Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds 2

Codex Year of the Donut
Nobody cares about Outer Worlds, completely forgettable even by normies. Absolutely soulless.
Only reason anyone cared to begin with was because it released a few days after the Fallout First debacle. People thought it would be FNV in space, instead it's a retarded cousin of Mass Effect with none of the charm.

Codex Year of the Donut
"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."
~ Tim Cain, cca. 2002
xcyTWgr.png

Butter

Arcane
Patron
rusty_shackleford it was popular enough to warrant DLC planned after the fact, and it was a smashing success on gamepass (which is what MS has been shilling a lot lately)

it probably did better than deadfire.
It definitely did better than Deadfire. It's been on Steam since October 2020 and has 10.6k reviews. Deadfire has been on Steam since May 2018 and has 8.7k reviews.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's no surprise that The Outer Worlds is getting a sequel. They were jizzing their pants over how successful it was two weeks after it released. The interesting thing (if it actually happens) is that the sequel is getting announced now and not later. Slam dunk to be released before Avowed?

Dodo1610

Arcane
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/44...ts-sold-microsoft-to-publish-future-releases/ Outer World sold 3 Mio copies since its launch probably making it the most successful Obsidian games since FNV. Of course, it's getting a sequel.
That site is known for being full of shit.

It's from the Take 2 Earnings Presentation https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/305e4c41-cdc7-40f7-94e1-0008d372db3f
During the fourth quarter, Private Division released Murder on Eridanos, the final add-on for their highly successful game, The Outer Worlds, which has sold-in more than 3 million units.

Codex Year of the Donut
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/44...ts-sold-microsoft-to-publish-future-releases/ Outer World sold 3 Mio copies since its launch probably making it the most successful Obsidian games since FNV. Of course, it's getting a sequel.
That site is known for being full of shit.

It's from the Take 2 Earnings Presentation https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/305e4c41-cdc7-40f7-94e1-0008d372db3f
During the fourth quarter, Private Division released Murder on Eridanos, the final add-on for their highly successful game, The Outer Worlds, which has sold-in more than 3 million units.
It does not say sold:
This is a term of art. It's including the amount Epic paid for excloosivity.

Gargaune

Magister
It's no surprise that The Outer Worlds is getting a sequel. They were jizzing their pants over how successful it was two weeks after it released. The interesting thing (if it actually happens) is that the sequel is getting announced now and not later. Slam dunk to be released before Avowed?
It'll be interesting to see if that holds up with the sequel's sales. The gaming market's very much a "sins of the father" sort of thing, and I'm sure we're all familiar with how PoE's commercial success didn't carry to Deadfire's targets.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Eager to see if they're going to keep baiting latent loathing for Bethesda with the "From the Creators of Fallout" shtick like last time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."
~ Tim Cain, cca. 2002
xcyTWgr.png

FWIW they had to sell their games like this to Interplay's middle management because these "hell yeah blood guts and sex" projects were the only things the bros were interested in greenlighting (see also Torment vision statement, Baldur's Gate getting rejected for being "stupid").

Codex Year of the Donut
~ Tim Cain, cca. 2002
xcyTWgr.png

FWIW they had to sell their games like this to Interplay's middle management because these "hell yeah blood guts and sex" projects were the only things the bros were interested in greenlighting (see also Torment vision statement, Baldur's Gate getting rejected for being "stupid").
They lost their GURPS license for being too violent and grotesque.
No history rewriting pls.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, out of curiosity, I just posted "Man, Outer Worlds is so boring." right on a certain youtuber that is an Obsidian shill where he was commenting the latest Outer Worlds DLC, got hundreds of upvotes, and pretty much everyone commenting were normies that were duped by youtubers thinking Outer Worlds was a New Vegas kind of game with ShillUp, YoungMeh and others praising the piece of shit like no tommorrow to farm controversy views from Fallout 76.

We could get another Pillars of Eternity thing where most normies were expecting playing a typical DnD story to play a strange desconstruction of a polytheistic pantheon that wasnt real but at same time it was real and how that was a big deal but at same time it wasnt a great deal because they actually had divine powers and the villain didnt even mentioned your name or acknowledged your existance by 2/3 of the main story.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Outer Worlds was shit. Outer Worlds 2 will be shitter.

People compared it to FO?

It looked like a worse version of ME. And, for maybe the hour I tried it on Gamepass, it was even worse than I thoguht it be.

LMFAO

Developer
xcyTWgr.png

"we are going to grab the players guts and remind him of this"

I knew it. I KNEW IT!!! They did grab gamers by the pussy back then. I fucking knew it. That's how it got to be loved. Holy fuck. My ranting about how gamers want to be treated was 100% pinpoint accurate.
No wonder shoutbox didn't argue with what I said. Let this be a lesson. If you're going to let a game influence anything you do, make sure you read their vision doc for real.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
rusty_shackleford it was popular enough to warrant DLC planned after the fact, and it was a smashing success on gamepass (which is what MS has been shilling a lot lately)

it probably did better than deadfire.
It definitely did better than Deadfire. It's been on Steam since October 2020 and has 10.6k reviews. Deadfire has been on Steam since May 2018 and has 8.7k reviews.
Yet it got dominated by the duck game.

hero

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Well, at least they are honest, sorta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom