Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I don't think I've ever shared this. My school's co-op work program once had two job applications for Bioware, one for working as an intern on Mass Effect 2 DLC and the other for Dragon Age 2 DLC. Back then, I loved Bioware and the only real conflict was whether I wanted to temporarily move to Alberta or not.

Dragon Age 2 came out a week before those postings closed.

I never applied.

(I was also under qualified, but hey, Dragon Age 2 is a better excuse)

What do you mean? I'm always angry and hostile as fuck towards stupid assholes.

Become monastic.
Equines are forbidden from entering the refectory.

Fun fact: this rule came about from the original rule that forbid equines from entering the rectum.
The monks sure love to experiment.

Well, no, they actually don't, you stupid fuck. They're actually quite retarded. First they forbid equines from fucking a guy up the ass and then, when that doesn't work because equines can't read signs dammit, they decide to ban equines from entering the place altogether but again, can't fucking read. They're the dumbest fucks on the planet. Their mother was a dane and their father ran away....nn. Ha, that rhymed.

Actually my understanding of the laws on animal morality was that it was less about deterrance (for the animal, anyway) and more about punishment.

If a guy fucked a horse in middle ages England, both the man and the horse would get put on trial. Of course the horse had certain language barriers to defending itself, so it would inevitably be convicted, and usually couldn't afford legal representation so the maximum penalty was also inevitable.

I'm not joking either - the horse would be tried and executed for sodomy and bestiality, full hearing and formalised sentencing process included.

You know, it just occurred to me that these days we just shoot the horse as soon as it's no longer useful for racing or whatever, no trial necessary. In the middle ages, of course, even an elderly horse was worth too much to just kill it for no reason (until it became lame, in which case it's basically euthanasia).

So how does it feel to lose your right to trial Andyman? :troll:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I share this information with the circle. Glory to the Fifth.

info.png

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
Mass Effect lead writer Mac Walters explained at a panel that the team did not anticipate the ending controversy because they believed each player would have been satisfied with their ending and not have looked for different ones.

During a Writers Guild of America panel discussing writing in video games, Walters addresses the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy and how the writing team ended up creating the red, blue, and green endings. “We felt our energy was better spent creating one good ending rather than trying to make three separate endings,” Walters begins, “Our thinking was that people would be so awed by how they thought their choices changed the ending that it didn’t matter if the other endings weren’t actually different because they would not bother looking for them.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/mass-effect-3-postmortem-we-didnt-expect-people-to-look-for-different-endings/

Fake edit - parody site

anus_pounder

Arcane
Mass Effect lead writer Mac Walters explained at a panel that the team did not anticipate the ending controversy because they believed each player would have been satisfied with their ending and not have looked for different ones.

During a Writers Guild of America panel discussing writing in video games, Walters addresses the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy and how the writing team ended up creating the red, blue, and green endings. “We felt our energy was better spent creating one good ending rather than trying to make three separate endings,” Walters begins, “Our thinking was that people would be so awed by how they thought their choices changed the ending that it didn’t matter if the other endings weren’t actually different because they would not bother looking for them.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/mass-effec...-expect-people-to-look-for-different-endings/

Fake edit - parody site

:lol: the comments on that site. People actually think its real?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

People have posted articles from p4gaming.com here believing they were genuine. It actually tells you a lot about the current state of the industry, because in a healthy environment such news would be quickly identified as obvious spoofs.

anus_pounder

Arcane

People have posted articles from p4gaming.com here believing they were genuine. It actually tells you a lot about the current state of the industry, because in a healthy environment such news would be quickly identified as obvious spoofs.

"Kaz Hirai: Our PlayStation 4 Philosophy is Same Games, Better Graphics"

touche. I would definitely believe the site was for real if someone had linked this article.

Most articles on p4gaming are genuine in a manner of speaking.

Brinko

Arcane
http://www.oxm.co.uk/53846/mass-effect-4-bioware-discusses-possible-spin-off-games/
BioWare talks possible Mass Effect spin-offs - Garrus, Illusive Man or Javik to star?

"There's so much that could be told in the Mass Effect universe."

BioWare may be done with Commander Shepard, but there are plenty of other candidates for the role of Mass Effect lead. Speaking to OXM in our new issue, on sale now, the developer's Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, Dusty Everman, Mike Gamble and Preston Watamaniuk have discussed a few of the spin-off games that might yet be.
You may want to skip this if you've yet to play the series through - there be mild spoilers ahead. Everybody clear? Right, on with the postulating.

The clear favourite for Shepard's replacement appears to be our old Turian chum Garrus, despite his insidious penchant for calibrating things. "There's so much that could be told in the Mass Effect universe," Hudson began. "It'd be cool to do something completely unrelated to the larger storyline, like a story about a private investigator on the Citadel. Or maybe something detailing Garrus' time in C-Sec."
Everman's also carrying a candle for the G-Man. "While being one of Shepard's most loyal friends, Garrus has also had some of the most driven personal goals. He's a hero in his own right, as Archangel and beyond. Who wouldn't want to see the further adventures of the bold, charming Garrus Valkarian (there's a lot of guns out there to calibrate)." Watamaniuk, however, reckons "a game centred on brutal Krogan combat with more of a melee focus could be pretty exciting". I'm sure Grunt would be up for it.
Walters can't make his mind up. "Aria. The Illusive Man. Kai Leng. Any henchman. The list goes on. I think most of them could have successful spin-offs of their own in some fashion." Aria, it's worth remembering, got storefront billing in Mass Effect 3's Omega DLC - on the strength of your adventures together, would you say she's got leading lady potential? And what about Mr Illusive? I reckon he'd do rather well out of a prequel set during the First Contact War.
Gamble, finally, thinks there's more to be told about Javik - the galaxy's sole surviving Prothean, introduced by the From Ashes DLC. "Following the story of Javik a little bit more would be pretty cool. As the last remaining member of a lost race, I think that we could tell a lot of stories about his adventures in the Milky Way, and coming to terms with his place in the new Galaxy."
That last idea with the Prothean guy really makes my skin crawl. Because you just fucking know with the current track record of Bioware hiring Z grade trash romance novelists for their writing staff it'll be the creepiest and most uncomfortable video game to come out once those romance scenes start hitting the tubes.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

That's funny, because the magnetic boots invite yet a another possibility: slam the breaks on the car and watch as Kai Leng is either violently dislodged from Shepard's hood, he violently smashes his face into the windscreen for Shepard to blow his brains out, or his legs snap like twigs at their nearest weakpoint, i.e. his knees.

circ

Arcane
Up until the intro of Kai Leng ME 3 was actually the best of the three games. Then it just dug itself an ever increasingly bigger hole.

Well, assuming you didn't think too much on how the fuck Shep Shep was involved with Cerbo in the first place.

Tytus

Arcane
Up to the the contrived moment when Reapers appear right at the moment when Shepard is meeting the Alliance council, ME3 was the best of the three games. Oh wait it wasn't because you realize even before that scene that you will have only two dialogue options through the entire game.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Up until the intro of Kai Leng ME 3 was actually the best of the three games.
Wow, either you hold the series in WAY less regard than I do, or you somehow managed to miss exactly everything up to the point of Kai Leng's intro (which I assume is the Citadel mission, and not the conversation with TIM on Mars where you see Kai's shadowy backside). I mean, come the fuck on.

Again, for reference, my ranking of the series goes like this:
Mass Effect 2 (good shit) > Mass Effect 3 (shit) > Mass Effect 1 (bad shit)

circ

Arcane
ME 2 made no sense at all. I ignored the kid scenes and whiny emo stuff in 3. Of course I played it with an imported saved so everyone was alive. It wasn't so bad catching up with Garrus and then rescuing Jack and doing the Krogan stuff, aaand Proton guy, uuh, whatever the original race was, had some good lines. But when Kai Leng made his full entrance it just derped beyond saving.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Wow, either you hold the series in WAY less regard than I do, or you somehow managed to miss exactly everything up to the point of Kai Leng's intro (which I assume is the Citadel mission, and not the conversation with TIM on Mars where you see Kai's shadowy backside). I mean, come the fuck on.

WTF is wrong with you?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

WTF is wrong with you?
Apparently "a very shitty taste in video games" according to Rasputin. The series is all shit. ME2 is good for what it is.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Apparently "a very shitty taste in video games" according to Rasputin. The series is all shit. ME2 is good for what it is.

ME1 and ME2 are both good for what they were.

I didn't think the series was THAT much shit until ME3, but I've been wrong before about the quality of a series.

Derpy

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
ME1 was the only truly decent game in the series. The other two successors seem so disconnected and discordadant narratively and visually that I like to pretend they took place in some sort of bizarre alternate reality.

Delterius

Arcane
Up to the the contrived moment when Reapers appear right at the moment when Shepard is meeting the Alliance council, ME3 was the best of the three games. Oh wait it wasn't because you realize even before that scene that you will have only two dialogue options through the entire game.

Investigate options.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom