Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Reinhardt

Arcane
Finish line, i guess. It was gud month.

UZdP1mF.png

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
https://geofront.esterior.net/2021/05/17/azures-release-date-how-to-prepare-and-more/
Azure’s Release Date, How to Prepare, and More
Monday-Azure-Article.jpg

You heard us right yet again. Soon, you’ll be able to finish the story of the Crossbell arc. The Geofront’s localization of The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure will release on Saturday, May 22nd, 2021.

What You Need
First, you will need to supply ONE of the following:

• The BG_setup.rar file for Joyoland’s Ao no Kiseki in Chinese.
  • A previously existing installation of Ao no Kiseki in Chinese without the Geofront mod installed.
  • A physical copy of Ao no Kiseki in Chinese released in Mainland China, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
Players that do not own a physical copy are encouraged to purchase their license for Ao no Kiseki on Joyoland’s website via PayPal. The link HERE will take you to a post from last year explaining the process which has been updated with a visual guide. The Geofront does not condone piracy and isn’t liable for anyone that owns Ao no Kiseki digitally without purchasing the license.

If you require the BG_setup file, it can be downloaded HERE (third-party hosting provided by Joyoland) or HERE (via archive.org). These are the only two hostings the Geofront claims as trustworthy. Third parties may choose to also host the setup file for the convenience of fellow fans. However, we will be unable to police this practice and verify the game’s authenticity beyond these two hostings.

The Geofront has no plans to support any version of Ao no Kiseki that isn’t the Joyoland PC port released in Chinese. This includes the original on PSP, Ao no Kiseki: Evolution on PSVITA, and the coming Ao no Kiseki: Kai Steam port by Clouded Leopard Entertainment.

Extras
You will find a zip file containing all sorts of useful goodies HERE. For media personnel, there are high-resolution screenshots and a press release included. For fans, you will find a plethora of Trails to Azure wallpapers, as well as assets that can be used when adding the game to your Steam or GOG Galaxy libraries. (The assets will also be provided with the game’s installation, but you can get a headstart if you want.)

Additionally, today we are opening an official Geofront Discord server for fans to join, but remember to follow the rules! You can join HERE. Come by to chat about the games, ask questions, and get to know us better. We’re all busy individuals, though, and it’s not as though we have a PR wing running these sorts of things, so do be patient with us.

Trails from Zero Version 1.1.1
We also released an update for Zero today. Yes, I know we said the curtain was closed on Zero, but there were some outstanding text bugs to fix caused by the jump to a new platform, some lines that were revised, and additional changes to coincide with the PC release of Trails of Cold Steel IV. Additionally, some graphics were updated and one new feature from Azure was backported…but we’re not going to say what it is! You’ll have to update Zero for yourself to find it, or you can always wait until later this week when we go into deeper detail about all of Azure’s features.

See You Soon
In just a few days, mine and my team’s lives will change forever once more. Thank you for being patient with us, and I hope Azure lives up to all of your expectations. I would like to think that after over a year of tireless work, we have successfully done my favorite game of all time justice. I truly believe we left no stone unturned in localizing Azure. This is our love letter to not only the Trails series but our predecessors who localized these games before us and those who will continue to localize them after us.

Thank you once again, and for one final time: Please look forward to the Geofront’s release of Trails to Azure.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
TBH what I don't like about the Trails series, they have too many characters and run out of archetypes pretty quickly.

The new protagonist looks like Rean. His sidekick is a mix of Emma and Alissa. The teenage girl – a mix of Shera and Fie. The red-haired dude is a younger Randy. The nurse girl... Tio? The grey-haired girl with drones is the new Altina.

You don't know what you're talking about.
'Archetypes'. You sure you've played the games and witnessed any actual character development? It's obvious that the writing in the series is repeatedly attempting to break free of generic molds while remaining fun. What you call 'archetypes' (established character behaviors) change constantly for the supporting main cast (within reason). Altina in CS2 is not the same as in CS4. Alisa in CS4 is literally nothing like in CS1.

And before that Sara has a lot in common with Schera (heavy drinking "mature" woman). Juna is similar to Estelle etc.

I don't understand this autism. Sara likes drinking, so does Schera, thus they're the same? Do you operate in the same manner in the real world?

Maxie

protag tierlist official
Estelle > Kevin > Lloyd > literally who
CS1 was such an unlikeable experience I gave up altogether on this arc, fully content with Sky and Crossbell stuff

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
protag tierlist official
CS1 was such an unlikeable experience I gave up altogether on this arc, fully content with Sky and Crossbell stuff

For me CS1-2 are the worst trails games but I would still try to finish CS series since CS3/4 are good games + hard to continue playing other arcs if you decide to skip CS.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
protag tierlist official

For me CS1-2 are the worst trails games but I would still try to finish CS series since CS3/4 are good games + hard to continue playing other arcs if you decide to skip CS.
there are a lot of major events/revelation that places steel games as the most important events in the series so far.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally managed to slog trough ToCSIV. Glad its over, would have been better as a trilogy.

Some random thoughts about the game (spoilers obviously):

- NC7 was completely unnecessary. There were way too many characters and overlapping personalities. In the end, they didn't add anything good and only watered down everything. Worst of all, they forced NC7 on you all the time, I really didn't like this.

- Forced party members. I hate this shit. Let me decide who I bring, thank you very much.

- Boring, repetitive Antagonists. After 3 games I had enough of the same idiots from Ouroboros. Fighting the Iron Bloods also felt super forced. There wasn't a single, memorable, original villain which is kinda sad for a finale.

- Same boring dungeons again. Why do we need to crawl trough fucking vents every single game? Why are the dungeons always boring corridors with some gimmick lever?

- Way to easy, samey combat. There is no challenge, even on nightmare. And I didn't even use arts because they were so broken.

Verdict: I had some fun playing it, but was kinda disappointed.

Deleted member 7219

Edginess has taken over this thread. Hopefully the release of Azure will restore this back to the lovefest it once was.

What's absolutely insane with VII duology is that instead of having closed, gated areas you have access to the full map from start(ish) to end.
Imagine a country that's about as big as, say, Bose and Ruan regions, but entierely open to you. It's what i expected from Sky. It's what i got from VII.
And being a Trails, it means that you can follow the NPCs through the entire game.

There's some chapters that don't involve at all, say Armorica Village, thus if you follow the plotline you won't enter it.
But if you do you can see that Every.Single.NPC.Dialogue is regulary updated. It's just mindblowing.
VII also has the best Sidequests hands down.

Also, There's Rixia <3

And that makes it the best games in the series to me (with 3rd for different reasons). It's basically Trails on steroids.

I preferred the Zero game though since i'm more into low key story for Trails and because the ending was much, much better. Azure's ending was, unfortunately, really bad.

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
Finally managed to slog trough ToCSIV. Glad its over, would have been better as a trilogy.

Some random thoughts about the game (spoilers obviously):

- NC7 was completely unnecessary. There were way too many characters and overlapping personalities. In the end, they didn't add anything good and only watered down everything. Worst of all, they forced NC7 on you all the time, I really didn't like this.

- Forced party members. I hate this shit. Let me decide who I bring, thank you very much.

- Boring, repetitive Antagonists. After 3 games I had enough of the same idiots from Ouroboros. Fighting the Iron Bloods also felt super forced. There wasn't a single, memorable, original villain which is kinda sad for a finale.

- Same boring dungeons again. Why do we need to crawl trough fucking vents every single game? Why are the dungeons always boring corridors with some gimmick lever?

- Way to easy, samey combat. There is no challenge, even on nightmare. And I didn't even use arts because they were so broken.

Verdict: I had some fun playing it, but was kinda disappointed.

Ya there a lot of mediocre jrpgs out there like trails and saga frontier. I recently beat savior of sapphire wings and its definitely forgettable. The problem is there are people willing to put in 1000 hours into shit games and animes that make it hard for people to identify what is worth or not.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh the game is certainly not shit, in fact is one of the best jrpgs I played. It was just a bit disappointing, especially because I didn't get the true ending despite having everything done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom