Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Because "everyone else does it" doesn't make it okay.
Not sure why you insist on reading arguments into my posts that I'm not making.

Direwolf

Arcane
80% (or more) of WoW dungeons consist of a couple of corridors. Probably 100% if you exclude vanilla.

Can you actually show any or like making shit up? WoW is a lot of things, but they sure as fuck put a lot more effort into their dungeons.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
For your edification:

Mzulft in Skyrim

AUSjlky.jpg

bwdyt1B.jpg

D9cQ1Cn.jpg

Mzulft in TESO

5D3FKZy.jpg

You can see that the TESO devs did their own spin on the ruin, with little to no copy/pasting involved.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Mzulft in Skyrim

In this case I'll take TESO design any day. Mzulft in Skyrim was one fucking long, dull corridor, one of the worst dungeon I have ever seen in any game (only some MM VI abominations gave me more trauma).

About that info about 70% repetitive dungeons, these Public dungeons are meant as fast run to the skyshard mini-boss fight. Things which every player visits once and forgets. So it's no that big tragedy but still ridiculus that for such an expensive game they did not payed $100 to the intern to make some alterations to the corridors...
Group dungeons, the real instanced dungeons are better, but for me they are still quite corrirorish. Nothing to be impressed, see below

File:ON-map-Elden_Hollow_2.jpg

File:ON-map-Wayrest_Sewers.jpg

File:ON-map-Crypt_of_Hearts.jpg

I agree that dungeons in MMOs declined really hard. I'm not a fan of 6 hours raids, but even dungeons designed in mind with less than hour run time can have some variety and more interesting design than curvy corridor, with bigger rooms from time to time and large boss room in the end...

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I see they gave me 5 days of free game time for all the unexpected server downtimes. Too bad I stopped playing more than a week ago already.

The dumbfucks should have just made a TES game set in Tamriel as a whole (...)
>implying that:
  • Altmers would be portrayed as eugenists up to eleven, fanatical about Sumurset, race purity and more than happy to kill anything with signs of imperfection.
  • there would be any hint that Bosmers are cannibalistis, insane motherfuckers that they truly are.
  • relations between khajiiti phenotype and lunar phases would be even implemented and not considered translation errors.
  • Argonians would be anything more than your noble savages of the day or even better, you wouldn't find Dwemer ruins in the Black Marsh because reference.
  • Redguards nobody gives a fuck.
  • Dunmer uberculture didn't become BAWfest after the Red Year and we will even see what's truly left of the Telvanni (as the whole fucking Telvanni Isles are left untouched). Also: it's 2014, no slavery allowed, right?
  • Molag Bal would be called Prince of Rape - he's the Prince of Non-consensual-Sexual-Relations.
I can go on and on, with so many implications, by the Three!

They should set the next game on Akavir. With saves import from Morrowind :smug:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
relations between khajiiti phenotype and lunar phases would be even implemented and not considered translation errors.

This has been addressed in TESO:

The Moon Cats And Their Dance
Attributed to Clan Mother Ahnissi

A hairless scholar came from his desert to ours and said, "I want to know the truth about the Khajiit."

And the Clan Mother said, "Only one? You are not very curious, hairless scholar."

The hairless scholar peered at the Clan Mother through little windows on his nose and said, "I want to know about your different breeds. Is it true that what phase of the moons you are born under determines your physical morphology?"

And the Clan Mother said, "Indeed, hairless scholar. I was born as Jode was waxing and Jone was new, so I am an Omhes-raht. My daughter here was born when Jode was waxing and Jone was full, so she is a Senche-raht. Thus we are nothing alike."

The scholar peered at mother and daughter and said, "You look very much the same to me."

And the Clan Mother said, "I have heard that those with round pupils have poor vision. It is a sadness."

The hairless scholar tapped his chin and said, "I want to know about your so-called Lunar Lattice. Is it true that the phases of the moons regulate every aspect of your lives?"

And the Clan Mother said, "Indeed, hairless scholar. Today is Suthay, when Jode is new and Jone is new, and we never stir the stew winter-shines."

The hairless scholar blinked and said, "You mean withershins, or retrograde? But that is exactly the way you’re stirring your soup."

And the Clan Mother said, "But only from above. Perhaps your eyes only let you see things from one direction? That is a sadness."

The hairless scholar adjusted his nose-windows and said, "All right. Fine. Tell me of the Two Moons Dance. Is it true you Khajiit dance at the midnight hour to the light of the moons?"

And the Clan Mother said, "Indeed not. We dance the Two Moons Dance in every hour. It is our delight."

The hairless scholar said, "You’re not dancing. You’re sitting by the fire. Tell me when you’re going to dance, so I can join you."

And the Clan Mother said, "My daughter and I dance to the moons at this moment, but you cannot join us, for you do not have a tail. It is a sadness."

The hairless scholar gnawed his knuckle and said, "Very well then. I hear that you have curious beliefs about the moons. Tell me of them."

And the Clan Mother said, "As you wish. When Lorkhaj made a place for Nirni’s children, the darkness in his heart made it also a prison. So his heart was cut out and buried deep in Nirni, and his body was hurled to the moons but could not pass them, for it did not know the First Secret. Thus is his body the Dead Moon in the Lunar Lattice. See it, just there?"

The hairless scholar peered at the sky and said, "I see no moons at all—Masser and Secunda are both new. What do you mean?"

And the Clan Mother said, "Hairless scholar, this one forgot again about your eyes." And she sighed, and her tail danced, and she shrugged. And she said, "It is a sadness."

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Joy to the world:

2SyDxWa.png

That page and the linked blog post have since been deleted; presumably someone jumped the gun before the press release was ready. Nonetheless, this is obviously very exciting news.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's official:

Read our update regarding ESO’s availability on next-gen consoles.

We know from the frequent questions we get that many of you are excited about playing ESO on the PS4 and Xbox One, and today we’d like to share an official update on the status of these releases. Read on for the latest information:

We've been grateful to our fans for the wonderful response to our recent launch of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC/Mac, but we know many of you are eagerly waiting to play the game on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process. It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.

We know that the news of an ESO console delay is as disappointing to many of you as it is to us. We want to do what we can to make it up to our fans who want to start playing now, so we have worked out the following arrangement with Sony and Microsoft:

Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and plays the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by the end of June will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.

Whether you decide to take advantage of this offer or not, we promise to do everything we can to get the game released on both consoles as quickly as we can. We will keep everyone updated with additional details regarding character transfers, specific offer dates, when you can expect console beta to start, and of course, when ESO on consoles will launch.

Thank you for your patience and loyal support.

This is why ZO is the best MMO company.

7/10

Learned
Both guys who were waiting for this must be really dissapointed right now.

Angthoron

Arcane
Man, this'll be great, especially once it hits F2P and get a massive invasion of console peasants with their voices filling the General chat through the amazing VOIP system.

This shit will be DA BOMB and all that.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
..Sounds retarded. Why would anyone play on PC (PAYING EXTRA $20 EVEN) then switch to console version?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Also for a seven month head start over the other console players.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
..Sounds retarded. Why would anyone play on PC (PAYING EXTRA $20 EVEN) then switch to console version?

Especially because you can't install addons on consoles.

That said, I doubt there will be anyone left playing this by the time the console version comes out anyway.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It'll be hilarious if they end up having to cancel the console versions, because the PC version didn't do as well as expected, because it was designed for consoles.

Xi

Arcane
Watched a friend play this for a bit. He eventually got a refund after about 8-10 total hours of play. He said "It's just a sequence of uninteresting quests, all the staples of the [hiking simulator] are not present." I was like, told you so...

Angry Joe pretty much nails it, though I disagree on interesting/unique character builds. There's no adversity in builds at all.

Francis nails it to:

This game will be free to play. No question about it. It's a travesty.

baturinsky

Arcane
How does Labyrinthian look in TESO? It's the only dungeon that is present in three TES games (I think).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom