Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online - Corsairs of Umbar expansion out now

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I guess the last few Tolkien fans left holding the subs were not enough.

Amazon Games has announced a new agreement with Embracer Group subsidiary Middle-earth Enterprises to make a new Lord of the Rings MMO game.

The new massively-multiplayer-online game is being developed by New World developer Amazon Games Orange County, and will be released worldwide for Windows PC and unspecified consoles.

6Now that Embracer Group owns Middle-earth Enterprises, they’re naturally looking to cash in on the lucrative Tolkien properties as much as possible with new “motion pictures, video games, board games, merchandising, theme parks and stage productions.”
Depending on how the licensing works this might end up with how SWG finally had the plug pulled on it to make way for the Tortanic. This is going to be a train wreck like every other Amazon game.

ADL

Prophet
I'm hoping that isn't the case. Especially if it ends up being set during a different time period. Embracer should just license it like Warhammer. Anyone who has a decent pitch gets it.

Elttharion

Learned
the team is determined to deliver an experience that is incredibly faithful to the rich fantasy lore established by Tolkien’s landmark novels

“The number-one thing about a property like this is that you have to be respectful and authentic,” Rich said. “When somebody is a fan of The Lord of the Rings and sits down and plays this game for the first time, they have to say, ‘This was crafted by a bunch of people who lived in this world just like I do in my head. They get it.’

“We understand this world. The people working on this team love these works,” he continued. “We’re right there with you; we’re fans, and we want to make a game that we, as fans, will enjoy.”

7b4.gif

I'm hoping that isn't the case. Especially if it ends up being set during a different time period. Embracer should just license it like Warhammer. Anyone who has a decent pitch gets it.
Forgot to mention this is supposed to be set in the war of the ring era, so the same time period.

Guess it would be a good time for those Shadows of Angmar private servers to set up.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, finally, something everyone asked for, an MMO by Amazon, perchance running on Lumberyard, using the well-known works of J.R.R. Tolkien used to craft the incredible Rings of Power Amazon series, to enjoy with your buds playing on your trusty Stadia, chilling on the couch with a brewski.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Does anyone know what is the status of a private server and if it's happening at all? Feel like playing lotro, but since the introduction of negro-tranism I'm not touching the official version even with a ten foot pole. :M

Elttharion

Learned
Its interesting how the push for this change came at the same time Amazon made their lord of the rangs series, MTC started marketing their new cards with race swapped characters, a new MMO was announced by Amazon and it was said there are more series and games in production, presumably all of them will also be like this. It almost makes it seem like it was a deliberate coordinated push, right? But who could be behind something like this...

Gerrard

Arcane
Our latest update celebrates individuality with additional character customization options for the Race of Men (humans) that let players express themselves in new ways. We want to make as many players feel represented in the game as possible, and we are introducing new character creation options for your face, hair, and body!
lotroclient64-2023-05-06-22-24-55-478.jpg

where the rohirim womenz at?
I see the "updated visuals" have arrived.

ADL

Prophet
Update 36 "Gondor Renewed" released a couple weeks ago and it's pretty solid. New adventure zone in East Gondor set after the War of the Ring. They finally added the landscape difficulty system to all standard servers which makes questing a lot more enjoyable if you're outleveling the stuff you want to do too quickly.

"LOTRO Remastered" is a series of updates rather than a relaunch of the game
Umbar/Harad expansion announced for end of this year
totally not Corsair"Mariner" included with the Q4 expansion with some sort of sea shanty musical system being added to the game
Stat squish coming in Update 37, level squish in consideration
Several sources of lag being fixed in the next week or two
Reworks to Beorning and Guardian classes coming in next update
New modernized store coming in next update
New launcher with 2FA support
Improved 1440p/4K UI scaling is a priority and one of the biggest causes for negative reviews of the game in recent years
UX rework
After scaling/UX reworks happen, they'll be focusing on lighting and shaders to improve the graphics of the game
Warsteed rework being discussed
River hobbits being added to the game at some point in the future
riverhobbitslotro2.jpeg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What are some of this game's highlights? I've seen some videos but I don't get what people like about it or what there is to do in it outside of questing.

What are some of this game's highlights? I've seen some videos but I don't get what people like about it or what there is to do in it outside of questing.

I heard the game was touted for its RP community (biggest one outside of WoW?), but that was a decade back.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Update 36 "Gondor Renewed" released a couple weeks ago and it's pretty solid. New adventure zone in East Gondor set after the War of the Ring. They finally added the landscape difficulty system to all standard servers which makes questing a lot more enjoyable if you're outleveling the stuff you want to do too quickly.

"LOTRO Remastered" is a series of updates rather than a relaunch of the game
Umbar/Harad expansion announced for end of this year
totally not Corsair"Mariner" included with the Q4 expansion with some sort of sea shanty musical system being added to the game
Stat squish coming in Update 37, level squish in consideration
Several sources of lag being fixed in the next week or two
Reworks to Beorning and Guardian classes coming in next update
New modernized store coming in next update
New launcher with 2FA support
Improved 1440p/4K UI scaling is a priority and one of the biggest causes for negative reviews of the game in recent years
UX rework
After scaling/UX reworks happen, they'll be focusing on lighting and shaders to improve the graphics of the game
Warsteed rework being discussed
River hobbits being added to the game at some point in the future
riverhobbitslotro2.jpeg

Uruk-hai joining Gondor forces? :M
1687294833947.png

ironmask

Arbiter
How is it that this game got away with woke pandering while Magic the Gathering and Rings of Power got shit on for it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
How is it that this game got away with woke pandering while Magic the Gathering and Rings of Power got shit on for it.

The only people that play it are desperately addicted whales that keep it going. They are entrenched in the game because they have thousands of hours and can't imagine their life without it. Cucks, in other words. They grew to like being humiliated.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I don't even know how you play this for long enough to become a whale, last time a friend convinced me to play this with him, I was banned within 3 hours after being *slightly* rude to someone in the pretend bar who was playing a terrible tune on his lute and then permabanned after 3 emails between me and the support staff.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Because hardly anybody plays it and it failed completely to get traction because of the massive shit that RoP was and is.

I re-installed it a couple of years ago and wanted to give it another shot, but then they went woke and fuck them. So uninstalled. Never looked back.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does anyone know what is the status of a private server and if it's happening at all? Feel like playing lotro, but since the introduction of negro-tranism I'm not touching the official version even with a ten foot pole. :M
What about negro trannism? Details?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Post #388 in this thread on the previous page. What a glorious update. Truly enriched this game. :M

Post #388 in this thread on the previous page. What a glorious update. Truly enriched this game. :M
Just depends on how much it bothers you on principle of cringey corporate pandering. For whatever it's worth I haven't seen a single person using any of the new options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom