Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The forums are being tinkered with

Megatron

Liturgist
new banner?

which reminds me, I need a new host for LOL FUNNY PIX! any suggestions?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I agree. Now I can't even see the cursor when writing. Bring back the old style and do something creative, if I may suggest. Like writing a poem or sth.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It's never going back, ever.. Hahahahahahah! I actually overwrote it with this, which I'm still working on. I just stopped because I'm waiting on something fun to happen at Interplay today.

Spazmo wanted a new scheme, so blame him.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Why we cannot choose our own colors from the profile ?
(what ? you mean that the person that codes this web site has a life ? )

Ok these colors are nice. Leave them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Absolutely BLANK disgusting!

I get the message now, guys.

Bye.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Since DAC is dead the people who had their personal stuff stored over there should be transfered to the codex server.

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Voss said:
The latent homosexual in me is demanding that I point out they are not using orange, they are using a nice, soft-tone peach which is very pleasing to the eye.

Actually, there was a greyish peach color that was used before the orange, brown and blue. People thought it looked pink, so I changed it to orange, then brown and then finally the blue-gray.

EvoG suggested the grayish blue.

Seven

Erudite
We're not sticking with these colors are we; it's not dark enough, and the contrast is shitty. Come on I say we rebel, who's with me?!?!?!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is a serious case of what the fuck.

See, now what you should do is create a new style. You leave the old style alone while you tinker on the new style (behind the scenes and unnoticed) then when the new stye is ready, you force everyone over to it by changing the default forum style in the admin panel and clicking "override user's style".

I think the main problem with a forum style is finding not just the colours, but then getting some fucky buttons that fit in with it all too. At the moment, what I'm seeing is... uhhh.. yeah. The buttons and colour bar are too dark for the pale / light colours around them.

I'd base your forum colours off of the Syndicate II theme used on the main site:

Background Colour: 3F3F3F
Text: FFFFFF
Background of posts: 404F5F
Background of 2nd posts: 5F6070
Unvisited Links: AFAFAF
Lines around / between posts: 5F6F90

Try that mabbe? Of course, you could always try a pre-made style:
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/forum/index.php?style=87

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=13

Rosh

Erudite
gaygaycountry.jpg

DrattedTin

Liturgist
This thread is beautiful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom