Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Fall Extended Version Gone Gold

bryce777

Erudite
!HyPeRbOy! said:
Vault Dweller said:
I know it doesn't sound very plausible, but you can judge a game before it's released! How? Simple. By reading and evaluating what's known about a game! I couldn't believe it myself, but I've tried that and it WORKED!!! Thanks to this innovative method I've saved hundreds of dollars by not buying shitty games! You can too! Sign up today!

*some restrictions apply. Ability to read and comprehend simultaneously is required.

Cute. :wink: Now point out what you read about the English release of The Fall that makes it certain to be shit.

How can translation of a crap game make it into a brilliant game?

If you think they will add new things that truly improve it then you are high. This has never happened in the history of gaming. Oh it might be a little better but it is not going to go from terrible to great...use your head.

Fez

Erudite
He's probably one of a dozen people who believed that FO:BOS was going to be great, despite all the indicators, because you can't possibly know it will be crap until you've played it (in every language). I guess that everyone must be psychic for them to get it right with FO:BOS.

When you've got a stinking asshole, you shouldn't expect it to produce anything other than shit.

Fresh

Erudite
bryce777 said:
How can translation of a crap game make it into a brilliant game?

If you think they will add new things that truly improve it then you are high. This has never happened in the history of gaming. Oh it might be a little better but it is not going to go from terrible to great...use your head.

Pfft. The general opinion in the german community seems to be that the patched version of the game is pretty FUN. Most of the critisism so far has been (rightfully) about the bugs, but now (v 1.08) they´re fixed. Now use your head and point out what about the game that makes it certain to be shit.

Spazmo

Erudite
These are the same mental midgets who thought that Soldiers of Anarchy was a great game, though. Anyone who thinks that is disqualified from intelligent discussion.

Vykromond

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
I know it doesn't sound very plausible, but you can judge a game before it's released! How? Simple. By reading and evaluating what's known about a game! I couldn't believe it myself, but I've tried that and it WORKED!!!

I tried that and bought Black & White.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Vykromond said:
I tried that and bought Black & White.

That's understandable, though. We all believed the hype because Sir Peter had never let us down before. Sir Peter would give these interviews, about ten a day it seemed like, and they'd all be pitching the bestest hype ever known to man short of a certain Canadian CRPG developer. We all remembered how great Populous was, and Dungeon Keeper, and Theme Hospital, and so on, and we believed.

What's a mystery to me is why people bought Fable based on Sir Peter's hype and then wondered what the hell happenned between the hype and the release.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saint_Proverbius said:
What's a mystery to me is why people bought Fable based on Sir Peter's hype and then wondered what the hell happenned between the hype and the release.
Because they were console-only players and hadn't heard of Black and White?
Or just stupidly optimistic like I often am... :D

Fez

Erudite
Black and White destroyed what little faith I had in the integrity of gaming magazines.

shay

Novice
Êîãäà áüåò ëåâûé áàðàáàí, íàäî ñòàâèòü ëåâóþ íîãó. http://www.nemarov.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom