Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems you can change a lot of the UI elements pretty easily for the MS version.

Go to:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Then open GameUserSettings.ini. Everything in there is just an on or off (true of false) switch.

Example:
rtKwmXb.jpg

So far I have removed awareness icons, and healthbars. Trying to find the hit marker thing.

Thanks! Is it possible to turn off the waypoints on the compass? I could really do without them but I need the compass to know directions.

Shadenuat

Arcane
the perk system is so sterile could bottle it and sell to hospitals

I am terrible with metaphors I know. point is, it is pretty shit

not a lot of interesting NPCs to talk in tutorial tbh
area design, technically good engine, but they could use that elex person who made exploring every 10 meters actually fun
also could use a jetpack

I like my 3-shot plasma bolter revolver with fancy wood finish. I think guns is the only thing that actually looks and works decent in this game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks! Is it possible to turn off the waypoints on the compass? I could really do without them but I need the compass to know directions.

Not sure, don't know what all the commands do. But there is a:

CompassVisibilityMode=On

So looks like you can remove the compass completely. Not bothered by the compass so not tested it.

Edit:

Okay, read you wanted to keep the compass, sorry :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did my customary one hour test playthrough. Three niggles:

1) Character creation interface isn't flexible enough. I want to be able to adjust attributes and see how they change the skills on the same screen.
2) What FOV should I use? >_> I hate having to make this choice.
3) Framerate is maybe a bit sluggish on my GTX 970 on Ultra, but eh.

Anyway for the character creation I made this quick & dirty table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i2dBOu49112zyBWv9tnP3xQvq--vZ_6-E41Tb-q6g80/

I guess what you should do is prioritize the skills you want and then improve the attributes with the best spread across those skills.

There are emergent skill synergies in this system that allow you to get more bang for your attribute point buck.

Some skills are affected by the same pair of attributes as other skills. For example, Persuade, Hack and Science are all affected by Intelligence & Charm. Max those two attributes out and you get to start with the maximum number of points in all three of those skills.

Meanwhile, Long Guns is the only skill affected by Intelligence & Perception. An essential skill, so they made it more expensive in terms of opportunity cost to max it out.

oregano12

Educated
Every NPC in this game looks ugly as a sin, whether they are a male or a female. The males just look SLIGHTY better because its harder to fuck up a man's face, but they are still inferior to even Fallout 4. Pretty obvious Obsidian was aiming for a realistic art style but didn't have the budget to do it justice (Yeah, I know, Obsidian biting more than they can chew? When did that ever happened before?) and the result was these butt ugly faces all over the game.

r7NJBbe.png

4rSj3bY.jpg

Guys, sometimes the result of ugly woman in your game is just an art direction gone wrong, not an hidden agenda. Calm your tits.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
About to turn in the Reed vs. Adelaide quest. Quick question about the morale system in this game.

All those "corporaishun baad" hippies are pissing me off and I want to side with the Board. Won't an "evil" playthrough fuck me over in some way tho? Like in Wasteland 2 where it cut me off from half of the California content? Also I'd love to shove my shotgun into Adelaide's face but it seems without her the town will die off?

Shadenuat

Arcane
to the surprise of no one the STEALTH SNIPER RIFLE gameplay style is extremely effective in this game
which is why in these sort of games, not only I don't steal, but also never use sniper rifles

my dex/per/int augmented woman uses assault rifles/submachine guns, whatever looks like most bladerunneresque or anime pistol/revolvers, shotguns and poison katana

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hiiii boys, it's me agaaaain.

Enjoying your gaaaame?

Having fuuun? Hm? Did Lenny and Timmy do good? Hm? Did Joshy-Josh put smiles on your faces? Hm?

Just woooondering, call me when you get the time. Byeeee!

Shadenuat

Arcane
The thing about grafix in this game is that they should have localized garishness onto one thing.

Either planet is colorful and bright, but corp buildings and equipment is rugged and tame;
or planet is dangerous and barren, but corp buildings and armor and weapons shine brightly on it like cheap plastic toys and lights

it is somewhat hard to fight mercenaries in red and yellow armor, shooting bright red plasma on them from red green grass under pink sunsent near neon buildings

bonus points for making all loot bright and sparkly, and boxes with lights, and putting a bright edging on top of all that (which you can turn off safely - you won't miss loot anyway)

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
All those "corporaishun baad" hippies are pissing me off and I want to side with the Board. Won't an "evil" playthrough fuck me over in some way tho? Like in Wasteland 2 where it cut me off from half of the California content? Also I'd love to shove my shotgun into Adelaide's face but it seems without her the town will die off?

You could try to convience everyone from the deserts to go the Edgewater after you cut their power, well at least i think the game let do this. I gonna try tonight.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The moment you walk into Groundbreaker is great, the place looks really beautiful. Although the game could use a few more unique NPCs. The chief engineer looks quite generic.

On the other hand, I find the female NPCs looks fine, not as good looking as the waifus in Japanese games but way better than 90% of the AAA titles these days.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
California: We are going to turn all women into ugly dykes! Fuck cisgendered white males!
White Males: WTF..
California: You actually care about petty things like how women look in a game?! LOL!

Yep, it's the standard "you are being petty for noticing how petty we are" argument.

Guys, sometimes the result of ugly woman in your game is just an art direction gone wrong, not an hidden agenda. Calm your tits.

I agree that Outer Worlds does not look pozzed and freaking out over a short-haired chick is overblown. After all, in vanilla Skyrim all the women looked like meth-addicted goblins and no one attributed it to some kind of conspiracy.

But we are living in year 3+ of the non-stop hyperventilating meltdown from the left over boobs in videogames and "muh unrealistic beauty standards" so you can't blame people for being sensitive.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Fuck you Infinitron, why do you always have to split the threads once the game is released? makes it fucking annoying to follow the thread as new thread doesn't automatically jump to the newest messages (for me).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game so far is not bad,just mediocre. The skill system is a fucking joke,it is worst than fallout3,still better than fallout 4 tho. The AI is really dumb,they only could see you but not hear you. You steal shit very easy,also there is no restriction areas. I just crouch behind the guy and picklocked his private quarters,then you just run around in there and he won't react. The combat is like fallout 4,it is not bad,it is not good. The writing is....meh for now. Overly hip and doesn't make any sense from time to time. Also there is a lot of "blocked" houses that you can't enter,it is not like elder scrolls where you could enter everywhere.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Gee the game is pretty bad. My character can do anything it is mind numbing and trivial even borderlands is more of an RPG than this. All of the henchman are annoying and the dialogue is severely limited (one of my henchmen cannot decide if it is a faggot or a faggot who is also an incel high brow writing for intelligent human beings).

Mass Effect Andromeda is one thousand times better than this game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So far the impression are very mildly positive-ish. Basically what fantadomat said. Game's definitely better written than Fallout 4 and I have finished that PoS so I'll probably finish this one too.

One thing I positively fucking hate is the color palette. And graphics in general. NPCs are fucking ugly but worse, the engine itself makes me go cross-eyed. Distant objects seem to be kindda blurred or some shit. It feels as if I'm short-sighted. Also seconding this:

The thing about grafix in this game is that they should have localized garishness onto one thing.

Either planet is colorful and bright, but corp buildings and equipment is rugged and tame;
or planet is dangerous and barren, but corp buildings and armor and weapons shine brightly on it like cheap plastic toys and lights

it is somewhat hard to fight mercenaries in red and yellow armor, shooting bright red plasma on them from red green grass under pink sunsent near neon buildings

So the only reason I don't see myself finishing this game is if the annoying art style, wonky engine and eye-destroying color palette send me to a hospital. Other than that it's a mildly entertaining, acceptable RPG for a gloomy autumn.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw what diff. are ya'll playing on? I'm on Hard and I've been blasting away the early-game marauders p. easily. Well, since I found the assault rifle that is. I hope this game isn't gonna be a complete faceroll all the way through even on Hard coz Supernova seems completely retarded with the single saving spot.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can make cute asian waifus
yes this is literally the only feminine face from all of them and the only long hair style. I picked exact same face and hair.

I just crouch behind the guy and picklocked his private quarters
just steal everything and then tell them to fuck off with persuasion check of 10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom