Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the "official" Path of Wuxia thread

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I bought this last year, played the tutorial, liked it, and decided to wait until it was finished.

Is it worth making a playthrough right now? Is year 3 finished and fan translated?

Year 3 is MTL'ed but with some bugs, better wait. Unlike Year 1 - 2 right now everybody has normal life after pandemic being over so progress is much slower on the fan patch. Heluo is also patching the game almost daily right now with balance adjustment and bug fix making the patch more unstable. Maybe 1 month or so before it's stable and the fan TL team can do more.

In genera,l in the future because Year 3 is bashed by CN players, Heluo will polish it with additional content, ending, etc. Probably a good thing to play the current iteration of the game before it changes. The game is made to be replayable after all.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I bought this last year, played the tutorial, liked it, and decided to wait until it was finished.

Is it worth making a playthrough right now? Is year 3 finished and fan translated?

Year 3 is MTL'ed but with some bugs, better wait. Unlike Year 1 - 2 right now everybody has normal life after pandemic being over so progress is much slower on the fan patch. Heluo is also patching the game almost daily right now with balance adjustment and bug fix making the patch more unstable. Maybe 1 month or so before it's stable and the fan TL team can do more.

In genera,l in the future because Year 3 is bashed by CN players, Heluo will polish it with additional content, ending, etc. Probably a good thing to play the current iteration of the game before it changes. The game is made to be replayable after all.

Thanks for the info. Do you like it better than Tale of Wuxia and pre-sequel?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the info. Do you like it better than Tale of Wuxia and pre-sequel?

I guess it depends. Certainly more comparable to ToW as pre-sequel is more of a normal RPG.

In general I like the sim aspect better because less reliance on RNG, everything is has their own schedule and you manage it as best as you can. On the other hand some people actually like the RNG dependent sim part of ToW so there is that.

Writing wise I also like PoW more, altho I can't say much on 3rd year as I am still waiting too. Generally it take itself more seriously instead of rather meta/jokey tone of ToW (which is half-parody of Wuxia writing). There is also strong thematic theme in PoW that I liked namely coming into the world and choosing one own path with its consequences.

Combat wise though ToW is much better. The big issue with PoW combat is that nearly all characters are limited by having 4 moves which hurts variety and synergy. The MC can siwtch weapon so it helps but the companion couldn't. It really2 hurts the game in combat department.

So I guess it's a mixed bag. If combat/martial system wise it is more ToW then I would probably rate it higher 100%.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Google Translation of latest announcement of development plan.

Hello players, we are the development team of "Path of Wuxia".

Thank you for your continuous support.
After a week of reviewing and collecting players' opinions, the current schedule for improving the game content is expected to be as follows:

Overall update plan
a. Continuously adjust the overall value of the game and battle levels, and strengthen the feedback
b. Continue to improve the combat experience, including operation optimization, clear information and enhanced gameplay
c. Continue stable version and fix bugs
d. Added new elements and gameplay for martial arts and moves related mechanisms

Update plan for May
a. Optimization of the third year summer school plot experience
b. The third year Miaojiang plot experience optimization
c. Teammate Shangguan line story experience optimization
d. Follow-up outing performances of the seventh order of friendship
e. Added biography in the second half of the third year

June
a. The final battle plot experience optimization
b. The new ending plot is completed
c. Strengthen the relationship between lovers in the plot experience
d. Adjustment of new biography and biography rewards

We will continue to make corrections and improvements in subsequent update projects, and issue announcements to let players know the current development progress of the team.

Finally, thank you again for your continued support.

Also a (highly rated by Chinese) former producer who helped develop the ToW DLCs and pre-sequel + DLC who left Heluo prior to the open world game has rejoined Heluo to focus on PoW.

PS: I have no idea what the quests (傳書) during the sim is called in English so I left it as biography

Jinn

Arcane

50% off right now, so I finally went ahead and got it. I've mostly been waiting for the fan translation to get to the point where it's not far off from being completely polished, and I've deemed it to be at that point. In fact, the translation mod seems to be one of the highest quality English versions of any Chinese game released in recent year, if the screenshots are any indication. I know there's plans by Helou to restructure the end of the game a bit, but I'm hoping those changes occur while I'm in the middle of playing it. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll replay it again someday. Oh yeah, wanted to summon Lhynn here in case he hasn't tried this one out yet. The game doesn't really go much lower in price than this ever, so it might be as good a time as any to spring for it.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Damn, looks like the sale already ended. I figured it'd be going till the 2nd of February with the rest of the Lunar New Year sale.

Got to play about an hour last night, and am very happy with what I'm seeing so far with the translation mod. Still slightly rough around the edges, but miles ahead of pretty much any English translation in a Chinese RPG I've seen besides Gujian 3, Sands of Salazar, and Amazing Cultivation Simulator. I'd kill to have this team work on Tale of Wuxia, Tale of Wuxia Prequel, and Ho To Lo Shu.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I'd kill to have this team work on Tale of Wuxia, Tale of Wuxia Prequel, and Ho To Lo Shu.

Yeah ain't happening, everybody busy with real life now. The team was formed during initial lockdown of Covid and thus everybody has ample free time.

:negative:

Initial programmer is busy, main programmer now is taking master degree in Japan. The translators and editors are all also busy with work/school now. Which is why Year 3 is still mostly MTL'ed

cw8

Cipher
How do you beat the first guy in the tournament in Year 3. He takes little damage and heals to full every 4 turns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom