too many game time cards.

RK47

Patron
GAME are running a promotion for (physical) game time cards right now - 60 days for £10, 45% off. This either heralds a price slash for subscriptions, or they just printed too many game time cards.
Majority's not subbed anymore. So they wanted to give 1 month off if you are willing to pretend you enjoy it for another 2 months. The console preorder & play on PC does push up box sales for suckers who are serious about playing it on console.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom