Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

hiver

Ahh... jesus fucking reaper... i cant do this... synaptic damage... threshold...

guys, can someone take this one for me?
im just going to roll a cig and pretend i didnt see anything.

LALALAAAA::::LALLA::::LALA-LALALALAAAAAAAAAA!

-oh, hey, thanks notorious

- you could have mentioned a few more things and specifics but...this will have to do.

Stinger

Arcane
It'll include a unicorn dream sequence and then at the end it'll hint at the idea that Shepard had been a synthetic all along. It's art!

Rhalle

Magister
DLC ending comes out today bros!

Are you excited? I know i am. Will Bioware manage to fuck things even more? Will indoctrination fucktards finally shut up and admit Bioware fucked up? Will i have to replay the boring-ass ending sequence?

1zzho3b.jpg

Also, a plot hole and/or Ashley's vagina ate Kaidan!

Funny since he did record new V/O for it.

Alright, I've fully formulated my predictions for the EC.

Fanservice and weepy squadmate farewells-a-plenty incoming. Bioware will not change the Star Brat, of course-- and they won't because they can't. They will pad out the last twenty minutes or so with a little new VO, lots of the cut material that didn't make it into release because of time-- stuff that you can find currently on Youtube, as well as stuff that was mentioned by Patrick Weekes as being in both Priority:Earth and the RGB ending but which apparently disappeared. Bioware will tack on rendered epilogue bits that explain what happened to everyone after the final battle; they've showed us a screen of Quarians without their masks enjoying their homeworld-- that level of fanservice. As they've also shown, we will see what appears to be a post-ending bit featuring the squadmates holding a sort of memorial for Shepard on the Normandy. That's going to be it. They've said no new combat. And Shepard is dead. Dead forever.

I wonder if the cut stuff in which Anderson talks about Shepard having a child that will be just like him is going to make it back in to their final conversation. Makes it kind of impossible unless it is absolutely going to be Liara's baby, and the next main character for the next ME game will be Shepard's blue baby with her. Fanservice-par-excellence; but I don't put it past them. And the Biodrone xenophile weirdos will rejoice.

Also I thought that perhaps Biowaare would fold some of the DLC they cut out of the game that made the ending so fucking confusiing back in to the EC, but I think I underestimated Bioware's chutzpah and greed. The EC is surely maximized to please fans with respect to "saying goodbye"; but its purpose is to set them up for the SP DLC Bioware are going to waste no time rolling out, the first of which will probably be the Omega one-- if Bioware isn't suicidal. One of these SP DLCs in the pipe is almost certainly one that explains the Star Brat, llikely a mission to Klencory, which was cut from the full game for DLC, and which they expected to cause "speculation" but which instead caused the shitstorm. Perhaps the biggest hint about Star Brat will come from TIM at Cronos Station. Just a guess.

Wherever it comes, what Bioware has to do is hint just enough about it in the EC and do enough fanservice (and in the near future lie about when they actually made it), to make sure they don't casue an even bigger shitstrorm when they actually try to sell it to us.

Gonna be fun to watch.

And there you go.

Not sure why the human Reaper inspires such rage.

Because it is utterly absurd in its presentation. There's a part of me that loves it for being so self-consciously over-the-top and ridiculous; but there's another part that thinks Bioware should have done better than making a joke at their own expense at the climax of the game.

Malpercio

Arcane
I'm really curious to see how they are going to "save" all the races that survived. They're all stuck on Earth space with no way back one... either they'll use some massive asspull or completely ignore the fact that portals are fucking gone.

Rhalle

Magister
I believe they have either retracted or 'corrected' the notion that all the Mass Relays explode and leave everyone stranded. Something like "overloading is not destruction" or something.

hiver

Thats easy, they will just invent a new mcguffin and new super cool lords of the galaxy - the humans, will start building new mass relays.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
If you could "fix" the mass effect story, what would you change? What would you keep? Or do you think that it's unsalvageable?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm really curious to see how they are going to "save" all the races that survived. They're all stuck on Earth space with no way back one... either they'll use some massive asspull or completely ignore the fact that portals are fucking gone.

By the power of Derp Skull of course!

heman-castle-greyskull.jpg

hiver

No, no... the EVIL reaper relays must be destroyed and they did blew up, only they didnt destroy the systems because FUCKYEAH SHEPARD!

And now, since HUMANS are COOL AND SHIT they will make new mass relays because FUCKYEAH! USA! USA! USA!
So all of the galaxy will have to lick their asses when humans, finally become the masters of the GALAXYYYYYYY!!!!

which is what this turd of the game was all about really.

kazgar

Arcane
they've showed us a screen of Quarians without their masks enjoying their homeworld-- that level of fanservice.

They have? and it hasn't made this thread? :decline:

Wonder if its a screenshot of photoshopped stock photo characters.

Rhalle

Magister
extended_cut-05-o.jpg

As someone else observed, notice that the Geth's eye is now green, which suggests this is an epilogue screen for the "synthesis" ending. Also as someone else observed, the program is Adobe After Effects, which tells us this scene is pre-rendered and not something going on in the in-game engine.

hiver

Wasnt the synthesis end the one where all organics and synthetics melt together?

Then how the fuck is there ... anything anymore? let alone qarians and geth.

Rhalle

Magister
Then how the fuck is there ... anything anymore? let alone qarians and geth.

All it means is that organics get some robot "DNA"-- and vice versa, I guess. Everything becomes a sort of hybrid creature-- however the fuck that would happen exactly.

Guess it's some mighty powerful space magic.

250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Even understanding the Space Brat, I can't imagine how the ME Universe would go forward.

I guess it will have to be a prequel if they do anything. Hard to imagine otherwise.

Edit: However....I guess if we change galaxies, then that would sort of hit the reset button. Perhaps any ME that takes place after the events of ME3 with some of the same characters somehow travels to another galaxy, perhaps to seek out the machine enemies of the BOLs? Eh...Dunno.

hiver

If you really want a safe bet... just drop one of our new instant mini singularities on their asses.

destroy all existence mat-o-blackhole, buy two and get one free!

NhZ1f.jpg

There is no fixing it.
The whole ME "series" was just a big ripoff from numerous actual science fiction novels.
From Fred Saberhaggen Berserker series started in 1963 to Alaister Reynolds inhibitors... (their task is to inhibit the spread of intelligent life beyond individual planets or solar systems: the purpose, stated in Redemption Ark, being to shepherd the galaxy through a crisis 3 billion years (or 13 Galactic Turns) in the future)... and numerous others.

-oh wait... more from redemption Ark: They do not actively monitor the galaxy in their wait for a new star faring culture to suppress, instead they plant a series of triggers near interesting phenomena or structures in the galaxy and wait for sapient life to activate those triggers. The Cerberus object around the -

- They are called wolves by the Conjoiners, because they lurk in the blackness of interstellar space and attack in packs.

Only they tried to make it even more epic then all of that... and throw in baby jesus too :lol:

Rhalle

Magister
That's why it's so hard to accept an "artistic" ending. ME, as fun as it might be, is schlock and it steals from everywhere shamelessly. It's just not possible to claim artistic integrity and autonomy in the last 10 minutes of 150 hours of relentless imitation and outright theft.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not sure why the human Reaper inspires such rage. The Reapers need to reproduce somehow. Also, they have to have a reason to harvest every organic species in the galaxy. Doesn't it make sense that every cycle they make new editions of themselves from the races they massacre? It is much better than the Starchild's "REAPERS KILL YOU SO SYNTHETICS DON'T KILL YOU LOL" explanation.
The problem with the human reaper is that if you don't think about it at all, there's nothing wrong with it, but the more you actually do think about it the more obviously retarded it gets. There's no explanation for why the collectors need to make this reaper now, before the rest of the reapers show up and harvest the entire galaxy. There's no explanation for how reaper reproduction actually works, or if the human reaper even is reaper reproduction (EDI speculates about it, but she could easily be wrong), and ME3 doesn't address it at all. There's no explanation for why the human reaper is so much smaller than all the other models, unless it's supposed to be a ground assault model, and those are retarded for a whole other list of reasons. There's no explanation for how the human reaper survived if you nuked the collector base in the middle of the galactic core with black holes and shit all around. There's no explanation for how melting humans can produce enough material to make a fucking huge robot, especially since they haven't even melted that many robots. Fuck.

If you could "fix" the mass effect story, what would you change? What would you keep? Or do you think that it's unsalvageable?
I'd keep ME1 and throw out everything else. A decent sequel might have come out of that with some thought and effort, especially if they had emphasized RPG elements more in the sequels.

I believe they have either retracted or 'corrected' the notion that all the Mass Relays explode and leave everyone stranded. Something like "overloading is not destruction" or something.
I'm pretty sure people were basing the assumption that the relays exploded off the final cutscene, where you see a real-time view of the galaxy with the color pulse spreading faster than light and being visible from tens of thousands of lightyears away. I never seriously thought they meant that the relays blew up, it's just that they don't give a shit about physics and wanted to show something cool. The ambiguous nature of the ending left the possibility of total galactic annihilation open, so I might as well assume that's what happened.

Angthoron

Arcane
There's no explanation for how melting humans can produce enough material to make a fucking huge robot, especially since they haven't even melted that many robots. Fuck.

The Reapers use organics' iron and other metals found in blood and body otherwise to create an indestructible metal with genetic memory! This is why they're part machines and part mans. This is why they instructed their loyal servants the protheans whom they melted into giant robots before to melt humans into giant robots also. Later on, when the giant robot comes of age, it is granted an exoskeleton spaceship that is the signature of the Reaper culture. Inside the exoskeleton sits the giant robot, of course.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
There's no explanation for how melting humans can produce enough material to make a fucking huge robot, especially since they haven't even melted that many robots. Fuck.

The Reapers use organics' iron and other metals found in blood and body otherwise to create an indestructible metal with genetic memory! This is why they're part machines and part mans. This is why they instructed their loyal servants the protheans whom they melted into giant robots before to melt humans into giant robots also. Later on, when the giant robot comes of age, it is granted an exoskeleton spaceship that is the signature of the Reaper culture. Inside the exoskeleton sits the giant robot, of course.

Still better than bioware.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Thats easy, they will just invent a new mcguffin and new super cool lords of the galaxy - the humans, will start building new mass relays.

Then maybe the humans can finally exterminate the xeno scum.

Oh wait the ME is the future of humanity if you let the homosexuals and feminists win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom