Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The insane kinda-RPGs of MDickie

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
By the way, I forgot to mention that some time ago I finished The You Testament 2D. It's a very short game (2.5h long), but it's fun to try to follow Jesus and listen to his teachings, but because of confusing controls you accidentally rip Maria's leg off because of a missclick and now she has to jump on one leg until the end of the game.

The combat system is actually good (wrestling-like + some interesting magic), the dialogues are mostly Bible quotes, and the game actually offers factions (though you can only be an apostle, a priest or a citizen), and NPC friendship system (NPC can stop being your friend if you become a friend of a person he dislikes), though these are shallow systems but for the short experience of this game they work well enough - that is they provide enough hilarious situations. Moreover, Jesus tests you, and Satan persuades you and you have a few events with choices, so it does feel somewhat like an RPG.

Worth the 1€ I paid for sure.

xuerebx

Erudite
By the way, I forgot to mention that some time ago I finished The You Testament 2D. It's a very short game (2.5h long), but it's fun to try to follow Jesus and listen to his teachings, but because of confusing controls you accidentally rip Maria's leg off because of a missclick and now she has to jump on one leg until the end of the game.

Hahaha that's hilarious!!

But couldn't Jesus regrow her leg? I mean he revived Lazarus - that's a feat which required a higher piety stat.

Iucounu

Educated
Are these similar to the Postal games, or something completely different?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Sort of, it's less like Postal in the sense that the chaos isn't something you have to work for at least a little bit, it comes to you whether you want it or not. Nearly anyone, at any time, can do anything. If you just try to play the game normally, unlike Postal, you aren't going to be able to just walk past the chaos or avoid it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're sort of life sims running in a wrestling engine, with the AI of NPCs being completely unhinged so weird shit happens at all times.

The school game is a great example. You can get beaten the fuck up by a teacher if you misbehave in class and then sent to detention if you fight back lmao.

It's just pure chaos of NPCs interacting with each other and everything devolving into mass brawls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom