Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The RPG Codex Lists Their Top 10 Favorite JRPGs!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
This list is going to provoke plenty of good old butthurt!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
This thread works well as a faggot detector.

masamune.png

baronjohn

Cipher
1. あなたは
2. たくさんの 3
3. 同性愛者
4. 日本のロールプ 2: レイングゲーム
5. されていない
6. 本当に役割
7. ゲームをプレイ 7
8. それらは
9. あなたは低能
10 爬虫類

I am a true japanophile :obviously:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hmm.

1. SaGa Frontier
2. Valkyrie Profile
3. Breath of Fire 5
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Ogre Battle
6. Final Fantasy Tactics
7. Demons' Souls
8. Lufia 2
9. SMT: Nocturne
10. Breath of Fire 3 (The two main villains during the first portion of the game are a pair of horses/unicorns called Balio and Sunder, who fuse into one awesome horse called Stallion before you kill them. Seriously. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ytT0ZS2s8. They even made a sound effect for them neighing when they laugh, even though the game isn't voice acted. http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowLagun ... HmdPOC3i8M)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
baronjohn said:
1. あなたは
2. たくさんの 3
3. 同性愛者
4. 日本のロールプ 2: レイングゲーム
5. されていない
6. 本当に役割
7. ゲームをプレイ 7
8. それらは
9. あなたは低能
10 爬虫類

I am a true japanophile :obviously:
More like a true pedophile. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Why do people put lesser known jrpgs higher on their list over much more popular and well known games that are still better? It's a mystery and I have no idea of course.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This is madness !

1.Chrono Trigger
2.Dragon Quest 5
3.Vagrant Story
4.Shin Megami Tensei
5.Lufia 2
6.The Secret of Mana 2
7.Shin Megami Tensei III
8.Earthbound
9.Final Fantasy 6
10.Star Ocean

mariog

Educated
Tolknaz said:
Since you seem well versed on the subject of japanese only games, i'd like to ask if you've heard of or even played Mega CD japanese only release of Shadowrun. I've always had a soft spot for the setting and although i'm not really much of a console gamer, i liked both Genesis and SNES Shadowrun games. There was supposedly an english translation planned originally, but since the game came at a time when Sega started to drop support for Mega CD, that translation never materialized. A pity, since i hear that the game was a bastard child of Snatcher and JRPG. Has anyone played this game?

No. Actually I didn't even know it existed. Too bad because it seems similar to Snatcher and I LOVED that game.

Someone said:
Legend of Mana

Fuck, I knew I had missed something.

spekkio said:
Thanks for this.

Always glad to be helpful. Are you italian (judging by your username)?

spekkio

Arcane
mariog said:
Always glad to be helpful. Are you italian (judging by your username)?
Yes. Same way as ghostdog is a ghost, Black Cat is black and His Majestic Horsieness is a journalist.

:obviously:

Coyote

Arcane
1. Anachronox
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Vagrant Story
4. FF6
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Earthbound

And don't count them for the votes, but here's a little something to keep you warm at night, Andyman:

xs-part9-9.jpg

Ixion.jpg

1669791643106378.gif

36338953202519312.gif

Odin.jpg

537px-FFVIII_Zantetsuken_EA.png

434608279158330.gif

pokemon_ponytaSprite.gif

078.png

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh god dammit, I completely forgot about Earthbound (and I've probably beaten that game 6 times) and Legend of Mana.

Updated my journal list.

kingcomrade said:
Why do people put lesser known jrpgs higher on their list over much more popular and well known games that are still better? It's a mystery and I have no idea of course.

Dunno, probs same reason those RPG Codex pople put Fallout 1 (huuuuh wut lol you can't even move while you shoot XD) over Fallout 3, which won goty (how many gotys did falliut 1 win? hmmm yeah thats what i thought(

I think theyj ust want atention, relly

Black

Arcane
Breath of Fire 4 was the only one I felt like replaying so it goes on from 1 to 10.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Admittedly, the 'heroes' in that game were kinda asking for it. I mean, Peco and Momo were pretty much the only ones that weren't total douches one way or another.

1. Saga Frontier
2. Star Ocean:The Second Stoy
3. Okage: Shadow King
4. Chrono Cross
5. Radiata Stories
6. Thousand Arms
7. Saiyuki: Journey West
8. Valkyrie Profile
9. Grandia II
10. Xenogears

Elzair

Cipher
1. Suikoden 2
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Suikoden
4. Final Fantasy VI
5. Wild Arms 2

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I'm not really angry about this shit. I haven't played a jrpg since the time I got my first pc, which was around 1999, although I did play them pretty extensively before that. Don't see the point in doign so now, they are clearly lesser games. This is factual in my head, I don't really see the need in proving this :obviously:.

I don't really remember those games, but here's those that stand out that I can locate from this thread :

Final Fantasy tactics
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
FFVI
Breath of Fire 3
Pokemon I guess? Yeah sure. I got the psychic pokemon right there my brotha

That's about it. I keep seeing Vagrant Story too, which I hear is good, but not sure if I'll ever muster the will to play such primitive drivel again

Jaesun said:
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II

Seriously? Were those any good? Or are you one of these guys that get their philosophy out of their vidya games? I would be very dissapointed if that was the case

kingcomrade said:

why are you so retarted? This routine is starting to piss me off, you're not special because you're unpretentious

I approve of being pissed off by forum post :thumbsup: good job

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Der Langrisser
Metal Max Returns
Ogre Battle
Tactics Ogre
Shadowrun (snes)
SMT 1
SMT 2
FF tactics
xenogears
Chrono Trigger

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom