Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
28qud5t.jpg

Troll?
A Wang is being waved at BioWare.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I only wanted more of ME2 :( /andyman mode

Why? Gameplaywise what does ME2 have that ME3 doesn't? Storywise they are both pretty derp... So why the sad face?

I dunno, my memory may be faulty, but I enjoyed the overall tone of ME2 much more. It was more... relaxed and light-hearted, I guess? The concept of the suicide mission was good too, even if Bioware-linear-with-a-ridiculous-boss-fight-on-top, and the abduction of your crew. Also, and I'm not really coming out of the closet here since I admitted this before, but I enjoyed the characters, missions and writing in ME2. :oops: Much less so in ME3 -- too much derp, can't even switch the brain off.

I agree that small bits and pieces in ME2 were executed quite good, but the overly leisurely tone didn't match the pressure the main narrative was supposed to instill in you - saving colonies, not babysitting your crew. Yesterday, I've read very good article, as to why the main story arc in ME 2 is faulty at best:

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=7004

In general, I too enjoyed the slower pace of ME2, but it would fit better in some spin off set in the same universe e.g. one where you command a group of mercenaries doing some dirty work for Cerberus or Alliance, with some leisure time for the rest of the crew. Putting Shepard in it with for no reason the motivations that he had was just... o_O

Combat-wise, though, ME3 is okay... except for the Banshee, ugh. And turrets. Fucking turrets rising out of nowhere. Also, I had to rely on this Vega guy as a tank... character-wise he sucks. Why the fuck did they even introduce him?

Banshees are really OP - they are a little easier to take down with a biotic and a GOOD Sniper rifle (e.g. Black Widow), and biotic ammo (tacked-on skill) but the last fight in the game with them in, on Insane was just trolling. I hate fighting Reapers in Multi just because of them.

Turrets though? There's nothing hard about the turrets - though I played ranged oriented Adept so I can't really tell how painfull it must have been for a Vanguard.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
[URL]http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=7004[/url]

In general, I too enjoyed the slower pace of ME2, but it would fit better in some spin off set in the same universe e.g. one where you command a group of mercenaries doing some dirty work for Cerberus or Alliance, with some leisure time for the rest of the crew. Putting Shepard in it with for no reason the motivations that he had was just... o_O

Thanks, I'll give that a read. Truth be told, however, I just... don't care that the tone didn't fit the story. :P In fact, I'd rather ask: story? there was a fucking story? I thought it was all about a group of space bros and sises hanging out together and then killing some stupid terminator boss for the lulz. Me likes.

the last fight in the game with them in, on Insane was just trolling

Heh, tell me about it. As a Vanguard, I'm supposed to be running at enemies, not from them FFS!

Turrets though? There's nothing hard about the turrets - though I played ranged oriented Adept so I can't really tell how painfull it must have been for a Vanguard.

The turrets were somewhat of a pain for me (much less so than the Banshee, though) since I always found them behind me when rushing around the battlefield. In contrast, the enemy grenades were never as much of a problem to me as they were to you (I assume).

Crooked Bra, why not join our ME3 multi brosquad - assuming you actually removed from inventory.

Thanks, Ed, but I don't feel like playing MP. It tends to take up too much of my time, and I don't have that much currently.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Thanks, I'll give that a read. Truth be told, however, I just... don't care that the tone didn't fit the story. :p In fact, I'd rather ask: story? there was a fucking story? I thought it was all about a group of space bros and sises hanging out together and then killing some stupid terminator boss for the lulz. Me likes.

Fair enough. Truth be told, I share your view, and liked the game for what it was. However, being a major storyfag I can't help rolling eyes at what Bio did there and in ME3.
:lol:

The turrets were somewhat of a pain for me (much less so than the Banshee, though) since I always found them behind me when rushing around the battlefield. In contrast, the enemy grenades were never as much of a problem to me as they were to you (I assume).

Yeah, imagine that you are sitting somewhere, leisurely sniping moles from behind boxes made of Adamantium, when you suddenly start hearing fast beeping noise from under your arse. Before you get your act together with the sniper rifle and all you are already on fire...

Crooked Bra, why not join our ME3 multi brosquad - assuming you actually removed from inventory.

Thanks, Ed, but I don't feel like playing MP. It tends to take up too much of my time, and I don't have that much currently.

Awww... :(

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Just completed the game and enjoyed it immensly (yes, the endings too). Will start a new playthrough with different class later this evening, fuck the haters.

:yeah:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yesterday, I've read very good article, as to why the main story arc in ME 2 is faulty at best:

Great article, and it matches my opinion of the game pretty well. While it's a terrible followup to ME1, it's still a pretty fun game. A few of those problems hadn't even occurred to me, too. Like having the Cerberus logo in the Normandy. And none of the plot holes the article addresses are even brought up in ME3; I still have no idea what the fuck was up with that human reaper. You'd think Bioware would remember to resolve the mystery that the previous game was built around, but no.

Banshees are really OP - they are a little easier to take down with a biotic and a GOOD Sniper rifle (e.g. Black Widow), and biotic ammo (tacked-on skill) but the last fight in the game with them in, on Insane was just trolling. I hate fighting Reapers in Multi just because of them.

Vanguards tend to charge into the fray with shotgun in hand, and if there's a turret somewhere you can't see, you're dead before you can charge again. And often before you even realize there was a turret because they're hard to spot and they don't make very much noise.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Just completed the game and enjoyed it immensly (yes, the endings too). Will start a new playthrough with different class later this evening, fuck the haters.

Looks like you have been staring at code for too long.
He's lying to himself. Give him a day or so and he will start questioning the if the kid was real and such shit.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The Mass Effect series should have been all about Shepard becoming the first human Specter - traveling through the galaxy and solving problems in human fashion a.i. by shooting people in the face while shagging blue alien butt. You know, generally being awesome. Fuck the Reapers, most boring piece of hack writing I ever saw.

Sul

Savant
Superior gameplay, the best of the series in this regard, story and characters are utterly retarded. Liked the Mass Effect 1 "80's sci-fi show about a space cop trekking through the galaxy" atmosphere more than this EPIC bullshit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The Mass Effect series should have been all about Shepard becoming the first human Specter - traveling through the galaxy and solving problems in human fashion a.i. by shooting people in the face while shagging blue alien butt, you know. You know, generally being awesome. Fuck the Reapers, most boring piece of hack writing I ever saw.

Yeah. ME should have had more Geth slaughtering, alien orgies and XTREME followed by cliched one liners before and after pulling the trigger into somebody's face.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
The Mass Effect series should have been all about Shepard becoming the first human Specter - traveling through the galaxy and solving problems in human fashion a.i. by shooting people in the face while shagging blue alien butt, you know. You know, generally being awesome. Fuck the Reapers, most boring piece of hack writing I ever saw.

Yeah. ME should have had more Geth slaughtering, alien orgies and XTREME followed by cliched one liners before and after pulling the trigger into somebody's face.
Damn right Brother.
:bro:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

And spandex. Lots of spandex uniforms.

dumuh

Educated
The Mass Effect series should have been all about Shepard becoming the first human Specter - traveling through the galaxy and solving problems in human fashion a.i. by shooting people in the face while shagging blue alien butt. You know, generally being awesome. Fuck the Reapers, most boring piece of hack writing I ever saw.
How about if the reapers turned out to be hot alien bitches and you got to shag them too? "I'm Commander ShepHARD of the SSV Casting Couch."

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
How about if the reapers turned out to be hot alien bitches and you got to shag them too? "I'm Commander ShepHARD of the SSV Casting Couch."
Wise Old Man "You cannot comprehend their reason, Commander."
Shepard "As long as is has tits and ass I don't give a fuck."
Wise Old Man "What does that mean?"
*Shepard shoots the Wise Old Man in the face*
Shepard "Life conquers all."
Lame as fuck, I know.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Uploaded - 6 July 2011
+ ME3 ending picture.
+ Starchild.
+ Changing colors.

A coincidence?
Do we have a proper emoticon for this kind of mindfuck?

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
They should add an 18+ DLC sexscene with Yvonne Strahovski to the game tbh. Might make it worthwhile. Would beat the hell out of dryhumping animated character models. Think about it, it's the next step in Bioware's evolution.

YvonneStrahovski-Chuck251.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom