Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
[SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Hopefully the new epilogue popup box says that the incredible energies teleported shepard away into a different universe strangely like our own, but with amnesia

then browser window opens up:

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC, COMMANDER! In your free player's account we have recreated your very own Shepard's appearance, class and starting equipment from your Mass Effect 3 savegame data. See you in the Old Republic!

hiver

How much are they charging for it?

It's free for those who get it within two years.
Thats a shame... but, on the brighter side... seeing how they were forced to create all that content and basically pay for it themselves (im sure EA overlords look at that spreadsheet with joy) .... it is a satisfaction of sorts.
Now if only the lead devs would all get fired... that would feel better.
Some second tier schmucks will probably be served as scape goats though...

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
How much are they charging for it?

It's free for those who get it within two years.
Thats a shame... but, on the brighter side... seeing how they were forced to create all that content and basically pay for it themselves (im sure EA overlords look at that spreadsheet with joy) .... it is a satisfaction of sorts.
only if people still hate it, which, knowing the fanbase...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It's gonna be shit. They are keeping the Starchild crap.

Fucking morons, could has easily slipped in the Indoctrination theory and made extra monies.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Fucking morons, could has easily slipped in the Indoctrination theory and made extra monies.
This, then be called the BEST DEV EVAR. Still, I was eagerly waiting for the release of ME3:EC, it will deliver some quality entertainment :troll:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am very excited at the idea of the release. I do not care much about the ending, but there is going to be SO MUCH BUTTHURT on the Bioware forums !
Trolls, warm your keyboards !
:greatjob:

Notorious

Augur

Yeah but they would loose any credibility they may have left. I mean who but the most dumbest nuts in the world would think that bioware could pull off such a convoluted thing as described in the Indoctrination theory. I mean so many things play together they would have mentioned it at least at one time in some interview, describing that they made this amazing thing with so many rich details. It's just an average conspiracy theory, were parts are connected which don't have anything to do with each other.

My best guess is, that they will be going for an similar "nothing is answered" ending, just a bit longer. And as we know bioware, it's gonna be shit.

Deleted member 7219

The indoctrination theory isn't a conspiracy theory though, it is well reasoned and has evidence to support it in the games themselves. You hear a lot about indoctrination, whether it be Sovereign/Saren/Benezia in ME1, the derelict Reaper in ME2, Dr. Amanda Kenson in Arrival. You're told that hallucinations, strange noises etc are signs of indoctrination. In Arrival Shepard makes close contact with a Reaper device. In ME3 she starts seeing a boy, first on Earth where nobody else sees him, then in her dreams as she travels the galaxy. Then, at the end, she starts seeing stuff as she makes her way to the teleporter. Once on the Citadel she and Anderson see some weird shit before they get to the Illusive Man. There's YouTube videos which explain this better, but that is all the stuff that immediately springs to mind.

Now, if all that actually meant something, which is Shepard is still on Earth, or somewhere else, and the awful nonsense of the Starchild, sub-Battlestar Galactica, same ending was all part of the Reaper indoctrination, it still wouldn't be the ending the series deserved but it would have been a whole lot better than what we actually got. It would mean ME4 or whatever post-release DLC for ME3 could give players a proper ending to the Shepard saga before introducing something new for the Mass Effect universe.

Brinko

Arcane
Here's my question, are Bioware going to port all the MP weapons and other stupid shit over to the SP campaign? I can't imagine they wouldn't as it would rake them in enough cash to probably cover the losses from doing this extended ending crap.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
stone.png

Notorious

Augur
Now, if all that actually meant something, which is Shepard is still on Earth, or somewhere else, and the awful nonsense of the Starchild, sub-Battlestar Galactica, same ending was all part of the Reaper indoctrination, it still wouldn't be the ending the series deserved but it would have been a whole lot better than what we actually got. It would mean ME4 or whatever post-release DLC for ME3 could give players a proper ending to the Shepard saga before introducing something new for the Mass Effect universe.

I don't agree. Even if it's all true and intended (And I very much doubt it is), it still would be a very bad ending. I mean it would be like you gave Star Wars (Or Star Trek, but I always felt ME2-3 was more like SW) a 2001 Space Odyssey Ending (Only with much worse writing). It just doesn't fit... at all, because the tone wasn't set throughout the series. It's just a bad excuse for cutting out content and not having to tie all the loose strings together.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
My second idea, far more poignant:

Same thing with the energy and the amnesia. EXCEPT! EXCEPT!

Shepard wakes up in a ship's seat, looking out at a blue planet.

The attendant is shaking him.
"Wake up. We're here. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?"

please insert Mass Effect 1 play disc

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It was all in the head of an autistic child...

I wish Bioware and EA was all stuck in the head of an autistic child. Maybe the insanity of the game industry dying might improve.

Course, then a autistic child must suffer the poisons of EA. Would you sacrifice an autistic child to stop EA?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

I don't agree. Even if it's all true and intended (And I very much doubt it is), it still would be a very bad ending. I mean it would be like you gave Star Wars (Or Star Trek, but I always felt ME2-3 was more like SW) a 2001 Space Odyssey Ending (Only with much worse writing). It just doesn't fit... at all, because the tone wasn't set throughout the series. It's just a bad excuse for cutting out content and not having to tie all the loose strings together.

Not to mention there's absolutely nothing subtle or complex about Bioware storytelling. Look no further than the intro where you have Alliance officials acting like 5 year old retards groveling at the feet of Shepard in order to jack the player off in the must juvenile manner imaginable or the hamfisted emotional manipulation with vent brat dying. if that wasn't enough proof, how about the whole main plot revolving around a deus ex machina that conveniently shows up a half hour into the third game of a trilogy right under the noses of our heroes, nobody knows how it works or what it does but hey, let's funnel all these critical resources into it anyway.

Deleted member 7219

Actually they mentioned in the previous game that it took the Reapers a bloody long time to defeat the Protheans. It isn't a stretch to think the Protheans may have come close to defeating them. You can wipe out a whole organic species with a virus, it was established in ME2 that you could rewrite millions of Geth using a computer virus, why not something along similar lines for the Reapers? I thought it was good to basically get every race and ship you can in one place to try and wipe them out. The Reapers' obsession with Shepard and with Earth was never explained, though.

The problem with ME3 had nothing to do with the McGuffin that you 'funnel resources' into, it was with the Starchild appearing RIGHT AT THE VERY END who looks down his nose at you, spouts a load of illogical pseudo-philosophical bullshit, and you can't tell him to go fuck himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom