Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I asked them...in what sense is it even "roleplaying"(as in family therapy) when you are using lines given out by Bioware.

To be honest it is the same in all modern cRPGs... even when most developers still have decency to to add 3 options instead of Two. :D

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I asked them...in what sense is it even "roleplaying"(as in family therapy) when you are using lines given out by Bioware.

To be honest it is the same in all modern cRPGs... even when most developers still have decency to to add 3 options instead of Two. :D

Excactly...CRPG's can't do the role play part( maybe if you provide enough potential dialogue that actually does something you can add a smattering) but CRPG focus on the rest of the stuff that actually can be implemented. (RPG is the most unfortunate named jargon in the history of gaming anything, it SHOULDNT be but these are mental midgets who probably also thinks DPRK is democratic and they got a marketshare).

So...Yes...that's the thing...they are storyfags, they have bankrupted the genre by demanding Romances and "Deep meaningful stories" and stats are in the way, and were there originallyy because...ehm....hardware couldn't calculate modifiers?(or some other bullshit which you can pick and choose from).

Anyway...this fucking focus on story is called "ROLEPLAYING"! the game part might as well be ludo because tying the role to the character dynamic is just unheard of and because with that retarded Storymode...its clear all they want is a fucking DIY adventure.

And that is my presentation to the class on why I hate STORYFAGS!

(ehm...didnt mean to brofist you, not that...meh keep it)

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
fine lets just let the next bioware game be Couples Effect. Where you play a Male/Female trying to pick up and fall in love with another game character..lol

I'm sorry you have no interest in the role-playing part of "RPG". I hear there's another Halo game coming out soon, perhaps that's more to your speed.

Until then, how about you go off and play while those of us who actually DO like to role-play our particular Shepards have a discussion, mmkay?

:lol:

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
wZr54.gif

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
they're not going to get butthurt about it, I think

hiver

Ive just read the only reply to this chart....just felt curious as to what replies might be... and i feel very depressed about humanity.

hiver

jesus fucking christ... there are actually people who cannot understand a simple chart like that....

youre so god damn stuuupiiiiddddd. you fucking idiot.

hiver

A reply as stupid as that premise.

The chart doesnt say that "reapers have to make an AI".... it covers both if they are and if they are not.
To not see that basic starting point stuff and then go on to say in the first few lines that "you can kill the flowchart at the first branch" hahaha.... oh... ho ho ho...

Dantus12

Educated

hiver

A reply as stupid as that premise.

The chart doesnt say that "reapers have to make an AI".... it covers both if they are and if they are not.
To not see that basic starting point stuff and then go on to say in the first few lines that "you can kill the flowchart at the first branch" hahaha.... oh... ho ho ho...

Hey, dumbfuck, I'm disputing the conclusion. Maybe YOU should read the motherfucking flowchart.
You cant dispute the conclusion turdbrain - when youre starting premise is false... you fucking moron.

Trace straight down to NO.

AI rebellions destroying civilizations not inevitable. FALSE, for the reasons I stated.
You did not state any reasons why that should be false... youre so ... unbelievably stupid!
Youre a fucking brain malfunctioning internet retard.

Just because they haven't had them doesn't mean they won't, or that every society before them didn't.
Who havent had them?
A what?
Reapers? Ais?

And where the fuck are they, smart guy?
Who?

So imagine they weren't destroyed YET, but realized all the dangers, and ultimately built the reapers as a solution just before themselves being destroyed, combining both reapers and organics to do so. That single case foils every single part of the flow chart, the flow chart is just pointless masturbation.
A what? Who built reapers? the reapers built the reapers?
Some other moron race that had the genius idea to make some synthetics to wipe out all organic life so... that organic life could not built synthetics which would wipe out all organic life?

Well, forget it, into the ignore with you.

Where do you think youre going?

RPGMaster

Savant
Oh yeah here's Gaider's butthurt reply:

262432v.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom