Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The most complex RPG to date?

Barbader

Novice
the most complex rpg, options and strategy wise is...
(who have the guts to mention a title of the last five years?)

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Fuck, I don't know. For me, probably Wizard's Crown in terms of combat. It took me a while to get the hang of the combat system.

Barbader

Novice
mine is Jagged Alliance 2. Rpg for me.

¿Oblivion? is that good... has options and strategy complexity, boring but is there.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Temple of Elemental Evil, in the combat department.

EDIT:
Then again, I'd have to say Dwarf Fortress is even more complex. And yes, it's RPG [adventure mode].

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What Jarl said. I've never seen more complex game than DF. It also has great combat system - bleeding, vomiting, chopping-off limbs... Too bad I don't have time for it atm.

NiM82

Prophet
Out of the ones I've tried: Arcanum - as far as character stats/development goes. For combat & strategy it's got to be ToEE.

Caveman

Scholar
Dwarf Fortress

the upcomig version (with army module, new world generator) will be best rpg game ever:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/imgs/savage_ocean.png
Another island map with good/evil turned off and high rainfall/savagery. The only civilized creatures left alive after 1000 years were three demons and a nine hundred year old elf born in a goblin tower. In order to stay alive, one of the demons had killed 3 hydras, 4 titans and various cyclopes and minotaurs. The elf was a guard and had killed a cyclops and two minotaurs. He had a wife, 6 daughters and 2 sons, but they were all killed by marauding beasts early on. The high savagery didn't impact play other than killing a few hunters -- the beast problem was caused by all of the caves crammed on the islands (it's possible to compensate for this by changing the cave parameters, but I didn't do that). Also, you can see a rain shadow very clearly on the right side of the upper island
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_now.html

Korgan

Arbiter
JA2 with the 1.13 mod has tons of shit to play around with. That mod also adds decent AI, great realism and still remains kinda balanced - sinpers one-shot everything from half a map away, but both you and the AI can send ninjas to flank them. I love it.
Yeah, and DF obviously. I must confess I haven't played it for half a year though, and I gonna wait till armies during regular gameplay are in. The battles are going to be OMFG UBER MEGA EPIC, and this is an understatement.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Rpg-7.jpg

cardtrick

Arbiter
Jaime Lannister said:
JarlFrank said:
Temple of Elemental Evil, in the combat department.

The only serious post in this thread.

And here's another: RoA2, overall, although I agree with TOEE for combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom