Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Fall Extended Version Gone Gold

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

The Extended Version for Herr Strehse's post-apocalyptic RPG, The Fall - The Last Days of Gaia <a href=http://www.silver-style.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5573>has just been declared gold</a> according to an official post at the game's forum. The game's distribution plans, at least in the United States, are still uncertain at this point.
<br>
<blockquote>The Extended Version of The Fall has gone Gold. The release will be at the end of April. The EV includes two new maps, a lot of new features, quests and characters, better graphics and some new voice actors. Of course all that additional content is also included in the US version.
<br>
<br>
The release in Russia will be somewhere in May. That's quite sure now.
<br>
<br>
Regarding the release of the US version we have no fixed date yet. It's also a matter of marketing and distribution not only of development. From our point of view the most important thing is that the product is perfectly polished at its release.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I've actually been looking forward to this game. It's looks alright, and I hope it comes to the US so I can try it out. Anyone tried out the german demo? How is it?

dipdipdip

Liturgist
Last I heard, it was terrible, controlled like Resident Evil, and was about as buggy as Ultima IX.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Saint_Proverbius said:
I've heard it also runs like frozen shit sliding down a horizontal shingle on high end machines.
This is true indeed. Unfortunately, I've acquired it some time ago, with the hope it might be something decent...but alas, it's just crap.
And I don't think v1.8 (= EV) will change that. You can read some of my impressions here , if you care.

Vival

Erudite
Ha! :lol: Extended version is just a silly euphemism for playable version because last time I tried, that piece of sloppy programing definitely was not.

Fez

Erudite
The Fall 2 might be worth something, if they ever make it. They might learn from their mistakes.

Spazmo

Erudite
Fez said:
The Fall 2 might be worth something, if they ever make it. They might learn from their mistakes.

No! They won't! Goddamnit, Silver Style does not make good games. They're responsible for Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon. That was total shit. They also made Soldiers of Anarchy--that was a big turd as well. And now they've made The Fall, which is, unsurprisingly, a piece of crap. So why do people keep going "shucks they might just get better"? THEY'RE NOT. They're going to keep making godawful games as long as you suckers keep giving them the money to do it. That asshole Carsten is a hack and I'm tired of seeing people support his garbage. Saying Silver Style might get their next game right because they'll "learn from their mistakes" is like assuming Herve will turn Interplay around because he's got to be due for a good decision, right?

Fez

Erudite
Urgh, I had forgotton or mentally blocked out Gorasul. It might be time for them to change careers then.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
*with the voice of Mr Mackey of South Park*

But anybody is worthy of a second chance, m'kay, so that they might, you know, see redemption someday, m'kay? :wink:

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Spazmo said:
They also made Soldiers of Anarchy--that was a big turd as well.
ooh ooh ooh I've got that!

....and yes it was shite to the n-th order.
Barely played an hour before I gave up.
Bastards.

Same company eh?
Hmmm...I don't wanna get stung twice by them...

Fez

Erudite
Don't make him remember! Ignorance is bliss, in this case.

Fresh

Erudite
Since ZE FALL IS NOT OUT YET it seems a bit premature to bash the hell out of it. But hey, go right ahead - there´s nothing like getting the last laugh right.

Poot

Novice
Spazmo said:
Fez said:

No! They won't! Goddamnit, Silver Style does not make good games. They're responsible for Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon. That was total shit. They also made Soldiers of Anarchy--that was a big turd as well. And now they've made The Fall, which is, unsurprisingly, a piece of crap. So why do people keep going "shucks they might just get better"? THEY'RE NOT. They're going to keep making godawful games as long as you suckers keep giving them the money to do it. That asshole Carsten is a hack and I'm tired of seeing people support his garbage. Saying Silver Style might get their next game right because they'll "learn from their mistakes" is like assuming Herve will turn Interplay around because he's got to be due for a good decision, right?

I find it interesting that you keep buying the Silver Style games even though you say they art 'crap'. :wink: I know you buy them, unless you are admitting to piracy. I will buy The Fall when ever it is release in the USA. Count on it. The game looks great if you ask me. They did have a terrable start, but it look pretty refined by now.

Spazmo

Erudite
I bought Soldiers of Anarchy and regret it to this day. The most I ever got out of that game was the single dollar I got for a trade-in at EB Games. By all reports, Gorasul was equally crap--nobody argues this point. I just can't imagine why The Fall would suddenly be good. I can see why some people would think it'd be good, why they desperately want it to be good--because they've been denied their 'official' Fallout 3 and now are desperate for any cheap substitute. But face it: Carsten and Silver Style are incompetent hacks and The Fall will be awful.

Fresh

Erudite
Spazmo said:
I bought Soldiers of Anarchy and regret it to this day. The most I ever got out of that game was the single dollar I got for a trade-in at EB Games. By all reports, Gorasul was equally crap--nobody argues this point. I just can't imagine why The Fall would suddenly be good. I can see why some people would think it'd be good, why they desperately want it to be good--because they've been denied their 'official' Fallout 3 and now are desperate for any cheap substitute. But face it: Carsten and Silver Style are incompetent hacks and The Fall will be awful.

... Overly bitter. Did Carsten have his way with you and then never call although he said he would?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What happened to all our lynch mobs? We should always have a team on standby. Anyway...

!HyPeRbOy! said:
Since ZE FALL IS NOT OUT YET it seems a bit premature to bash the hell out of it. But hey, go right ahead - there´s nothing like getting the last laugh right.
Isn't that what some people said about FOBOS?

I know it doesn't sound very plausible, but you can judge a game before it's released! How? Simple. By reading and evaluating what's known about a game! I couldn't believe it myself, but I've tried that and it WORKED!!! Thanks to this innovative method I've saved hundreds of dollars by not buying shitty games! You can too! Sign up today!

*some restrictions apply. Ability to read and comprehend simultaneously is required.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Poot said:
I will buy The Fall when ever it is release in the USA. Count on it. The game looks great if you ask me. They did have a terrable start, but it look pretty refined by now.
Thank you, Sir! There are many shitty developers who wouldn't be able to exist if art patrons like you didn't support them.

Great second post, Poot, but I liked the first one better:

I have been watching the game develop for over 16 months now and I believe The Fall will be great. The German version was pushed out the door way too soon if you ask me, but SSE has had nearly 6 months more to polish off the North American/English release. The game will be great. Don't knock it till you try it. It should be out in the next three months (late Q2) here in the USA & UK. Visit the official site for more info:

www.the-fall.com
Do you have anything else to say other then "The Fall is teh win because I, teh Poot, told you so?"

Fresh

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
I know it doesn't sound very plausible, but you can judge a game before it's released! How? Simple. By reading and evaluating what's known about a game! I couldn't believe it myself, but I've tried that and it WORKED!!! Thanks to this innovative method I've saved hundreds of dollars by not buying shitty games! You can too! Sign up today!

*some restrictions apply. Ability to read and comprehend simultaneously is required.

Cute. :wink: Now point out what you read about the English release of The Fall that makes it certain to be shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom