Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

CROmagnon

Augur
Well atleast that's the reasoning and I am ok with that.
There's no reasoning in this.

Our minds just can't properly comprehend the complexity of the reapers. :smug:

Yes, because our minds aren't broken, unlike those of the Bioware writing staff.

Only a crazy person can find this shit logical and reasonable.
Maybe that's the legendary Bioware science expert. Remember there is a thin line between genius and insanity.

I haven't seen even a speck of evidence that ponits to somekind of genius, so I'm affraid insanity is all that's left.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
On a more serious note, this could be a big deal in our future too, ofcourse not that particular event, but who knows what some AI on the loose will do? Before ME3 I have only heard good things about AI-research, but the concept of this is popular as seen in various movies, books etc. In the end we are talking about some B-Movie game, don't take everything too serious and the game has a decent fun value. ;D
And why would you be afraid of the technological singularity? In my opinion, the question isn't whether or not it will happen but when will it happen. If you look into it a bit more, most people afraid of it are the same luddites who are afraid of technology even today, or who attribute ethics and morality to various technologies. That's a fallacy because technology and science have no intrinsic ethics or morals. That's the sole responsability of the user. If an AI will someday evelove past human intelligence levels and using that intelligence, it will determine that humans are shit and they need exterminating, then, instead of panicking now over how we could stop that from happening, how about behaving in such a way that when that AI appears, it won't come to that conclusion, but to the conclusion that humans have a positive influence on the planet/galaxy/universe and they need its support and protection?

That's a very valid point, but you forget that humans gotta human.

Overall, it's an interesting thing, BioWare have just decided to make it in a bland, non intellectually-stimulating way. :D

Project: Eternity
I'd pay good money for a cutscene where Zaeed rescues Shepard from Vega's tiresome advances. He swings into the room and he's all like "hey, you fruit, real men don't dance!" and "leave my homie alone!" and kicks him out and Shepard is all like "I'm ready for another scar, Massani" and Zaeed is all like "hope you like it on your butt!" and they both laugh but even though Zaeed has this sinister laugh, it's really heartfelt and you know, as a gamer, that your character is in good hands.

and then wrex comes in and hes like "bros i got space weed" and shep and zaeed are like "fuck yeah lets light one up homes" and then they sit down and smoke space weed and talk trash and then the girls come in later and tali says lets play naked twister and she takes her armor off and you finally see her face and then miranda and tali get busy on the floor together and shep is like thug lyfe 4ever bros NAKED LESBIAN INTERSPECIES TWISTER DLC COMING SOON ONLY $9.99!!!!!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'd pay good money for a cutscene where Zaeed rescues Shepard from Vega's tiresome advances. He swings into the room and he's all like "hey, you fruit, real men don't dance!" and "leave my homie alone!" and kicks him out and Shepard is all like "I'm ready for another scar, Massani" and Zaeed is all like "hope you like it on your butt!" and they both laugh but even though Zaeed has this sinister laugh, it's really heartfelt and you know, as a gamer, that your character is in good hands.

and then wrex comes in and hes like "bros i got space weed" and shep and zaeed are like "fuck yeah lets light one up homes" and then they sit down and smoke space weed and talk trash and then the girls come in later and tali says lets play naked twister and she takes her armor off and you finally see her face and then miranda and tali get busy on the floor together and shep is like thug lyfe 4ever bros NAKED LESBIAN INTERSPECIES TWISTER DLC COMING SOON ONLY $9.99!!!!!
Dude, that's way too much content for 9,99.

Malpercio

Arcane
How do i i kill Tali anyway.
Do i need to side with the Geth? I always like the Geth, and not just because they are teh Cylons of the ME Universe.

CROmagnon

Augur
Only a crazy person can find this shit logical and reasonable.
fSeX8.jpg

I'm think this guy is going to become the most hated man in vydia game history when the biodrones play and finish ME3. The Talimancers are going to form a terrorist organization with the sole purpose of killing this man.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Mac Walters looks like some autistic kid which also suffers from leukemia, which leads me to believe that the make-a-wish foundation gave him his job at Bioware.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
161 pages and the game hasn't been released yet,can't wait for the offcial release crack so that this thing is kicked into overdrive :bounce::bounce::bounce:

15-20 new pages and 5-6 new threads every day:dance:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Mac Walters looks like some autistic kid which also suffers from leukemia, which leads me to believe that the make-a-wish foundation gave him his job at Bioware.
He is totally Cancer Boy all grown up from the movie Thank You For Smoking.

edit: Holy shit, Mac Walters beat cancer! We should send him a cake or a wig or something.

racofer

Thread Incliner
161 pages and the game hasn't been released yet,can't wait for the offcial release crack so that this thing is kicked into overdrive :bounce::bounce::bounce:

And don't forget the shitstorm that will also ensue in RK47's LP thread. That thread is going to boil next week.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

And don't forget the shitstorm that will also ensue in RK47's LP thread. That thread is going to boil next week.

Oops forgot about that,this is going to be AWESOME®

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Overall, it's an interesting thing, BioWare have just decided to make it in a bland, non intellectually-stimulating way. :D
Very true. Nobody's saying that everybody needs to be a saint 24/7. Only that, when you sum it all up, you should be in positive territory ("in the black", for all you accountants out there). And when you cower in fear of what may happen, then you're making sure that nothing positive is going to happen. At most, you won't fuck up, but stagnation usually leads to regression in the end, so you don't really have the option of doing nothing. You either risk and try moving forward, and sometimes you'll fuck up and have to backtrack a little, or you play it safe and you'll surely fail. As for Bioware managing to make a mockery out of this very interesting topic... Bioware will to bioware, otherwise they'll lose the support of all the retards (both on the "clients" and on the "overlords" sides of the isle) and that would be bad for the bottom line.

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Bro, you got that slightly wrong. Wrex is bringing the bitches and the BROthean is bringing the weed.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Very true. Nobody's saying that everybody needs to be a saint 24/7. Only that, when you sum it all up, you should be in positive territory ("in the black", for all you accountants out there). And when you cower in fear of what may happen, then you're making sure that nothing positive is going to happen. At most, you won't fuck up, but stagnation usually leads to regression in the end, so you don't really have the option of doing nothing. You either risk and try moving forward, and sometimes you'll fuck up and have to backtrack a little, or you play it safe and you'll surely fail. As for Bioware managing to make a mockery out of this very interesting topic... Bioware will to bioware, otherwise they'll lose the support of all the retards (both on the "clients" and on the "overlords" sides of the isle) and that would be bad for the bottom line.
Well, being an ardent transhumanist I believe that singularity will be generated by post-humans... And I also believe post-humans will not only be physically and mentally enhanced, but morally as well.

Oesophagus

Arcane

And just for that ME3 deserves its 10/10 goty. Stand up comedians could learn from Bioware, mang

skuphundaku

Patron

Well, being an ardent transhumanist I believe that singularity will be generated by post-humans... And I also believe post-humans will not only be physically and mentally enhanced, but morally as well.
I would formulate that as "...I believe that singularity will be generated by post-humans... And I also believe post-humans will not only be physically and mentally enhanced, but ethics as well." I prefer ethics to morality because ethics is moral philosophy, which means that it treats the issues in question in a rigurous, (soft) scientific manner, as opposed to morality, which each manboon interprets in a different way and which, usually, degenerates or is subverted and made a mockery of by various unscrupulous organizations like organized religions and the like.

I can't say whether or not post-humans will appear before the technological singularity, but I would venture a guess that if they don't appear before, there will be little need for them to appear after. Without the luddites holding science back nowadays, especially in the area of genetics, the chances of post-humans definitely appearing before the singularity would be greatly increased.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom