Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
not adding Eschalon III, not ever. The previous parts were probably the worst and most boring cRPGs I've played, ever.
I approve, although I've played worse.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Eador is a GREAT game, the best strategy game of the last several years - but a strategy nonetheless. I don't think it fits into the list.

Plus, it was already released. The new version is just a remaster with better graphics, and it has garnered a lot of flak in the beta phase.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought maybe The Banner Saga and/or Lords of Xulima would get added.

Captain Shrek

The year is 2013.
It is a time of Turn Based mechanics and Novel settings.
It is a also a time of RTwP and rehashes.
Kickstarters have more power than publishers.
Everyone is fighting for funding, for more backers.
Still I am searching for a good game to play in my steam library.
I will never stop looking.
You'll believe me when I say:
I always asked for this.
I-asked-for-this.jpg

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
hoverdog

Here are a couple you missed, though I don't think they are coming out this year (neither will many of the ones listed in your OP. Some will get delayed to next year. It is inevitable)

Legends of Grimrock 2
Spaceshock
Mage's Initiation
Quest for Infamy

(the last two are adventure/rpg hybrids. if Conquisdor is on the list, these should be on there as well)

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Grimrock 2 is degenerate real time combat mambo.

:killit:

Shut your whore mouth. It's more of an rpg than any shit adventure game you play, not to mention Mass Effect trilogy which you've played multiple times. I'll take combat mambo over cover based combat and no combat any day.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Careful, this list is going to get out of hand if you add every single Kickstarter/indie to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom