Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

The dumbfucks should have just made a TES game set in Tamriel as a whole and it'd been a motherfucking hit... but nope! Gots to milk those mmo goldz, yo.

Fucking morons.

(Probably would've sucked anyway)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The dumbfucks should have just made a TES game set in Tamriel as a whole and it'd been a motherfucking hit... but nope! Gots to milk those mmo goldz, yo.

Fucking morons.

So basically Skyrim but all the areas, some spell and skill re-balancing, and online?

I bet it would have been ok/decent, but alas Zenimax and Bethesda are retarded.

Mortmal

Arcane

Fucking morons.

So basically Skyrim but all the areas, some spell and skill re-balancing, and online?

Man dont be so butthurt because this is the only elderscrolls game you cant torrent.

DragoFireheart

Fucking morons.

Man dont be so butthurt because this is the only elderscrolls game you cant torrent.

I don't torrent you cunt.

Mortmal

Arcane

Fucking morons.

Your custom tag should not say crazy bird but dumbfuck, you repat the fucking same things over and over, rarely posting anything of worth at all ever . Yeah we know you dont like bethesda and zenimax and they are retarded ,now go play some games seriously if theres still something you like.

DragoFireheart

Fucking morons.

Your custom tag should not say crazy bird but dumbfuck, you repat the fucking same things over and over, rarely posting anything of worth at all ever . Yeah we know you dont like bethesda and zenimax and they are retarded ,now go play some games seriously if theres still something you like.

Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 1
Demon's Souls
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Tom's Hardware review is out.

It's reasonably positive, but seems weirdly critical of many things that are actually RPG staples, like dungeon recycling:

8RxsWDX.jpg

Caim

Arcane
It's like they've never played an elderscrolls game before. Massive asset reuse is precisely why those games are the size that they are.
But to be fair, there's a difference between the reuse in Morrowind and what they did in TESO according to the pictures above.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
80% (or more) of WoW dungeons consist of a couple of corridors. Probably 100% if you exclude vanilla.

once in a while i get the urge to play morrowind again, but i don't because i hate moving through vivec, i can't find all the right mods i wanted and because i know i played it enough. like 4-5 times. more than enough.
but i want to go back to those lands nonetheless.
suddenly: "teso has vvardenfell!", so please keep giving arguments about how much this game sucks or i could waste my time with it.

Psquit

Arcane
I pay 5 bucks for wow and i got almost all the expansions plus a free month... was kinda fun but its gets tedious like most mmos

To be honest they should have put all this money to the new elder scrolls game rather than waste it into the next tortanic...

/v/ probably is probably jerking off saying something like "WE PREDICT THAT THIS GAME WAS GOING TO SUCK ASS LOLOL TORTANIC 2.0"

Drakron

Arcane
My point is why would that Tom's Hardware review complain about ESO dungeon design when all MMO's have shitty dungeon design.

Because we did the same thing with DA2 and we were right, plus there is a huge difference of map layout and a fucking copy/past ... in most MMO all dungeons are visual different and have diferent layouts, basic encounter is likely the same but its a MMO, its only when its boss encounters were some variety can be encountered.

Why are so so defensive Metro?
Are you a TESO fanboy?

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont know why they suddendly awake and realize in mmo dungeons are simple loops catering to the dumb masses, its like this since decades now and no "porfessionnal" reviewers ever complained about it. Today of course bahsing ESO must be the cool thing to do . Here's one of everquest dungeon (upper and lower Guk) , look how badly things declined :

http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/upperguk.html

upperguk.jpg

lguklive.jpg

lgukdead.jpg

Thats probably part of why i am less interested in modern MMO.

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meh ,these are not dungeons.Here are some group dungeon maps ,can't say they are copy pasta or that simple.In the end do you really want to waste 2 hours cleaning trash mobs?

ON-map-Fungal_Grotto.jpg

ON-map-Darkshade_Caverns.jpg

600px-ON-map-Arx_Corinium.jpg

ON-map-Direfrost_Keep_Veteran.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My point is why would that Tom's Hardware review complain about ESO dungeon design when all MMO's have shitty dungeon design.

Because we did the same thing with DA2 and we were right, plus there is a huge difference of map layout and a fucking copy/past ... in most MMO all dungeons are visual different and have diferent layouts, basic encounter is likely the same but its a MMO, its only when its boss encounters were some variety can be encountered.

Why are so so defensive Metro?
Are you a TESO fanboy?

I wasn't aware I was being defensive, simply wondering why that would be a complaint when most every MMO suffers from it.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Because "everyone else does it" doesn't make it okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom