Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Entire History of RPG's

Shaki

Arbiter
First chapter: Origins and Definitions

Shows Skyrim, Twitcher 3, nu-Fallout, Cyberpunk... yeah.

Then longest part is 90s, while 00s is 'c for consoles', though I haven't watched it so idk what's the content but the chapter title already discouraged me.

Read the "RPG Book" instead.
And he ends the thing by gushing over BG3 and saying it saved the RPG genre. Clown video.

First chapter: Origins and Definitions

Shows Skyrim, Twitcher 3, nu-Fallout, Cyberpunk... yeah.

Then longest part is 90s, while 00s is 'c for consoles', though I haven't watched it so idk what's the content but the chapter title already discouraged me.

Read the "RPG Book" instead.
And he ends the thing by gushing over BG3 and saying it saved the RPG genre. Clown video.
where is the lie tho

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
The lie is in the fact that he doesn't say it saved RPGs. He says that it proved that you can make an RPG that doesn't try to be action game and still have a mainstream success(codexers stay too much in their bubble and just don't understand how large amount of normies have allergy to isometric view of all things). He ends the video with a statement that it's unknown whether it'll lead to a new trend or just be ignored by industry at large. A simple question illustrating this - DA4 was set in stone before BG3 was released, the game is in the making for a decade now so it's probably going to be inquisition 2, now with stamina bar, but do you think that there are execs in EA that are thinking of starting the development of a more "oldschool" DA game in the future? As I've said it's a kind of an illustration of what the future holds.

scytheavatar

Scholar
The lie is in the fact that he doesn't say it saved RPGs. He says that it proved that you can make an RPG that doesn't try to be action game and still have a mainstream success(codexers stay too much in their bubble and just don't understand how large amount of normies have allergy to isometric view of all things). He ends the video with a statement that it's unknown whether it'll lead to a new trend or just be ignored by industry at large. A simple question illustrating this - DA4 was set in stone before BG3 was released, the game is in the making for a decade now so it's probably going to be inquisition 2, now with stamina bar, but do you think that there are execs in EA that are thinking of starting the development of a more "oldschool" DA game in the future? As I've said it's a kind of an illustration of what the future holds.

If Dreadwolf is a success, then BioWare's decision to make Inquisitior 2 would be justified and it would be much more likely we will get Inquisitior 3 as our DA5 when it comes out. If Dreadwolf bombs then that would be the end of the Dragon Age series, probably the end of BioWare. History tells us it is rare for us to get something in between, especially when the cost of making Dreadwolf is likely to be astronomical.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dragon Age 4 is the beginning of an end of Bioware and the end of Dragon Age series.

Falksi

Arcane
Watched around half of it so far at x1.75 and it's pretty good. Tbh, I'm just chuffed that it concentrates on CRPGs and WRPGs more than JRPGs, because that means I can't post it in all the faggot weeb groups on Facebook, and troll the fannies about how insignificant they are.

Settle down, you.

2.9k likes in 6 years here Vs 8.2k likes in 1 day on the OPs vid :incline:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I can't stand listening to british/english people unless they're narrating some nature or historical documentary. Especially guys like this who have 1-3 second pauses between every word. This guys videos(I have skimmed through 2-3 of them) are also 5x longer then they need to be because he speaks so slowly.

I don't understand why every uk youtuber is some dipshit posh sounding pussy. If this guy had a hardcore scouse or norfern english accent I could listen to him because at least it would be funny.

This, the only acceptable english accent that doesn't sound like diarrhea[like londoners do] is american new york/east coast accent.

NotSweeper

Educated

roguefrog

Liturgist
Video was alright but a bit too long for normal viewing. Having lived through most the history, the ebb and flow of the genre makes sense. Especially after the death of Interplay and console era BioWare. It at least reminded me the aughts were a pretty shitty time for CRPGs. You know, the same time when the Codex came into being.

Losus4

Literate
A 3 hour video on RPGs and he spends about 2 minutes talking about Morrowind—arguably the greatest and most important RPG ever made. Should I bother watching the rest of it or is 2 minutes of WIND the most I'll get?

Spukrian

Savant
A 3 hour video on RPGs and he spends about 2 minutes talking about Morrowind—arguably the greatest and most important RPG ever made. Should I bother watching the rest of it or is 2 minutes of WIND the most I'll get?
He literally has a 2 hour video where he gushes about Morrowind on his channel, maybe you should watch that instead...

911 Jumper

Educated
Less and less, since they changed from bastards that laugh at everything to the poster-boys of globo-homo.
That's a big reason why Brits are in the irreversible mess that they now find themselves in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom