Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new Wolfenstein is out

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ch1ef said:
What a piece of shit. And If you like it...

YOU'RE A FAG!
:D

Well takes one to know one.

Ch1ef

Scholar
CrimsonAngel said:
yeah it is consolified, but it is not bad.

Fun Combat, Fun veil mechanic, awesome weapons and some interesting enemy design.

The bad.
Consolified and A bit to easy.

Over all it is fun.
FAG

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
1242433904126.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously, if you think this is worse than, say, the Call of Duties with their endless respawning, you're retarded.

While it has noticeable consolifications, they're not that bad. If it wouldn't have regenerating health and too many places to recharge your superpowers, it would be quite a hardcore game. I'm enjoying it mainly because of the great level-design.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
JarlFrank said:
I'm enjoying it mainly because of the great level-design.

That will usually make or break a FPS for me. I might wait for bargain bin on this one. It sounds interesting.

NiM82

Prophet
I've just finished it and can't really recall any great level design, or memorable fights. It's generic through and through, no atmosphere or well designed encounters. I hoped the Zeppelin would be somewhat interesting, but alas no.

The level I think I'll remember the most is the last boss fight (in the fantasy realm), but that's for all the wrong reasons, it was shockingly bad (and easy).

Edit:

Just spotted the unlocked cheat menu, Pumpkinstein mode should've been turned on from the outset.

Ch1ef

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Seriously, if you think this is worse than, say, the Call of Duties with their endless respawning, you're retarded.

While it has noticeable consolifications, they're not that bad. If it wouldn't have regenerating health and too many places to recharge your superpowers, it would be quite a hardcore game. I'm enjoying it mainly because of the great level-design.
I can't enjoy the level-design because of 80(65?) FOV. But, anyway, i haven't seen anything special in/on levels. Maybe coz i got REALY big expirience in FPS and i'm a mapmaker?
Plus, the bots are brainless. This game has one of the most stupid AI i have ever seen. Lol, in one level i just hid in the crate and they couldn't find me... so i killed them... with melee attack. Stupid bots=lame fights=zero fun.
And i'm never said that this game is worse or better then CoD. And you know why? Because Wolfenstein always was different and unique. Untill now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Time to hijack this thread for the greater good.

Following all the Wolfenstein talk, I've reinstalled RTCW again (and dammit, everything about this game is still so damn awesome, but I digress), and I have the following question: Does anyone have any idea what is the German song/march that is played in various radioes throughout the game? You hear it first in the bar in the village after you leave Castle Wolfenstein. I'd be grateful for any info, danke.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Darth Roxor said:
i still have the Linux version installed, i continue to play my savegame from time to time, i had a go at it one day before Wolfenstein was out and i still like the atmosphere, the music that gets faster as action ramps up, the scripted soldiers that can be caught in different stances if you move faster or slower through a level, and this is just the first level before the village :D

about the *new shit*:
-nice graphics, if this was a Matrix game maybe, what's up with the green tint ? this looks the same with my anaglyph red/cyan glasses on... and these carton glasses make a mess of the colors of any game, yet in this it looks the same :shock:
+this runs out of the box on WINE, maxed out @ 1680x1050
-scripted enemies, encounters, etc... i mean i know it's like that in every game, but not so obvious, like after we blow out the train, i go on the stairs, 2 guys appear, anomaly, we fly, i kill them, next on the stairs, new anomaly 5 or 6 soldiers flying... but not me... why are they stuck midair and i am not ? i can even fly around as a wish... wtf? if i go further the anomaly stops, they get down and if i did not shoot them while they were midair they'll attack me, that's ok, i died once and then i just wait for them to fly and then i shoot them... looks ok...but it's not... i can kill all but 2 guys... that they're invincible... nice, NOT!
-checkpoints FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
-and at the starting movie, BJ uses the medallion... like... ya, 'we just found this... look...zaaaaapppppp'

meh.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Roxor said:

Following all the Wolfenstein talk, I've reinstalled RTCW again (and dammit, everything about this game is still so damn awesome, but I digress), and I have the following question: Does anyone have any idea what is the German song/march that is played in various radioes throughout the game? You hear it first in the bar in the village after you leave Castle Wolfenstein. I'd be grateful for any info, danke.

Heh, funny, first result in youtube for the song is actually from RtCW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNVcvbTGj1c

Here's the full song in better quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa-oltap9kA

1eyedking

Erudite
Zuluf said:
this game is SHIT on all levels. Utter fucking crass. This wouldn't fucking pass as a fucking decent video game if you were a primitive race of multiheaded dicks with opposable thumbs and were discovering fire as we speak.

and i mean it. SHIT. CRAP. Played it for like 5 hours yesterday just to see the maximum level of appalled I could reach. It's like that thing Cleve was talking about.

Absolute, undeniable, maximized SHIT. Haven't you grown old of recycled console mechanics? This franchise vampire has got it all. Slow-motion, twin worlds overlapping, so-called purchase management (buying your weapons like you're in a fucking WalMart every time the game designers thought that the aspies who will actually buy this game would run out of ammo).

The FOV on the PC is absolute shite. Your average FPS player can confirm, it's like you're watching the game through a fucking telescope.And there's so much oversaturated coloring that burns your eyes in this goat vomit that I wonder who the fuck slipped LSD in my vodka.

I mean fuck's sake, you wouldn't see this much eye blasting if you were watching Japanese cartoons on fast-forward with a fucking interrogation lamp staring you in the retinae.

I hope this inexusable bowl of sheep diarrhoea gets shoved down Raven employee's throats.

Fuck me I just lost 5 more hours of my life getting raped by an LCD monitor.
That...was awesome.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Zuluf said:
this game is SHIT on all levels. Utter fucking crass. This wouldn't fucking pass as a fucking decent video game if you were a primitive race of multiheaded dicks with opposable thumbs and were discovering fire as we speak.

and i mean it. SHIT. CRAP. Played it for like 5 hours yesterday just to see the maximum level of appalled I could reach. It's like that thing Cleve was talking about.

Absolute, undeniable, maximized SHIT. Haven't you grown old of recycled console mechanics? This franchise vampire has got it all. Slow-motion, twin worlds overlapping, so-called purchase management (buying your weapons like you're in a fucking WalMart every time the game designers thought that the aspies who will actually buy this game would run out of ammo).

The FOV on the PC is absolute shite. Your average FPS player can confirm, it's like you're watching the game through a fucking telescope.And there's so much oversaturated coloring that burns your eyes in this goat vomit that I wonder who the fuck slipped LSD in my vodka.

I mean fuck's sake, you wouldn't see this much eye blasting if you were watching Japanese cartoons on fast-forward with a fucking interrogation lamp staring you in the retinae.

I hope this inexusable bowl of sheep diarrhoea gets shoved down Raven employee's throats.

Fuck me I just lost 5 more hours of my life getting raped by an LCD monitor.
After watching a shitload of videos on this game throughout the interwebz ( I decided it would be faster than downloading the free version and try it out for myself), I have to agree with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom