Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The mystery is finally solved!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Old. This was allready widely known on the old arcanum inn boards. There is also a graveyard with the graves of the more well known posters in arcanum and the plastic couch in the brothel is another easter egg regarding a particular poster. Still cool to see it all again.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Trash said:
Old. This was allready widely known on the old arcanum inn boards.
The key combination was never mentioned on T-A or here, so I assumed that no one knows it. Google brought nothing as well. Of course, the text file itself can be found by just unpacking the data files, but that's boring.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For fallout hold shift and press leftmouse on credits in startmenu. If you don't have fallout installed you're noob.

ixg

Erudite
Here's what we're gonna do... Lucas is gonna do the stick, and I'll do the rotate.
-Steve

so that's where it came from

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been pulling it out every day this week and I'm just tired of pulling it in and out.

Now I need to wash my hands before I can use my mouse again.

I guess being a developer at Troika games was the most fun job ever.

Oarfish

Prophet
I guess being a developer at Troika games was the most fun job ever.

I'm guessing that the 18 hour days probably got a bit tiring after a while. I'm probably just having gamedev envy though.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I believe for former troika employees their job was good time. Usually people work overtime only by their wish. It's like childhood for them, good time, but no way and no wish it's coming back.
I have similar feelings about my former work at publishing house.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
inwoker said:
Usually people work overtime only by their wish.

I wish that were true. Maybe if your wish is "get the game done," because a lot of times, it just doesn't happen otherwise. Crunch time is still pretty much viewed as essential for the industry.

I'm not gonna lie - I had some late nights and weekends here working on SoZ. But I will admit it's cause I didn't want a feature or dialogue that I had my heart set on being awesome to go in as anything less than rad. Hell, with the constant feature triage that goes on in the industry AND with the complete craziness it takes to really endure and flourish here, maybe it IS a wish thing. I wanted dinosaur animal companions in SoZ and dammed if I wasn't going to spend whatever time it took to get them in... but then of course Jeff Husges nabbed the task and finished it in 20 minutes because he is awesome. But you get the idea.

But yeah. You blokes (and blokettes) should bug Mitsoda and ask him for tales of Troika. He's got some stories, boy howdy :)

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Annie Carlson said:
inwoker said:
Usually people work overtime only by their wish.

I wish that were true. Maybe if your wish is "get the game done," because a lot of times, it just doesn't happen otherwise. Crunch time is still pretty much viewed as essential for the industry.

I'm not gonna lie - I had some late nights and weekends here working on SoZ. But I will admit it's cause I didn't want a feature or dialogue that I had my heart set on being awesome to go in as anything less than rad. Hell, with the constant feature triage that goes on in the industry AND with the complete craziness it takes to really endure and flourish here, maybe it IS a wish thing. I wanted dinosaur animal companions in SoZ and dammed if I wasn't going to spend whatever time it took to get them in... but then of course Jeff Husges nabbed the task and finished it in 20 minutes because he is awesome. But you get the idea.

But yeah. You blokes (and blokettes) should bug Mitsoda and ask him for tales of Troika. He's got some stories, boy howdy :)

Annie, if I were an unmarried teenage boy, I would internet hit on you. Just sayin'.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Annie Carlson said:

I was definately born in the wrong country, speaking the wrong mother-tongue ;)

Btw... from all the quotes I got the impression that jesse was the programmer. I... ehrm... recognized some things.

Texas Red

Whiner
Annie Carlson said:

I suggested an interview about day to day business among RPG developers. It was rejected because apparently it's not Codexian enough. Though I'm darn certain it would be a more enjoyable and refreshing read than "your RPG theory" interview. More than half of Codexers probably don't even visit RPG Design section.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Great idea, twd. Maybe write questions to devs and present them as topic. Codexers may want to add some.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I can't believe the Codex hasn't done Brian Mitsoda yet. The closest we got is a little snip about dialogue! This is an outrage! I want five pages of Brian Mitsoda awesomeness on the front page by tomorrow.

Or else!

St. Toxic said:
Someone needs to do a dramatic reading, obviously. :cool:
Alright, I'll get right on that. You have a choice to make first, though: new headset or crappy headset? I'd say the crappy headset makes my voice sound 500 times less feminine, just so you know.

Texas Red

Whiner
I stand by my suggestion :tear:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom