Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2022 - December 8th

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
How can they possibly fill the hour(s)? There's been like 6 whole video games this year...
They've got 37 categories, all full of lovely games that are definitely interesting and will be remembered for years to come. I can't say I recognize half of the games, and some I only recognize because they look so horrifically bad they'll be burned into my memory for years to come. But some are full of things I've never heard of. The content creator category is full of people I have never heard of even in passing, and the best "performance" almost likewise. Either they picked the worst possible picture of Christopher Judge they could find or he just looks like shit these days.
Unless you meant good games, in which case...I guess some games they have on there are good? Every time I see the selection of new games on one of these GOTY awards it looks like some flash in the pan crap nobody is going to remember 10 years from now. Can anyone tell me what games won awards 10 years ago without looking it up? How about 30 years ago when the Codies were a thing instead of this? Doesn't help that they're doing weird-ass stuff like putting in 37 random categories half of which only matter if you're the person getting the award on your shelf.

The only thing I was vaguely aware of coming out this year was Elden Ring. That did come out this year didn't it? The rest of that trailer just looked like dime a dozen Ubisoft trash. Hell, some of it wan't even videogames. There was footage from that shitty League of Legends show which again I could have swore was from last year. *shrug*

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The only thing I was vaguely aware of coming out this year was Elden Ring. That did come out this year didn't it? The rest of that trailer just looked like dime a dozen Ubisoft trash. Hell, some of it wan't even videogames. There was footage from that shitty League of Legends show which again I could have swore was from last year. *shrug*
You're right on all counts. I'm guessing they're going to justify the League of Legends show because they didn't have an "adaptation" category last year. It seems like a couple of actual games are weird like that, they have the remake of The Last of Us Part I in some irrelevant category along with Overwatch 2 and Total War: Warhammer 3, which IIRC, are closer to updates that true new games.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nificantly-shorter-this-year-due-to-feedback/
"we're listening to feedback this is not because there aren't any video games and everything is now live service no not at all."
Also seriously just reposting shit off of Reddit. That's some quality journalism right there. Was Keighley not taking calls?

You know you're in for a ride when David Cage is the front-runner for world premier.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Why is this even up for discussion.
Ignore, don't engage, don't talk about it.
Dragon age 4, Bioshock 4, Bloodborne 2, Starfield, Ken's Levine new game, Elden Ring DLC, ... here's some juicy hype for you.
4th in a series of games that was never good and has only gotten worse and more faggy, 4th in a series that is a spiritual successor to a series it is inferior to in every way, a great unique one off game that can now be ruined with sequel milking, skyrim in space but with even more copy pasted assets, ken levine is a retard, dlc to a mediocre rehash of the souls formula that already has too much shit in it

Sarathiour

Cipher
Holy shit there is even category for the game who pushed "the message" the most hohohohohahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, I remember also being bamboozled by some category few years ago, like the "strategy and simulation" category, thinking they were lumping together stuff like starcraft, anno, civilisation and the various theme or hospital management game.

The winner was microsoft flight simulator.

lightbane

Arcane
There's also a chance to get a Steam Deck, the only reason to bother with this drivel.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom