Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The end of an Era - Duke Nukem Forever Went Gold!

racofer said:
How would you rate it against DA2?

Probably about as boring. I played even less of that one, because I never expected it to get good since I was bored by Origins too. I lasted longer in DNF hoping it would get fun at some point. But it's just depressingly inept at pretty much everything it tries to do. Whoever had power to decide it was suitable to release it in this stage is a pretty dangerous motherfucker.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Multidirectional said:
Jack said:
racofer said:
So... is it worth torrenting acquiring?
No, it's too tainted by the consoles and feels very unpolished. It's not worth it.

Tainted by consoles blah blah.. Except most console games, yes even new ones, are a lot more fun than DNF. This is shitty on way more levels than consolisation or lack of polish. Play only if you
want to find out how exactly awful it is.
It does indeed have more problems than that, but those are the ones that hurt the most for me. I don't doubt that console shooters can be much better than duke, but it seems to me that they copied some of the worst features of past console shooters such as the regenerating health, Bloody Screen, So Real! and a dozens of other things that really drags this game down.
The only good things about this game is stuff from Duke Nukem 3D, such as enemy design, weapons and such.
racofer said:
How would you rate it against DA2?
DA2 is worse, but only thanks to gay elves and repeated dungeons.
Rasputin said:
So, what is the real length of the game?
About five hours perhaps? Maybe even less.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sceptic said:
Lyric Suite said:
Why does Sceptic have something in his sig which i never said?
Because I lifted it as is when it was said and saved it for posterity and its time came in my rotation. Since search is borked and I want to allow for the possibility I made a mistake I'll leave it off for now until I can find it (depending on how long it takes google to update the search cache), with the understanding that if I do find it it will be reposted again for a much longer time and with a very unflattering addendum. Nobody can say I'm not fair.
I am a man of my word.

Hey, look what I just found after DU re-enabled search!

You suck Lyric Suite :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom