Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks guys! I always wanted to try some (indio?) games. I've spent just over $100 and got some choice titles you guys listed up. Feels great to support my local garage game devs in this time of need and global crisis. I REALLY enjoy some zoomer soy-boy retard's remake/take on RPG classics of yesteryear and Microsoft PowerPoint 97 quality "Tower-Defense/RPG Hybrid" titles. Thank you guys!

Also, all titles you guys listed were 100% compatible with WinUHA 2.0

you ungrateful little shit - go here:

https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:page/humblebundle,&search/Humble Indie Bundle

click show details under any of them to see which games can run on linux

all are on steam and most are cult classics, especially older ones

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems legit.

Steam rec.jpg

Pacman championship editions is free at the moment, the reviews are middling.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/441380/

PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 is good. But it's not a normal Pac-Man game either, the goals of it seem to be very different from what I've played. Best normal Pac-Man game, and best in general is still the original Chamionship Edition that was an Xbox Live game back on 360 and later got packeaged with Galaga Dimensions and some other stuff as Namco Museum Virtual Arcade.

I did hear in a review of this game I'd just happened to watch a few days ago that it's a bit more of a hog than you'd think it would be on PC. Since it's also free on PS4 and XboxONE it might be better to get it on once of those.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let me beg for some money from you fine gentlemen. My games are available at a 60% discount. Get the bundle for a measly 2 euros.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12230/One_Bit_Bundle/

Sale ends in a little more than 24 hours.

I bought the new game a couple of days ago, I'll probably never play it, but you can get yourself a coffee with my 1€ as a thank you for your interviews, dear Matt Barton :love:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let me beg for some money from you fine gentlemen. My games are available at a 60% discount. Get the bundle for a measly 2 euros.

supported you - wanted to gift another copy away, but it's disabled for your bundle (says something like being personalized for my own account)

...tried adding it again to the cart, but then both purchase buttons are disabled (for myself, and as a gift)

Lunac

Arcane
Used to be you could try these small-time shareware games (you call them "indie" now?) for free in shareware mode or get them in bulk in thousands on a single CD as a "Shareware Collection Vol 49!!!" for about $5 or $6. NOW you want me to pay up, UP FRONT, on average $5-6 for EACH, without even trying any of them?! Git da fuk outta here wit dat chit zoomboi!!!

Besides, my Steam has been in offline mode and firewalled since about 2017... so....

Anyone have any shareware discs they want to unload?

Poseidon00

Arcane
I downloaded this weird demo of a game called "coffee talk", where you basically just serve drinks to a fantasy city full of elves, orcs, and the other typical fantasy races. Not gonna lie, it's actually pretty cool. Worth a few bucks

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

supported you - wanted to gift another copy away, but it's disabled for your bundle (says something like being personalized for my own account)

...tried adding it again to the cart, but then both purchase buttons are disabled (for myself, and as a gift)
Don't know what could be the problem unfortunately. It must be some Steam shinanigan.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
meh, the first few hours are pretty good (the androids are especially great) but it gets quite tedious and repetitive once the alien actually shows up for real (not scripted sections)...

Endemic

Arcane
Don't know what could be the problem unfortunately. It must be some Steam shinanigan.

Same thing happens for me. "Because the contents of One Bit Bundle are personalized for your account, it cannot be purchased as a gift."

Well, I bought it for myself anyway. :)

Ninjerk

Arcane
I cba to embed the game link, but there's a game called Detective Grimoire that I've had sitting on my wishlist that supposedly does crime solving reasonably well. I just picked it up for 1.39 (retail price is about 7 dollars, I think).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I cba to embed the game link, but there's a game called Detective Grimoire that I've had sitting on my wishlist that supposedly does crime solving reasonably well. I just picked it up for 1.39 (retail price is about 7 dollars, I think).

icon_thumbsDown.png

Not Recommended
0.0 hrs last two weeks / 2.4 hrs on record
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 @ 12:29am

Despite clue gathering, I did not feel like a detective as the deduction mechanics were too childish. The game has you put clues together, which is good, but if you assemble a wrong combination it simply honks at you WRONG and lets you try again. With nothing at stake you can just keep clicking things until you win. Disappointing.

Ninjerk

Arcane

icon_thumbsDown.png

Not Recommended
0.0 hrs last two weeks / 2.4 hrs on record
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 @ 12:29am

Despite clue gathering, I did not feel like a detective as the deduction mechanics were too childish. The game has you put clues together, which is good, but if you assemble a wrong combination it simply honks at you WRONG and lets you try again. With nothing at stake you can just keep clicking things until you win. Disappointing.

I got the impression from this video there were a non-trivial amount of combinations to go through:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got the impression there were a non-trivial amount of combinations to go through
Meh. I don't remember exactly how it worked, I just remember I was disappointed that I could solve like 2/3 of the mystery and just guess the rest with no penalties for fucking up.

I mean for $1.39 and 2 hours you might as well give it a try, why waste time researching the wisdom of your purchase at this point?

PrettyDeadman

I got the impression there were a non-trivial amount of combinations to go through
Meh. I don't remember exactly how it worked, I just remember I was disappointed that I could solve like 2/3 of the mystery and just guess the rest with no penalties for fucking up.

I mean for $1.39 and 2 hours you might as well give it a try, why waste time researching the wisdom of your purchase at this point?
I the video I've seen there were hundreds of available answers per question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom