Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Lhynn has framed the argument in a way such that no evidence contradicting IT can possibly be produced.
You shouldnt need to produce evidence, it should be right there, in game. There should be something tangible outright saying, or at least directly pointing against IT.
Best someone could come up with was the retarded IA, which is less conclusive that magical growing plants in the final sequence before going up the citadel.
People say its because IT simply handwaves any piece of evidence away, but i dont buy it, or at least this is the first time ive found such a thing.
A completely different ending that actually fits withing the narrative with a decent twist? instead of the fantasy ending we got on a sci fi game? i dont know man, i just dont. Nothing on the game to disprove it, lots of small mistakes and lazy writing/design choices that when added up leave no choice but to think its deliberate.

A few months ago i finished reading a manga, the ending pretty straight foward. The protagonist and his friends were on a space ship that was self destructing, they made an escape in small shuttles and crash landed somewhere in the ocean in earth. We see them floating in the surface of the water looking at the sky, wondering if they are going to survive, showing sings of early dehydration. Then there is a fade to black and they are shown floating near a beach, all of the people they just saved and even their loved ones are there to hug them and nurse them back to health. The end.

What do you think happened? should i just take that at face value? the circumstances of how it was ended were about the same as in mass effect, the manga was declining so the author was rushed, it was a good, really popular manga that was a victim of its popularity.

Akratus when the actual events that just got erased dont add up to even half an hour i just dont give a fuck if it was just a dream.
This nonsense reminds me of people who insist god is real because you can't prove he is not real. You are of course free to believe whatever you wish, your "argument" is completely self refuting.... even if a developer told you that you are wrong, you are still free to interpret the retardation however you want.

Oesophagus

Arcane
This nonsense reminds me of people who insist god is real because you can't prove he is not real. You are of course free to believe whatever you wish, your "argument" is completely self refuting.... even if a developer told you that you are wrong, you are still free to interpret the retardation however you want.

It makes sense if Lhynn actually wrote the damn thing himself

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Everything would be much better if the Internet wasn't discussing it ad nauseam. Indoctrination theory or not. This is entertainment, and people are making it to be serious business. Jesus fucking christ, let the people believe in the indoctrination theory if they want to. It's not like they are clamiming the moon landing was fake and Obama is a reptilian.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everything would be much better if the Internet wasn't discussing it ad nauseam. Indoctrination theory or not. This is entertainment, and people are making it to be serious business. Jesus fucking christ, let the people believe in the indoctrination theory if they want to. It's not like they are clamiming the moon landing was fake and Obama is a reptilian.
You mean he's not?????

Tytus

Arcane
It was Obama that faked the moon landing to begin with.

No, if you had ever listen to Coast to Coast AM, you would know that Obama was a part of a secret manned mission to Mars. In which they used an alien technology (stargate) instead of a rocket to get there. And I'm not even kidding, some people actually believe this.
Though people believing in Indoctrination theory are much worse.

deuxhero

Arcane
A few months ago i finished reading a manga, the ending pretty straight foward. The protagonist and his friends were on a space ship that was self destructing, they made an escape in small shuttles and crash landed somewhere in the ocean in earth. We see them floating in the surface of the water looking at the sky, wondering if they are going to survive, showing sings of early dehydration. Then there is a fade to black and they are shown floating near a beach, all of the people they just saved and even their loved ones are there to hug them and nurse them back to health. The end.
Fucking A.
I've never had a paper fade to black on cue, that's awesome.

Take a receipt and hold it near a fire.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
f58ab7ee2e5beb2cf94a6df95cfef84e.gif

1332065419624.jpg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Also I think this should be posted in this thread from time to time, just to remember:
Karpyshyn wrote the first Mass Effect script and was heavily involved with the second, but quit the Mass Effect team midway through to work on the recently released Star Wars: The Old Republic. Posting on SomethingAwful , he tells a tantalising tale of Dark Energy, species preservation and humanity's unique genetic advantages, touched on at several points in Mass Effect 1 and 2. You might remember Dark Energy from the Haelstrom mission in Mass Effect 2, or from the Arrival DLC. According to various growly internet hintings, it makes the Reapers look about as menacing as a slightly wilted Greek salad.

"The Reapers' goal was to find a way to stop the spread of Dark Energy which would eventually consume everything. That's why there was so much foreshadowing about Dark Energy in ME," Karpyshyn wrote.

"The Reapers as a whole were 'nations' of people who had fused together in the most horrific way possible to help find a way to stop the spread of the Dark Energy. The real reason for the Human Reaper was supposed to be the Reapers saving throw because they had run out of time. Humanity in Mass Effect is supposedly unique because of its genetic diversity and represented the universe's best chance at stopping Dark Energy's spread.

DraQ

Arcane
Everything would be much better if the Internet wasn't discussing it ad nauseam.
I don't know, I remember my TESF discussions about geology of Vvardenfell (at no point implied to be intentional) rather fondly.

Also I think this should be posted in this thread from time to time, just to remember:
Karpyshyn wrote the first Mass Effect script and was heavily involved with the second, but quit the Mass Effect team midway through to work on the recently released Star Wars: The Old Republic. Posting on SomethingAwful , he tells a tantalising tale of Dark Energy, species preservation and humanity's unique genetic advantages, touched on at several points in Mass Effect 1 and 2. You might remember Dark Energy from the Haelstrom mission in Mass Effect 2, or from the Arrival DLC. According to various growly internet hintings, it makes the Reapers look about as menacing as a slightly wilted Greek salad.

"The Reapers' goal was to find a way to stop the spread of Dark Energy which would eventually consume everything. That's why there was so much foreshadowing about Dark Energy in ME," Karpyshyn wrote.

"The Reapers as a whole were 'nations' of people who had fused together in the most horrific way possible to help find a way to stop the spread of the Dark Energy. The real reason for the Human Reaper was supposed to be the Reapers saving throw because they had run out of time. Humanity in Mass Effect is supposedly unique because of its genetic diversity and represented the universe's best chance at stopping Dark Energy's spread.
Was it not for derpy "hoomans r speshul" and genetic diversity (it's far easier to artificially create genetic diversity, than to make anything but rotting dead jelly out of human jelly) it would have actually elevated ME to a semi-competent Time Odyssey rip-off.

It was Obama that faked the moon landing to begin with.

No, if you had ever listen to Coast to Coast AM, you would know that Obama was a part of a secret manned mission to Mars. In which they used an alien technology (stargate) instead of a rocket to get there. And I'm not even kidding, some people actually believe this.
Though people believing in Indoctrination theory are much worse.
They also used this alien technology to fake Moon landings, obviously.

Grinolf

Arcane
I don't get how human could be the most diverse species in the MEverse.It has the blue lesbians, who could breed almost with anything and have non-interspecies relations highly discouraged. And if I remember correctly, they all look very humanlike to Shepard/player only because they messing with everyone brains. How humankind could possibly beat these ones?
And making the Asari special would not only have much sense, but would allow interesting concept work in the story and not only exist somewhere in the background.
Currently it just pandering to their audience by making them feel unique and special, when there are absolutely no objective reasons for it with our currenl level of knowledge.

DraQ

Arcane
I don't get how human could be the most diverse species in the MEverse.It has the blue lesbians, who could breed almost with anything and have non-interspecies relations highly discouraged. And if I remember correctly, they all look very humanlike to Shepard/player only because they messing with everyone brains. How humankind could possibly beat these ones?
And making the Asari special would not only have much sense, but would allow interesting concept work in the story and not only exist somewhere in the background.
Currently it just pandering to their audience by making them feel unique and special, when there are absolutely no objective reasons for it with our currenl level of knowledge.
tl;dr
Everything is :retarded: .

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
It has the blue lesbians, who could breed almost with anything and have non-interspecies relations highly discouraged. And if I remember correctly, they all look very humanlike to Shepard/player only because they messing with everyone brains.
It's a myth propagated by some drones, due to the lore they look how they look.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Grinolf

Arcane
afaik the blue squid ladies were just added to appeal to prepubescent boners.

I don't doubt, that Asari first existed only as "blue skinned lesbian alliens" and all that interspecies breeding appeared much later at development stage only to make them more viable. Still it has a potential to work well with their "divesity is great" thing.

It's a myth propagated by some drones, due to the lore they look how they look.
No. I remember a scene in a bar, where males from different species discuss Asari stripper and it turned out, that they all see her differently. Maybe it just another retcon, not sure about that.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I believe the Asari don't actually take genetic code from other species, but just use it as a random seed generator for their own genes.

oh god why do I know this. Please kill me

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
No. I remember a scene in a bar, where males from different species discuss Asari stripper and it turned out, that they all see her differently. Maybe it just another retcon, not sure about that.
I remember that scene, they were just seeing similarities to their own species in different parts of her anatomy, and focusing on those things. The stripper looked the same to all of them.

And the asari don't actually take any genetic material from their breeding partners, just use it as a seed to randomize parts of their own DNA that then becomes the child.

Both these traits were obviously tacked on to explain the existence of blue space alien sex babes, who are in the game to appeal to horny teenage boys.

Grinolf

Arcane
I remember that scene, they were just seeing similarities to their own species in different parts of her anatomy, and focusing on those things. The stripper looked the same to all of them.

And the asari don't actually take any genetic material from their breeding partners, just use it as a seed to randomize parts of their own DNA that then becomes the child.

Both these traits were obviously tacked on to explain the existence of blue space alien sex babes, who are in the game to appeal to horny teenage boys.

Thanks for clarification. Not that I suprised by the fact, that ME setting turned out to be even more boring, than it looked at first glance.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Asari mind controlling other species to render themselves attractive is just another example of fan theories making much more sense than Biowarian crap.

Oesophagus

Arcane
It's stupid in any case: they mirror most of human morphology - including face - closely enough to not cause uncanny valley "eww" reaction.
:hearnoevil:

Standard space opera thing. Almost every species in ME is more or less humanoid, you can't really expect Stanisław Lem levels of "alien-ness". And really it's not the biggest problem with the series, you probablly wouldn't even notice it if the plot wasn't pants- on-head retarded.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
510 pages...

Why are we still talking about this shit series?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom