Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new Wolfenstein is out

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Luzur said:
so, is there any Puppies! perk?

learning the map = achievement unlocked?
Actually it's a good port, no xbox buttons, runs quite good on my older system.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Azrael the cat said:
Bioshock was quite decent at the latter, and taken as a straight-up no brain shooter, it was pretty good once they provided the patch to turn the retarded regeneration chambers off.

Um... link please? If there is a patch like this I might be bothered to actually finish the game. It definately has one of the best atmospheres' out of any shooter I've played.

Edit: Ugh.... found it, was in options this whole time.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing, enjoying it mostly. The worst consolification offender at first was the compass, but I've learned to ignore it halfway into the first level. Shooting mechanics aren't as good as the last game, feels less dynamic, a bit sluggish. Not a bad game, though. I like the level design. It's shit that you cannot lean, though. Also, it would be infinitely better without the silly regenerating health, duh. But it's a fun straightforward shooter (with only one really useless feature which is the weapon upgrading).

Oh yeah, the worst dumbing down offender and immersion-breaker is the GODDAMN FUCKING TEXT telling you to lie down when wounded, or telling you "press F to pick up" whenever you target something pickupable.

EDIT:
AHAHAHAHA, AHAHA, WAHAHAHAHAHA
The torrent I downloaded was multilanguage, the game's on English but the text is on German. English voice acting + German text showed that when BJ said "Nazis" the German text said "Wolves", so the censorship of the game is just as ridiculous as in RtCW :lol: :lol: :lol:

For your information, in RtCW German you did not fight Nazis but the Wolf Sect, some special organization of the Third Reich. And instead of Swastikas you could see wolf heads on the flags. Yes, German censorship can be THIS ridiculous.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
yeah it is consolified, but it is not bad.

Fun Combat, Fun veil mechanic, awesome weapons and some interesting enemy design.

The bad.
Consolified and A bit to easy.

Over all it is fun.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I don't really like the Veil mechanic. Sure, it can be fun to use it for searching for hidden doors and ladders, but it's too overpowered. Enemies are easy to see, you're faster, and there are those creatures floating around which explode and kill enemies when you shoot them. Still, I like the difficulty, it's not too easy and some places are actually challenging.

I suppose challenge level is subjective, but personally I'd say this game is piss easy. Actually it's so easy on highest difficulty I don't want to play it anymore. "Uber" difficulty should be for FPS veterans, not beginners, c'mon.. Or maybe it's just the case of game being developed for gamepads.
Overall - this game may be fun to kill some time with, but it's certainly very forgettable and nowhere near the level of RTCW. Just another console shooter.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'll just pretend this never happend then, install RTCW again and pretend Necrovision has a 'Wolfenstein' subtitle.

Dammit Raven, what happened to you? You used to be so cool.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The game is very very easy so far, but I've been having some fun. The treasure hunt minigame in order to make a couple of your guns not suck (first thing I bought was strippers...to use in my kar...this isn't going well)

One major, huge flaw. You can't save wherever you want. There's not even a particular place you go to. You just wander around the main hub area until you hit one of the invisible checkpoints. That's absolutely retarded.

Black Cat

Magister
@Phantasmal

I guess the lack of interesting things to download is making my pirate-fu somewhat rusty. Sorry about the mistake, then.

Zuluf

Scholar
Barrow_Bug said:
Zuluf said:
JarlFrank said:
Still, I like the difficulty, it's not too easy and some places are actually challenging.

You don't play a lot of shooters do you?

FUCK BRA, I PLAI SHOOTERS CUZ THEY ARE FOR SERIUS BUSINESS

I'm not a shooter veteran either, but you'd have to have the intellectual equivalent of a boulder to even consider this game remotely hard. Yes, even on Uber. To be noted that I haven't played a SP FPS since Doom 3 (unless you count Bad Company).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Having quite some fun with it. However there are two things that annoy me. One of them immensely. What just irks me is the way people die. It looks stilted, wooden and clinical even with blood and limbs being thrown around. Perhaps it's the rather shoddy kill animations or the fact that I've been playing GTA 4 (with its awesome manner of handling wounded and dying enemies.) too much but it just looks and feels like crap.

What annoys the fuck out of me is that they've managed to have a German resistance group fighting with nazi troops over a city with pitched gun battles going on in the streets and the resistance fighters proudly claiming that my actions make more civilians join them in their cause. What the fuck? I know, It's a shooter with ridiculous occult nazi's raising all manner of nasty stuff but this blatant raping of history is too much. They could have chosen cities all over Europe in which people actually fought against the nazi's but they went and pretended that actual German citizens started fighting their own Wehrmacht in the streets? Fuck Raven.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Barrow_Bug said:
BUT HAV U PLAYD IT? HOW U KNOW IT SUCKS? CUZ ITS FULL OF HITS THAT SHOU:DN"T BE IN ANY GAME EVER? DON"T MATTER< U HAEV TO PLAY REAYLL OMGH IZ THAT PIZZZZAAA OOOH PIZZAAAAAAAAA GLOB GLOB

NiM82

Prophet
Not quite as bad as I thought, but it's still pretty damn lame. No atmosphere or suspense at all and the gunplay is pretty weak. Despise the veil mechanic too, nice novelty at first as the transition was quite pretty, but after that it's just annoying. The other modes just make the game far too easy, esp as the refill zones for it seem to be fucking everywhere.

What's really pissing me off (besides that console crap) are the constant ambushes, in the same places, on the hub maps. It's pretty amusing that you can walk into a tavern full of German soldiers/officers and pass yourself off as a local, but can't take a foot out the door without being shot at. Pretty obvious filler content there. Be better if you could pass yourself off as a civilian in the hubs, provided you aren't being a dickhead. Also what Trash said, the whole German on German thing doesn't really make much sense.

Oh and where the fuck is my Luger?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
*MP sucks
*Pistols only available in MP? failure
*It would have been neat if the game had featured a wider variety of real world weaponry (Mauser C96 (full auto attachment? fuck yes), Gewehr 41/43, shotguns, various foreign guns like the Sten SMG from RTCW and so on) - not necessarily used by the enemies you encounter, but at least available through the black market. The standard K98/MP40/MP43 combo is pretty dull.
*Why can't you kill friendlies?
*The MP43 could have used some more interesting attachments, like Krummlaufs (bent barrel attachments) or the Zielgerät 1229/Vampir infrared night-vision device. Would have been pretty useless (and not terribly historically accurate, what with the game taking place in 1943 and all), but hey

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Zuluf said:
Barrow_Bug said:
Zuluf said:
JarlFrank said:
Still, I like the difficulty, it's not too easy and some places are actually challenging.

You don't play a lot of shooters do you?

FUCK BRA, I PLAI SHOOTERS CUZ THEY ARE FOR SERIUS BUSINESS

I'm not a shooter veteran either, but you'd have to have the intellectual equivalent of a boulder to even consider this game remotely hard. Yes, even on Uber. To be noted that I haven't played a SP FPS since Doom 3 (unless you count Bad Company).

More difficult than, say, the Call of Duties. I don't play a lot of shooters, but I'm not a noob either. But, as I tried out my new widescreen monitor with high resolution, the game was harder than before. Which was because of the slight lag which made aiming difficult. So yeah, I just need a new graphics card to make the game more fluent.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah I noticed that right in the beginning, it was way too slow. Fiddled around with it until it was okay. But it's the stuttering that annoys me, noticed it when I changed resolution and the lag became worse. Gonna buy a new graphics card anyways, my 7600GT is getting old.

Ch1ef

Scholar
What a piece of shit. And If you like it...

YOU'RE A FAG!
:D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom