Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Gee, this thread sure grew overnight. I wonder what's going on? People hyped for a game coming out tomorrow? Oh...oh...
:what:
Given the nature of the game, it seems appropriate to compare this to a film. Heaven's Gate. A bloated production that killed its director, its studio, and its genre. Further, it physically harmed those on set. Of course, with Heaven's Gate, the critics were wise to the film's horribleness, unlike here. And Camino did not throw horrifying bullshit in the audience's faces.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Streamers and normal people are literally broken by the stupidity of Joel's death. Almost all of them want to kill Abby.
No shit. They performed one of the biggest no-nos in video game writing.
By playing as a character in a story-driven game you begin to associate with the character. Seeing someone they associate with get killed in a cruel, meaningless way is going to anger fans. If the line was drawn here, then it would probably be acceptable. This would be a good hook for some C&C on whether or not to get revenge(and possibly continue the cycle of violence.)

Expecting them to play as the killer is some sort of psychological trauma simulator shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Streamers and normal people are literally broken by the stupidity of Joel's death. Almost all of them want to kill Abby.

Am I really that wise and perceptive, or is just Druckman a total idiot?

You cannot imagine.

They try to make the player empathize with Abby after she killed Joel and Jesse.

I'm rofl hard watching an streamer (xQcOW) who wants to play with Ellie but he is forced to play with Abby ... he doesn't know that Abby is the playable character for half the game :)

This shit is crazy. The Last Jedi in videogame form. I've never seen something like this. You can actually feel that the story was created by a sick and perverted mind.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You cannot imagine.

They try to make the player empathize with Abby after she killed Joel and Jesse.

I'm rofl hard watching an streamer (xQcOW) who wants to play with Ellie but he is forced to play with Abby ... he doesn't know that Abby is the playable character for half the game :)

This shit is crazy. The Last Jedi in videogame form. I've never seen something like this. You can actually feel that the story was created by a sick and perverted mind.

If you find any good reactions, please link!

Shinros

Learned

You cannot imagine.

Here's one. An example of the last post, it's actually quite amusing.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticProtectiveFrogAMPTropPunch

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Expecting them to play as the killer is some sort of psychological trauma simulator shit.

It is but most of them continue to play in hope of a good payoff. There is no payoff but they don't know.

Also most of them did not reach the end yet (cause the game is like 25 hours) but many of them will probably finish it tomorrow.

Unfortunately only then they will realize that they were taken for a SJW ride. The butthurt will be glorious.

On the other hand, this game will be a good indicator for whomever is a honest streamer and who is a sellout.

For example:
- CohhCarnage is the vilest sellout I've ever sees, it's obvious he is massaging information from Sony and ND, (truly disgusting to watch)
- DansGaming literally died inside when Joel's died but he kept saying that the gameplay is fabulous, (not a word about the story)
- xQcOW is a retard but he is much more honest than the ones above, (he is speed running the Abby's sections but the doesn't know the spoilers)

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't seen much of this game, except a few of the clips posted here. Are there any scenes where a character says "Black lives matter," and looks directly at the camera?

Dexter

Arcane

The problem aren't the woke elements, Abby or whatever. The problem is that the whole story-telling of the game is fundamentally bad.
Have you ever wondered why the two seem to go together like bread and butter? Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, STD/Picard and many other cases all have the woke elements and story-telling that is fundamentally bad. It's almost like someone preoccupied with "Diversity" and making Wokeaganda won't be the best at writing a compelling and coherent story with appealing characters and elements? It seems really weird why people are constantly trying to decouple the two, like they don't go hand in hand.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I haven't seen much of this game, except a few of the clips posted here. Are there any scenes where a character says "Black lives matter," and looks directly at the camera?

How about "Trans lives matter"? The entire game is about that :)

ekrolo2

Learned
The protests are too new for the game to incorporate that production wise. Though I'd bet my right kidney and win they'd have included something about BLM if the game was releasing next year.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CohhCarnage is the vilest sellout I've ever sees, it's obvious he is massaging information from Sony and ND, (truly disgusting to watch)

What exactly do you mean by this? He is speaking for Sony while streaming?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
CohhCarnage is the vilest sellout I've ever sees, it's obvious he is massaging information from Sony and ND, (truly disgusting to watch)

Not officially but somehow he is repeating the exact same lines as Neil Cuckmann :)

He is preparing the audience to be disappointed. In fact he repeated several times the line that games don't have to be fun, that he doesn't expect a good payoff and so on.

Another example: He stated that anyone who liked Tlou1 will like Tlou2. Anyone. That's a straight lie.

For me it's obvious he got paid by Sony and now he is doing PR for them (at least for this game).

DansGaming is another one but he is much more restrained than Cohn. He tries really hard to hype the game but at least he doesn't use lines from Sony or ND.

Like he's trying to cushion the blow of certain events, or portray them in a positive way to his viewers, I think

Exactly this. He is doing damage control for them.

The funny thing is that smaller streamers are able to express their disappointment with the game but not Cohn :) He loves the game.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
He is preparing the audience to be disappointed. In fact he repeated several times the line that games don't have to be fun, that he doesn't expect a good payoff and so on.

Haha, that is a hell of a mindset to have when starting a game.

"These next 25 hours will be horrible, but I got to play it for some reason"

KVVRR

Learned

You cannot imagine.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Who is this game even made for? Weird storytelling, virtue signalling, destroying Joel who made everything good what last of us was.

It's art :D

You cannot possibly understand the genius of Neil Cuckmann and the Gross One :P

You have to buy and play the game in order to find out for whom this game was made for. /sonypaidme

PAEYBF2.jpg

Last edited:
The protests are too new for the game to incorporate that production wise. Though I'd bet my right kidney and win they'd have included something about BLM if the game was releasing next year.
"What's with all the people mass kneeling in those old photos? Some kind of cult?"
"I don't know, but it must have been pretty important. The date coincides with that pandemic we read about in the old magazines."
"The one that made everyone lock themselves at home? Must be a mistake, they wouldn't..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom