Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I don't know what the smart man is talking about but it's likely the same kind of sterling logic that uses ten pages of the finest english doctorate quality analysis to tell us why mass effect is the best science fiction series in the history of mankind, and if you cannot talk smart like him you are wrong about the mass effect because he has used the smart to be correct

he's probably one personality shift away from speaking about himself in the third person constantly

hahaha just kidding I don't think that posting just for the sake of talking yourself up and saying how your arguments are irrefutable and the ones he's seeing are beneath him, I don't think that is smart at all hahahaha seriously guys I really got you good there

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Yeah, it seems unfair that they have had no enjoyment from our site and yet we have amassed nearly 280 pages of enjoyment from their community

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, it seems unfair that they have had no enjoyment from our site and yet we have amassed nearly 280 pages of enjoyment from their community
And to think of the regular "Codex is getting bored" complaints, if only we could get those intellectual giants to share with us their tricks of the trade.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
a lot of these clever fellows and their posts remind me of Roger Ebert criticizing games actually

clearly here is a smart man who knows words and all but scholarly knowledge only goes so far towards getting the point and getting the fact that you have one across

see my recent BTE gamestudies posts for related context

I would value a gamespy poster's opinion if he made his case well enough, without the express need for "order versus chaos" analysis to come into the occasion and give him free rein to mist self-validating vapor all over his posts

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm upset that BSn has dismissed us...

For some reason I also translate "BSN" as Bullshit News before remembering we're discussing Bioware again. Makes it hard to take their valid, informed and unbiased opnions seriously :(

Monk

Arcane
Oh come on, it has the same problem as the rest of these videos, namely that it expects you to believe that all three games are perfect apart from the final ending sucking and all the outrage is a result of that.

But it's not, so it's not.

The issue isn't even perfection, just logic.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The ending DLC will have Shepard sitting on a chair, in the middle of the void, thinking of his decisions and full of self-loathing. Then every squad member will appear, and tell him: "Congratulations!". The End.

Just wait and see :p
While Shepard sits on the chair, will the narrator say, "And unto this, Shepard, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Earth on a troubled brow..."?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The ending DLC will have Shepard sitting on a chair, in the middle of the void, thinking of his decisions and full of self-loathing. Then every squad member will appear, and tell him: "Congratulations!". The End.

Just wait and see :p
While Shepard sits on the chair, will the narrator say, "And unto this, Shepard, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Earth on a troubled brow..."?
You didn't get the reference, did you?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
bros I think it is a shame that Wyrmlord doesn't have the time for anime, I for one would welcome his personal interpretation of the Ghost in the Shell series

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Star Wars: The Old Republic not losing subscribers, says dev

BioWare's massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic is not suffering subscriber defections, according to project lead designer Daniel Erickson.

The Old Republic isn't shedding subscribers, claims BioWare.

Speaking to PC Gamer, Erickson claims subscriber numbers have not dipped, but concurrent users during peak play times have. This, Erickson said, is why players may have experienced "light" server populations.

mcx-refuse-to-listen-0210-de-95155624-300x225.jpg

Also:

Additionally, Erickson responded to criticisms of BioWare being slow to create new end-game content. He said because The Old Republic is a fully-voiced MMORPG, creating quests takes a big longer, though he said, "We're getting sprier all the time."

96%20Yeah%20right%20stormtroopers%20dont%20have%20tattoos_thumb.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
They are only able to say subscribers haven't dipped because they just gave a bunch of them a free month.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What the hell?

I noticed SGC just earned a Brofist on this page.

He had 740 yesterday.

He has 810 today.

WTF?

Does this guy log into the Codex everyday and see 70 Alerts telling him of the 70 Brofists he has received. That's not human. That's divine.

Hegel

Arcane
What if Bioware wanted to blend ME and DA together. The Reapers were doing what they did in order to prevent the Darkspawns' rise, in turn the Normandy just crashed someplace in the middle of the Korcari Wilds.
Recruit Joker and EDI in your quest to get the world rid of every single Archdemon.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

:yeah:
Some of those plot holes he points out are so awesome they make me want to touch myself.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well that's much better than Part 1 at least. Nice collection of plotholes there - although I've already said this, Mass Effect overarching plot (and all consecutive plots by proxy) hinges on everyone being a bunch of retards.

Regdar

Arcane
ME follows, for the most part, the path of the hero's journey. As such, it's not subject to any kind of logical scrutiny. It's supposed to make sense just enough to suspend disbelief.

Angthoron

Arcane
ME follows, for the most part, the path of the hero's journey. As such, it's not subject to any kind of logical scrutiny. It's supposed to make sense just enough to suspend disbelief.
Well oops, too bad that the monomyth is a descriptive method for analyzing ancient mythologies then, and applying it prescriptively to modern fiction ends up like it does in BioWare games.

Also, ME lacks: Refusal, Meeting, Temptress, Atonement, and pretty much the whole of Return stage of the Journey except the Flight and the Rescue (and with some slight extension, possibly Refusal of Return). So there's that.

Regdar

Arcane
I didn't say it was any good, I'm just saying that it's pretty clear what the writers were aiming for. Trust me bros, few people have less faith in Bioware writers than I do, and even I don't think they're that stupid. Like I said, their goal was to make it "believable enough" - which they did, in my opinion, as evidenced by the fact that most of these plot holes aren't apparent to someone playing the game for the first time, just like the possibility of flying to Mordor on giant eagles isn't apparent to anyone who's read the beginning of Two Towers. As long as suspension of disbelief isn't broken, anything goes.

Also, ME lacks: Refusal, Meeting, Temptress, Atonement, and pretty much the whole of Return stage of the Journey except the Flight and the Rescue (and with some slight extension, possibly Refusal of Return). So there's that.

How does Bioware accomplish Temptress, exactly? Oh God the implications are enough to spawn a 250 page thread on its own. :lol:

You do go back to the start of the journey (ME begins with a view of Earth, ending of ME3 is a war-torn Earth) to confront the main villain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom