Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The last RPGs you're going to play

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Our world is ending and most of us are going to die this decade. A decade is optimistic, to be frank. There's not a shitload any of us can do about that.

That leaves us only so much gaming time, and we'll need to spend it as well as we can. So pick the next 5 cRPGs you're going to play now. Drop any shit you're only sort of interested in. Pick things that you know you want to play, but for whatever reason haven't yet or pick things you absolutely must have one more go at in this lifetime.

My next 5:

Planescape Torment. I actually never finished it. Started it around 15 years ago and I remember liking it. But life gets in the way of things. Never got back to it.

Divinity: Original Sin II.

Underrail

Arcanum, but I'll drop it if I don't like it. I remember having a hard time getting into it.

I've owned Kenshi for ages and not played it. Gotta play that one.

If I get through all that and I'm still sucking air, still free and in possession of a working computer and a safe place to use it, NWN Enhanced edition has enough modules to keep me going for the rest of my life. That game has never really grabbed me though so we'll see.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
My next 5:

Planescape Torment. I actually never finished it. Started it around 15 years ago and I remember liking it. But life gets in the way of things. Never got back to it.

Divinity: Original Sin II.

Underrail

Arcanum, but I'll drop it if I don't like it. I remember having a hard time getting into it.

Funnily enough, D:OS II was pretty much the only RPG I played last year (and for the first time). And I really liked it, including the armor system.

Tried getting into Arcanum again last year too and again I dropped it after a few hours.

Underrail is one of the Top 3 RPG's of the last decade. It has a pretty boring beginning, but then it becomes great. And the very end is again subpar.

My personal choice for last RPG would probably be Wizardry 7 and Grimoire, but I am planning to survive this shitshow.

mondblut

Arcane
Our world is ending and most of us are going to die this decade. A decade is optimistic, to be frank. There's not a shitload any of us can do about that.

That leaves us only so much gaming time, and we'll need to spend it as well as we can.

Playing RPGs is certainly not the worst way to spend the last few months of your life... but pretty high up in the list.

Werdnicus

Learned
The last RPG I'm going to play is probably NWN2 because an eternity in hell wont be so bad in comparison.

MOTB was good though

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm gonna play..

MOSSMAN BIGFOOT ADVENTURE LAND!! LARP!
ek08Aw3.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
Good idea with Kenshi, learn some skills to survive in the post-apocalypse!

I am not sure getting constantly beaten, losing your legs and ending up a slave is going to help you in the post-apocalypse. Unless mental preparation counts.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That BG3 barbarian is setting up to be a man-whore. Might want to avoid that game and values it teaches.

Null Null

Arbiter
A decade? If you're not in your 60s or up, man, that's pessimistic unless there are some health issues going on (which you are of course not obliged to discuss). The Ukraine thing is worrying but I doubt either Putin or Biden is dumb enough to start WW3.

But I think it's not a bad end-of-life hobby. Doesn't require much hand-eye and certainly little muscle strength, though loss of executive function in the later stages of dementia could be a problem. I'm probably going to run Pool of Radiance to Pools of Darkness with the same party one last time.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
GTA, except in real life. Let's see how many police helicopters I can blow up before going down.

wishbonetail

Learned
Damn, that's my line. This game is Art, it should not be approached lightly. Waiting for the right mood for about 20 years.

Alphons

Cipher
Outer Worlds 7

Skyrim: Super Duper Final Special Rererererelease 2: Electric Boogaloo & Knuckles

Fallout 75

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
ELEX II

Can't die without tasting the incline one more time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom