Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok bros - anyone of you has got a seve with EXTREME (Renegade) Shepard (ok, ok may be Paragon) that meets the following conditions:

* Wrex lives
* Maelon Data Saved
* Geth reprogrammed
* Tali reconciled with Legion.

I ask because am about to replay this "pearl" and I wonder how much the story (i.e. pointless fluff) changes with those items on the list checked.

EDIT: If there is some noble soul who spares me his saves, could he upload the entire save folder, and not one save file. It appears ME3 won't acknowledge a single file during export - it doesn't even show it on the screen... unless I am missing something.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Final hours of Mass Effect
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272

"Lots of speculation for Everyone!"

On Deciding the End of the Game
The illusive man boss fight had been scrapped... but there was still much debate. 'One night walters scribbled down some thought on various ways the game could end with the line "Lots of speculation for Everyone!" at the bottom of the page.'

In truth the final bits of dialogue were debated right up until the end of 2011. Martin sheen's voice-over session for the illusive man, originally scheduled for August, was delayed until mid-November so the writers would have more time to finesse the ending.

And even in November the gameplay team was still experimenting with an endgame sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's movement and fall under full reaper control. (This sequence was dropped because the gaemplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement alongside dialogue choices).

:what:

CROmagnon

Augur
Final hours of Mass Effect
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272

"Lots of speculation for Everyone!"

Check out Macks notes, how he planned the ending.

Do you see this MCA? This is how you plan and write a strory, are you listening?

:mca:

Oh, you're not. OK then.

But seriously either Mac Walters is that Prosper guy that posts that weird shit here on the 'Dex or they share the same fucking disease.

dumuh

Educated
Ok bros - anyone of you has got a seve with EXTREME (Renegade) Shepard (ok, ok may be Paragon) that meets the following conditions:

* Wrex lives
* Maelon Data Saved
* Geth reprogrammed
* Tali reconciled with Legion.

I ask because am about to replay this "pearl" and I wonder how much the story (i.e. pointless fluff) changes with those items on the list checked.

EDIT: If there is some noble soul who spares me his saves, could he upload the entire save folder, and not one save file. It appears ME3 won't acknowledge a single file during export - it doesn't even show it on the screen... unless I am missing something.

Doesn't matter how many renegade or paragon points you have in ME3 because you get both options so long as you meet the combined minimum of both.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

It does acknowledge a single quicksave file, that much I can tell you. You just have to create a folder entitled "Eve_30_Vanguard_230110" (or something like that :P) inside your Mass Effect 2 saves folder.

TNO

Augur
This is epic. Although I'm a bit disappointed that my narratological talents are wasted on dissecting ME3. I mean, when your ending is so bad all the biodrones are out to get you...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
nowords.jpg

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The Mass Effect series should have been all about Shepard becoming the first human Specter - traveling through the galaxy and solving problems in human fashion a.i. by shooting people in the face while shagging blue alien butt. You know, generally being awesome. Fuck the Reapers, most boring piece of hack writing I ever saw.

+1. All this reaper BS is so pointless and boring....

Grimlorn

Arcane
So all the hints at indoctrination are just really bad design decisions. I love it.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Bros, I was just hoping for a majestic popamole (I liked ME2, sue me).

At first I raged because of retarded LOST starkid ending and massive lorerape.

But this... this is totally worth it... the butthurt of the decade... fucking beautiful.

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

Bioware delivers.

dumuh

Educated
I'm inclined to believe the indoctrination theory because quite a bit in the game my Shepard takes control of himself and says really stupid things.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
You know what? The codex has finally been vindicated. Soon all of BSN will flock to our banners, and our numbers will block out the sun. It only took 2 sucky games for the biodrones to see the inherent tackiness in Bioware's writing, the plot holes and the loops. They just needed that final spark to have them think the story through on a different level, looking for explanations for the ending, to see that bioware's writing has never been that great.

Truly this is the dawn of a new age for the codex, the post-volourn era. Volly was indoctrinated a long time ago, even though he thinks he still has control over his own mind. Nay, this is a time where Synthetics (The heartless, cynical hivemind of the codex) and Organics (The weak-willed, mushy and emotional biodrones) will join together to demand RPG perfection.

Clearly the ending of Mass Effect 3 predicted this. Bioware has always stood for excellence in the RPG department, even if they seldom delivered on their stance. This is their way of pushing the market forward. Hats off to bioware.

CROmagnon

Augur
You know what? The codex has finally been vindicated. Soon all of BSN will flock to our banners, and our numbers will block out the sun. It only took 2 sucky games for the biodrones to see the inherent tackiness in Bioware's writing, the plot holes and the loops. They just needed that final spark to have them think the story through on a different level, looking for explanations for the ending, to see that bioware's writing has never been that great.

Truly this is the dawn of a new age for the codex, the post-volourn era. Volly was indoctrinated a long time ago, even though he thinks he still has control over his own mind. Nay, this is a time where Synthetics (The heartless, cynical hivemind of the codex) and Organics (The weak-willed, mushy and emotional biodrones) will join together to demand RPG perfection.

Clearly the ending of Mass Effect 3 predicted this. Bioware has always stood for excellence in the RPG department, even if they seldom delivered on their stance. This is their way of pushing the market forward. Hats off to bioware.

Amen to that BRO!

:bro:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Remember this date folks. Today is the day Wasteland 2 became reality and Bioware delivered the last nail to it's own coffin.

The dawn of a new era.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom