Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've never watched an angry joe video, does he always talk like he's doing a history channel documentary on the holocaust?
Edit: all this shit sounds familiar...
Edit2: why the fuck am I still watching videos about this game. God dammit bioware.

Hegel

Arcane
Would be much cooler if the new ending featured the allied fleet defeating the Reapers with Shepard leading them. Right before the cutscenes, Shepard says: "It looks like their attempt at destroying our universe had *puts on shades* Reapercussions" :yeah:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

Liara: "Shepard! I can't believe you're not taking this seriously!"
Shepard: (turns slowly) "...these are my serious glasses."
Jacob: (entering bridge) "We're about to engage. Anyone see my serious glasses?"

-laugh track-

When bioware tanks I want volition to buy the mass effect license

and turn it into Spectre's Row

beating krogans with a multi headed hanar dildo while wearing a protean mask and absolutely nothing else
hell yes citadel streaking minigame do it with several geth wearing women's clothing for credit multiplier bonus

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That video should be mandatory to watch at every developing studio as a clear example of how to completely and utterly fuck a million-making franchise.

J1M

Arcane
The only thing here that makes sense (aside from 'make something cheaply') is EA/Bioware planning this controversy and DLC ending 'fix' as a way to reduce game trade-ins. If someone is holding on to their copy to get the free DLC in a month or two, then only new copies are being sold.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I finished the game this wekend. A lot of things bugged me too.At first, I thought I had gone too fast or not payed enough attention : what, the whole point of the reapers is to kill us so that ... robots don't kill us ?It can't be that stupid.

Checked it out online, yup, it is.

Then there is the indoctrination theory. The last 10minutes were a dream induced by the reaper attempting to force you in the Control or Synthesis ending. This probably too deep for being something that Bioware has touhght of or dared to put in a game that basically ended up as a sci-fi Call of Duty. It's just fucking impossible for them not to do something compeletely straightforward these days.

Still, although I know it is bullshit, I chose to believe it : why?Because it's the only thing that can make sense. It still sucks because it gives the story no proper ending, but it's still something. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Monkey Island 2 ending which was basically it.

But I doubt they were trying to copy its effect. In fact, it looks like they tried to apply the exact same ending choices found in Deus Ex endings. INFIDELS.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
The expanded ending should do a reverse rapid cut montage back to the intro of ME2 with Shepard's charred body on a Cerberus operating table hooked up to life support, sputtering and leaking vital fluids from numerous holes. He can hear and think but nothing else. Miranda Lawson opens up a communication link witht he Illusive Man and goes "Yeah there's nothing more we can do here, I've kept him sedated but his system has grown resistant to the drugs and we can't decypher the Beacon readings from his memories." Then the Illusive Man tells her to abandon the base and go into hiding, she shuts off all the base equipment except for the life support, cranks up the sedative levels and starts walking out the door, "I'm sorry Shepard."

Fade to black.

Then Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, the Docs and Hepler all appear on screen and flip off the player, then strip down naked and grind on each other in a kiddie pool with a label reading"Biodrone Tears" on it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yes, well, once you start spending your time playing BioWare games and talking to BioDrones, you'll be fucking shocked anyone knows how to use the potty let alone know universal fucking concepts.

RPGMaster

Savant
The thing I hated most about the ending was that Joker appeared in the flashback even though my Shepard hated that motherfucker.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sorry RPGMaster. Joker is handicapped AND a sexual deviant. As per Bioware directive 38746.138-4B you are not allowed to dislike him.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Biodrones agreeing with a negative review? Truly these are the end times.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The only thing here that makes sense (aside from 'make something cheaply') is EA/Bioware planning this controversy and DLC ending 'fix' as a way to reduce game trade-ins.
Wan't this the point of the MP though? And anyway it' doing a far better job at it, especially since you can't buy an MP pass for a used PC version. And it's actually better than the SP. AND they're releasing free content quite regularly.

Really, the ending thing is just a disaster.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The ending DLC will have Shepard sitting on a chair, in the middle of the void, thinking of his decisions and full of self-loathing. Then every squad member will appear, and tell him: "Congratulations!". The End.

Just wait and see :P

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The ending DLC will have Shepard sitting on a chair, in the middle of the void, thinking of his decisions and full of self-loathing. Then every squad member will appear, and tell him: "Congratulations!". The End.

Just wait and see :p

Actually since this is the revised ending it should have Shepard masturbating furiously over the comatose Asuka Tali in a QTE sequence

I expect the Talimancers to reload and play that scene at least 100 times

BTW that Amioran guy is so butthurt it's pretty lulzy

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Not gonna lie, I decided not to read this solely because it came from rpg codex; that forum is even worse than this one, which is a truly astounding achievement
same poster:
I don't think that they can be described as elitists, they're just lonely nerds who spam smilies and reaction images from 4chan in an attempt to be funny. I finally read the review despite my initial trepidation and I enjoyed it, the author employed a nice vocabulary that never felt forced, why can't the rest of the site be like that?
others:
He didn't like Kirrahe's Hold the Line speech. His opinions are invalid.
I think the reviewer was trying to find fault and did not give the game a chance so cannot trust what he said.
There's nothing in that article that's about "opinions" (all things are stated as judgments), and there are so many things wrong in it, objectively (but anyway they don't care for debate at all, so why bother?).

It is just a reharsal of some of the negative masses' opionion, nothing more. There's nothing new, nothing intelligent, nothing constructive nor technically well exposed.

But naturally people here just want this "bash the ending no matter if right or wrong, if relevant or irrelevant, if well exposed or not, as long as you bash it and the game (as a result for the 'bad' ending)", so all the rest (that should be the most important part) is all irrelevant.
So, no one has answered yet. What kind of game do these "esteemed gentlemen" consider to be a good game? It sounds to me like their standards are just unfeasibly high, especially when you consider the amount of development time ME3 got.
:hero:
I want to ask this TNO if he knows anything at all about the philosophical theme "order vs. chaos". It seems to me he knows nothing about it (as 90% of the people here that pretends to judge the narrative of ME, that's ENTIRELY based upon it) and lacking this knowledge all his judgements on the narrative are completely faulted from beginning, no matter if what he says can be right or wrong.

Since the reply is obviously NO (if he is not lying about it) he cannot pretend to state a judgment on a thing he has NO BACKGROUND at all upon and that's at the root of all the narrative. It would be like pretending to judge Rimbaud without knowing anything about symbolism and/or latin.

You should expect every review that can be called as such to know these things; alas that's not so.
I see that Mass Effect 3 is truly an intellectual game
:hero:
Ah yes, "RPG Codex." An obscure hive of elitists engaging in feigned highbrow criticism to mask its collective inability to enjoy any game newer than Fallout. We have dismissed this site.

Bioware Social Network

Angthoron

Arcane
I want to ask this TNO if he knows anything at all about the philosophical theme "order vs. chaos". It seems to me he knows nothing about it (as 90% of the people here that pretends to judge the narrative of ME, that's ENTIRELY based upon it) and lacking this knowledge all his judgements on the narrative are completely faulted from beginning, no matter if what he says can be right or wrong.

Since the reply is obviously NO (if he is not lying about it) he cannot pretend to state a judgment on a thing he has NO BACKGROUND at all upon and that's at the root of all the narrative. It would be like pretending to judge Rimbaud without knowing anything about symbolism and/or latin.

You should expect every review that can be called as such to know these things; alas that's not so.
Bioware Social Network

Bah, before M4BE1RO modded his post, my response was actually to that. So I'll respond again: once you start spending your time playing BioWare games and talking to BioDrones, you'll be fucking shocked anyone knows how to use the potty let alone know universal fucking concepts.

Unit Angthoron Post Count Has Become Stronger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom