Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

MapMan

Arcane
So the only difference is the wave color or what? I dont understand the outrage behind those endings, the whole story sucked since ME1 day 1 and people are realising this just now? I really would love a short explaination WHY exactly there is such a huge shitstorm amongst the reta... fans of ME.

Peter

Arcane
So the only difference is the wave color or what? I dont understand the outrage behind those endings, the whole story sucked since ME1 day 1 and people are realising this just now? I really would love a short explaination WHY exactly there is such a huge shitstorm amongst the reta... fans of ME.

Yeah, this. I saw the vid before, but I still don't quite understand the butthurt. Fake C&C in a Bioware game? You don't say...

GreyViper

Prophet
Maybe they messed up and meant that the 4th game will explain it all. *sigh* They could have done this simpler, by saying no this isnt the final ending and these endings take palce in Shepards mind. You know frack it, I dont even care, its just a game and I have others games that need finishing.

PS. I still like the the joke that colorblinds have only one ending. :cool:

Kraszu

Prophet

Yeah, this. I saw the vid before, but I still don't quite understand the butthurt. Fake C&C in a Bioware game? You don't say...

I suppose you really need to play the whole game or at least see the previous 15 minutes prior to the cutscene to understand, but even someone who played ME1 or the ME2 DLC should spot some massive plot holes in that vid.

The colors are wrong?

Bros, bros! Basking in emotional engagements, it seems everyone has forgotten that Shepperd S. Shepperd could die at the end of ME2, and ME3 was advertised to be playable by some other EXTREME Space Jesus. Anything came of it?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bros, bros! Basking in emotional engagements, it seems everyone has forgotten that Shepperd S. Shepperd could die at the end of ME2, and ME3 was advertised to be playable by some other EXTREME Space Jesus. Anything came of it?
Now it all makes sense! If Shepard S. Shepard dies at the end of ME2, Marauder Shields wouldn't get the opportunity to face his nemessis. So, in the deal he made with the Reapers, Marauder Shields asked for Shepard S. Shepard to be revived after his death at the end of ME2 so that the epic face-off could happen in the final moments of ME3. See, Marauder Shields is the key to filling those nagging plot holes.

CROmagnon

Augur

Yes. If Shapard dies in ME2 you play as Lieutenant Herder, Shepards cousin, who is just like Shep, only gay. You only get gay romance options, and at the end you get a fourth choice. You can push a button that is in collors of the rainbow, and instead of blue/red/green energy, the Citated releases a pink energy pulse and the Reapers and the entire galaxy become FABOLOUS.

Yes. If Shapard dies in ME2 you play as Lieutenant Herder, Shepards cousin, who is just like Shep, only gay. You only get gay romance options, and at the end you get a fourth choice. You can push a button that is in collors of the rainbow, and instead of blue/red/green energy, the Citated releases a pink energy pulse and the Reapers and the entire galaxy become FABOLOUS.
Totally replaying ME2 for this! :bounce:

No, they admitted it was bullshit several months ago.
Awww... :(

28qud5t.jpg

Troll?

curry

Arcane
I only wanted more of ME2 :( /andyman mode

Why? Gameplaywise what does ME2 have that ME3 doesn't? Storywise they are both pretty derp... So why the sad face?

ME2 had better combat, more variety in enemies and had to think about tactics (on Insanity) because of the different layers of defense. In ME3 the enemies are "tough" only because the Mechs, Brutes and Banshees have a lot of armor. It gets tedious fast.

Bioware said ME3 has less Squadmates than ME2 because they have more depth but they don't. They don't even have their own side quests.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ME2 had better combat, more variety in enemies and had to think about tactics (on Insanity) because of the different layers of defense. In ME3 the enemies are "tough" only because the Mechs, Brutes and Banshees have a lot of armor. It gets tedious fast.
Those layers of defense are still there and are still taken down the same ways. I can't speak for Insanity but on Normal the level of challenge is very fair and actually somewhat steep during the endgame, without becoming an annoying grind. Definitely doesn't feel like HP bloat on that setting to me. Something tells me they didn't spend much time balancing things for the higher difficulty levels.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Why? Gameplaywise what does ME2 have that ME3 doesn't? Storywise they are both pretty derp... So why the sad face?

I dunno, my memory may be faulty, but I enjoyed the overall tone of ME2 much more. It was more... relaxed and light-hearted, I guess? The concept of the suicide mission was good too, even if Bioware-linear-with-a-ridiculous-boss-fight-on-top, and the abduction of your crew. Also, and I'm not really coming out of the closet here since I admitted this before, but I enjoyed the characters, missions and writing in ME2. :oops: Much less so in ME3 -- too much derp, can't even switch the brain off.

Combat-wise, though, ME3 is okay... except for the Banshee, ugh. And turrets. Fucking turrets rising out of nowhere. Also, I had to rely on this Vega guy as a tank... character-wise he sucks. Why the fuck did they even introduce him?

curry

Arcane
I can't speak for Insanity but on Normal the level of challenge is very fair and actually somewhat steep during the endgame, without becoming an annoying grind. Definitely doesn't feel like HP bloat on that setting to me. Something tells me they didn't spend much time balancing things for the higher difficulty levels.

Well, Normal is just way too easy for me, you can basically just smash X and awesome stuff will happen enemies will explode. Hardcore and Insanity don't make combat much more difficult per se, you'll just have to run away from the Mechs and Banshees when they get close and get more ammo.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Bioware said ME3 has less Squadmates than ME2 because they have more depth but they don't. They don't even have their own side quests.

Really? Because for me it's the other way round - the enemies in ME 2 were all the same to me, and once you snuck behind cover you could sit there till kingdom come. Now at least you have to move your three letters from time to time as they use granades, smokescreens, lay down turrets, repair machines (e.g. Atlas) use advanced Biotics, dodge your abilities, and so on. IMO, gameplay in ME3 improved significantly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, I had to rely on this Vega guy as a tank... character-wise he sucks. Why the fuck did they even introduce him?

To be a tank. Also they promised to give Freddie Prinze Jr. a role after he went out with Hepler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom